Help Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
System- DWC
Light- 400w MH
Plant- WW and NL
Room temp- 75/78f day - Night 65/68f
Intake/out-take- 180cfm
Room- 6x4x6
Ph- 5.8/9
EC- 1.8
Water Temp- 75ish

I just wanted to put this in here as well because a lot of ppl look around in here. Not shure what is wrong, but something is wrong and does need attenshion real fast!

Ok I think I found it! I think I have the middle stages of Magnesium deficiency! :eek:

My book said to treat by watering with two teaspoons of Epssom salts (magnesium sulfate) per gallon of water! I think that is for soil thought not shure?

But it says that for Mg def. If the def. progresses to the top of the , it will turn green there first. In four to six days, it will start moving down the plant, turning the lower leafs progressively greener???

I also nocied that a few of the other plants leafs tips are crisping out aswell. The worst one is not turning greener but is lighter in color then the rest? The others are not turning lighter in coloer, they are the same color as they always been. But I did notice that some of them are forming white/dryed out spots on some of the leafs, not may but like 2-4 per plannt.

So I have no clue what going on, but it is getting worse, and not looking good!

1.jpg

1.2.jpg

1.3.jpg

hey bud, i think all in all they look ok. i had the white spots before too, but it went away with time. i have notices no matter what you do, some leaves will do funky things, but the majority of the plant is beautiful. let some time go by, and see if it worsens. Loola btw, epsom salt does work for hydro and soil. some say its just a temp fix. its seems to help m babies when in need. also, when in doubt, flush! hope this helped. pps, your water temp needs to come down to 70 or so.

I'll co-sign loo'.. I sure don't see ANY signs of mg deficiency. They look pretty HAPPY to me :)..Too much mg can lock out other nutrients.

Thank you loo and Hick. But why do you think the tips are drying out to a crisp? and there is some yelloish discoloring along the edges of the leafs? Could it be the fan I was useing to strong :confused:

usually thats from nute burn. i see you used ec at 1.8. i am not familiar with ec. i just use a ppm meter. what would 1.8 ec be in ppm?
lets put it this way....if your plants are sick, then my plants are dying. youll be ok. keep us posted champ. Loola

i would try keeping the ph lower than 9. 5.4-5.6 is what ive shot for in the past with great sucess. if you are having that much of a swing it could be the tds in the water or the quality of nutrients you are using. quality nutes have built in buffers and will keep the ph stable while the plant is feeding. if your tds is high before you add the nutes it will throw the first reading you take after mixing. taking a reading after settling can mess you up too. do you have a digital meter? if not id get a quality one that reads everything. if you have quality nutes and a meter- try getting better quality water or expierementing with your mixing and testing methods- a few small things can make a huge difference.

advanced nutrients is good stuff!

if the growth looks neon- thats a good thing. the spots can happen and would be a worry if they keep developing. ill try and help ya as much as i can but im not on here often so answer back...if im on and see it ill get back to ya-

toa

SmokeyTheBear said:
Thank you loo and Hick. But why do you think the tips are drying out to a crisp? and there is some yelloish discoloring along the edges of the leafs? Could it be the fan I was useing to strong :confused:

I've noticed tips and edges turning yellow from being brushed by me when I try to get a watering can into the forest to water my hempies.

toa, he said his ph is 5.8/5.9 not 9 btw my ph drifts to 6.3 and is returnes to 5.3 with good results.

Thanks dudes yea my ph is 5.8/9 and a high of 6.2 Never gets above 6.2 and I check it like 6 times a day. I do have a good PH tester and an EC tester. They cost me 200 for both. Ph tester is a Hanna and the EC is... i forgot but it was a woand one with a range of .2 to 6.0 i think.

LOL my fan died last night and so all day today they didnt have a fan, but my light is like over 3 ft from them and they look so much better :) They are all purky and looking really green. Oh yea and the new groth is kinda neon green and when grows out its a dark green :)

But i did steal a tiny fan from my aunt. Its only about 5'' in dia, but works good and also not to strang. I think that was one of the problems.

The ph right before i went to bed last night was 5.8 and today at 6:30 central it was 6.2 so things look good ;) EC was at 1.7 when I went to bed and today same time when I checked my ph it is at 1.4 so they are feeding so no lock out

one of the leaves looks munched, maybe you have some pest, i had some that ate my leaves, they could be normal house pests not necessarily a known plants' pest, things like roaches and crawlers. i know i didnt have any gnats mites, but i didnt know what was happening so i sprayed with peticide, i saw a couple of spiders (not mites, just small spiders) dead and didnt see any more munched leaves.

loolagigi said:
toa, he said his ph is 5.8/5.9 not 9 btw my ph drifts to 6.3 and is returnes to 5.3 with good results.

Ph- 5.8/9

the ph will not stay in a range of two points so i assumed he is telling us his swing is from 5.8-9.... if not then his reading at tht moment was 5.8/5.9.

sorry for the confusion.

Latest posts

Back