pests

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zem

Reaction score
i just discovered a severe pest infestation, good news is it's not mites, bad news is, i dont know what it is :confused2: it looks like a dwarf moth, its a flier not a regular fungus gnat brownish in color texture like that of a moth. it looks very aggressive, 2 days ago i didnt see any and today i see so many fliers mostly in the lower parts just over the stem level. i know where they're hatching, my tray has a lid thats getting moist and giving them a place to hatch, i will deal with this the only way i could, i am 1 month in flowering 1 month left i have no option of removing fixing the lid so i will spray it regularly with hydrogen peroxide. my res is completely larvae free. now i'm worried how the heck will i get all the fliers now? i need something safe i harvest in 1 month, i dont want chemicals, i was thinkin yellow pest strips but from the scale of infestation i worry it will not be enough? any helpful tips would be great as i am not very experience with pest i am glad to say :) what about garlic spray or something of the kind? thanks

I am having great results with GoGnats...

I have "regular" fungus gnats though...

Reactions: zem
i couldnt find aerosol where i am, i looked for yellow pest strips but theyr expensive i'm thinkin of DIY pest strips using yellow duct tape painted with mousetrap glue :D do you think it would work?

Most room foggers are either pyrethrins or permethrins. Read the ingredients. I wouldn't bust the whole can in there though.

i tried tobacco crap, as expected it didnt help. i'm now worried cuz i will be running more plants in the same room on another light and by the time i harvest the infested ones the new ones would be a month in flowering and i couldnt use pesticides on them and the cycle will continue.
PH when you say room foggers what do you mean? i thought a fogger is a humidifier? i'm not in US so i wouldnt find same brand but i'm sure i would find it once i know what it is? pyrethrin can be used on buds? what about permethrin? thanks

ok i think i found it oil based natural pyrethrum, please confirm, i can use this stuff on buds? wouldnt it harm when smoked or ingested? how so? i read on wikipedia about pyrethrin it says : quote " Toxicity symptoms in humans include asthmatic breathing, sneezing, nasal stuffiness, headache, nausea, incoordination, tremors, convulsions, facial flushing and swelling, and burning and itching sensation" i suspect that is when exposed directly to the product?

Pyrethrins are made from Chrysanthemums. They break down very quickly, like within 24 hours or less.

Anything that is concentrated enough can kill you--nicotine is one of the most deadly poisons out there.

The worst thing could be the carrier. It may be petroleum spirits (oil based) of some sort.

Be carefull.

well check it out it's JTeaton brand, looks good hXXp://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3686490&cp=2568444.2598676.2602606.2602609.1260289

Zem, that link didn't work for me.

The JT Eaton stuff looks okay. The Kills Bed Bugs is for clothes, bedding and stored products--meaning edibles--so I personally would use it.

Which product were you looking at? I went on their site and couldn't see much but the bed bug stuiff with pyrethrins.

the 1 gal insecticide bedbug spray it comes without sprayer, try it again change the hXXp to http
hXXp://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3686490&cp=2568444.2598676.2602606.2602609.1260289

Latest posts

Back