n00b grow 2009: auto ak47 and durban poison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokin427

n00b
Reaction score
aight, this is my first time growing. i chose marijuanapassion because everyone on the website seems friendly and willing to help. i live near lake michigan, to give everyone a very general idea of my latitude. i had no option but to grow outdoors but everything seems to be goin alright. i used attitude to get some durban poison and fem auto ak. i wanted auto ak because i wanted one small harvest before i head off to college. i figured the durban can grow nice and big and i can come back and harvest before thanksgiving.

alright, so i started all my beans in a small homemade grow tent with some cfls. every bean sprouted and everyone of them made it outside after a couple weeks indoors. i am new, and learning, so after i transplanted 3/5 durban died and 2/5 ak died. i think a few were chewed up by animals but either way theyre gone. otherwise, everythings goin good for the others. i dug a few good sized holes and threw in a mix of mushroom compost and sand. ive been watering plenty and giving them some nutes every couple weeks. the autos are just starting to flower and im soooo happy that my two remaining durbans came out females. heres some pics for anyone whos interested (the first two are the autos and the second one is the durban)...questions and comments much appreciated. thanks.

downsized_0723091126.jpg

downsized_0723091126a.jpg

downsized_0723091127.jpg

Yeah, welcome! Is someone going to tend the plants while you are away?

haha yes i have plans for that...i wouldnt go through all this trouble to let them dry out when i go away....did you notice the leaves on the durban look really fat for a pure sativa....? are they not getting enough sun?

Are you talking about the 3rd pic? Yes, they are fatter than a pure sativa. I don't worry about it anymore. I have so many plants whose leaves don't match their internet description, I gave up wondering. They look fine to me.

Pullin up a seat...I am interested in seeing how your autos do outside...Autos generally need at least 18 hours of light a day to really thrive...
Good luck with the grow...lots of green mojo for you...

haha thanks! this is my first time so i dont expect much, especially since theyre outside....omfg this summer has been soooo bad though. im not even joking, weve had rain atleast twice a week and rest has been cloudy...avg temp: 75 >: (

ive got another question after thinking about how crappy the weather has been: does the amount of light affect the potency of the plant or only its growth?

Hey smokin, your plants are looking awsome! I'd be willing to bet that with more sunlight, you'd probably get more resin production. Although even with minimal sunlight you will still have thc production that will get you high, so not to worry! How much light do you think your plants get on an average sunny day?

probably about 8 direct and 5 indirect so they get a good mix. i appreciate the comments, its cool to see people interested in plants that are about a foot tall! hopefully they will get me and my buddies stupid :ignore:

That's a very nice amount of sun light. They should be monsters by the time they're done. And yup, we love marijuana with a passion!

hope all is going well with your grow, i realy should do something outdoors, thanks for you vote smokin427.

its been about a week...heres just one pic. ill post some more of both the durban and autos again in about a week. i cant wait till they finish!!!

0730091854.jpg

i just got back from vacation and have some pics of my ladies to post. the 2 remaining autos are doing great and are flowering nicely. as for the durbans, both are males...im pretty pissed off that i didnt get at least one female, but thats nature.

autoak47week6.1.jpg

autoak47week6.2.jpg

autoak47week6.3.jpg

autoak47week6.4.jpg

autoak47week6.5.jpg

autoak47week6.6.jpg

dpweek6.1.jpg

hey i just looked at my plants again and realized that one is near yellowing on lower leaves....is that too much nutes or not enough?
edit: heres a pic of my plant that is near yellowing. the very bottom leaves are yellow and the next set up are near yellow. the whole plant in general is a much lighter green than the other darker green and much healthier looking ak47. too much nutes or not enough? too much water? ???

0811091012.jpg

ok so looking at the picture, does anybody know if there's anything wrong with the one plant?

my milfs are turning out great for week 8. i think theyll be ready to harvest verrry soon. the trichs are just getting ready to change color and the colas are getting fat. weve had a lot of sun the past week and they grew alot. heres a few pics, sorry the quality wasnt the best it was rainin. ill post a few more dry pics tommorow.

autoak47week8.1.jpg

autoak47week8.2.jpg

autoak47week8.3.jpg

autoak47week8.4.jpg

heres a few more pics. both plants are very close to harvest. ive got a question though....would putting a bag or bucket over my plants for the last 48 hours increase trich build up? thanks.

autoak47week8.5.jpg

autoak47week8.7.jpg

autoak47week8.6.jpg

autoak47week8.8.jpg

autoak47week8.9.jpg

autoak47week8.10.jpg

Latest posts

Back