Facebook Removes Cannabis Culture Page and a Marijuana Proponent's Account

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
For reasons unknown, Cannabis Culture Magazine's Facebook page has been disabled by the popular social networking site. The page, which had over 25,000 fans, disappeared on December 23, 2009.

Shortly afterward, administrators of the page received an email notification stating that the page violated Facebook's terms of use. Cannabis Culture editors contacted Facebook and hope to have the page reinstated soon. They are still trying to figure out how the page violated Facebook's terms, and are hopeful that Facebook does not consider discussion of cannabis to be "obscene."

According to Cheryl Shuman, Executive Director of Beverly Hills NORML 90210, her Facebook account was also removed on December 23, 2009. Shuman reports that, "Within 24 hours of me updating my posts to include that I'm beginning a national media campaign for Beverly Hills NORML, my account was just pulled!"

hxxp://tinyurl.com/yclz6wg

there terms of use are so vague that they can do it.

That really sucks. I wonder if they will kick all of us off who are subbed to NORML, CCm and other pro-marijuana pages.

this is where those 25000 members need to ban togeather, and challenge thier ruling, but we all know that won't happen...

yeah i have a FB account. but as a grower i don't advertise i'm a toker/farmer...just not good etiquette IMO
Myspace and FB have both been proven ways to get busted,.

only group im on facebook, is the unions movie web site... cause all the tokers, non-tokers and people against pot need to see it :D

Latest posts

Back