Heat issue out of ideas!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killertea08

Liven The Dream
Reaction score
Ok im helping a buddy on his first grow and he has an enclosed box in his room. Lighting is a 150w hps and intake is a 4in vortex and he has very BAD heat problems! He runs the lights at night to keep the temps down and even bought a 6in vortex to help exhaust but he is still in the high 80's low 90's. The plants are ok I guess but Im out of ideas because he doesnt want his folks to find out whats in the closet. A/C is out of the question to noisy im not sure what to do I even thought of co2 to help lower temps but the box is not sealed fully it just keeps the lights from being seen. Anyone have any ideas or is he just going to have to deal with it until next grow. What are the buds going to be like?:confused:

I would say take all of the fans you have and use them all for exhaust, let the intake draw in air passively

yup you need to get some ducting and vent the air away from the box, preferably outside, but atleast away from the box

ok cool I think I have an idea now. Im going to relocate the box to a cooler area. There is no way I can draw cool air where its at his room is facing the sun and is always hot in there anyway.

Latest posts

Back