10 x 10 grow help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alshuray1

dr.greenthumb
Reaction score
hello peeps its bin a while

Any ways i have upgraded to a ten by ten grow groom.basically a thousand cubic feet.catch is this room is an unfinished bathroom in the basement.
i want to know if i can replace the bathroom fan with a exhaust fan. it only makes sense since that is the only out vent. the question is how do i do it.?
how do i take my existing bathroom fan and install a big enough exhaust fan to change the air in the room every 5 min. im going to be cooling 2 600 hps
with air cooled reflectors. using the exhaust fan to suck out the air through six inch ducting and a y connector connecting the exhaust to the ducting to the air cooled reflector. for additional temp control i have a 7500 btu portable ac that i was using with my 400 watt hps im buying a dehumid off of kijiji. i got a wicked deal on a sentinel environmental controller ev1 for 160 and it works like a charm. just need the dehumid for true perfect temp.

If you upgrade the fan to one that will pull more air then it will help with temps and humidity. i think once every 5 mins is not very much. How many plants you going to have in there? don't forget they need constant air exchange for co2.

25 to 30
but i have no c02 yet wont get that till next month
well they need constant clean air so i in tented to buy a carbon filter that suits the room

also im leaning more towards a cge so an air purifier may definitely be in order

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
2 600's is no where near enough light for a 10x10'

i know bro buts its what i can afford i will expand
if i had enough i could have bought 4 1ooos
or six six hundreds

now you totally lost me... you say your adding co2 but dont have money for lights? IMO light is much more necessary then adding supplemental co2... If you vent properly you should not need co2...

You would need nearly 4 1000w to properly light that area if its all to used for flower. You would need 500,000 lumens for flower.

Are you going to split the room?

You do not need air purifiers and extra CO2 or air conditioning if you just vent the lights adequately.

By venting more air out you will be bringing cooler air in plus more CO2 and will lower the humidity by moving air.

With 2 600w you can light 36 ft2. I suggest you buy a black out curtain white on one side and black on the other and set it up so you can minimize the area until you can upgrade.

You are looking at some pretty heavy duty fans and new light if you want to use the whole room open plant.

alshuray1 said:
hello peeps its bin a while

Any ways i have upgraded to a ten by ten grow groom.basically a thousand cubic feet.catch is this room is an unfinished bathroom in the basement.
i want to know if i can replace the bathroom fan with a exhaust fan. it only makes sense since that is the only out vent. the question is how do i do it.?
how do i take my existing bathroom fan and install a big enough exhaust fan to change the air in the room every 5 min. im going to be cooling 2 600 hps
with air cooled reflectors. using the exhaust fan to suck out the air through six inch ducting and a y connector connecting the exhaust to the ducting to the air cooled reflector. for additional temp control i have a 7500 btu portable ac that i was using with my 400 watt hps im buying a dehumid off of kijiji. i got a wicked deal on a sentinel environmental controller ev1 for 160 and it works like a charm. just need the dehumid for true perfect temp.
Can it be done? Sure it can, but not without changing out the duct. Typical bathroom fans are ducted with 3" flex and there is no way you can move enough air through it and it will burst as it is also typically thin tin or worse yet plastic.

Post some pics of the area, and we'll let you know the best way to make your area work.

If you are going to add CO2 down the road you want a "closed loop system"
This means your exhaust can be your existing bathroom fan provided you do have the lights vented properly for cooling, and the other tools mentioned, dehu, and AC.

I hate to post the same pic twice in one day, but this mock up is to do exactly what you're trying to accomplish.

attachment.php

Peter Jennings said:
Can it be done? Sure it can, but not without changing out the duct. Typical bathroom fans are ducted with 3" flex and there is no way you can move enough air through it and it will burst as it is also typically thin tin or worse yet plastic.

Post some pics of the area, and we'll let you know the best way to make your area work.

If you are going to add CO2 down the road you want a "closed loop system"
This means your exhaust can be your existing bathroom fan provided you do have the lights vented properly for cooling, and the other tools mentioned, dehu, and AC.

I hate to post the same pic twice in one day, but this mock up is to do exactly what you're trying to accomplish.

attachment.php
this is the exact setup up im looking for

ok lets say i can borrow money for 3 1000 watt hps
im going to need a new breaker setup just for that room right
or is there any other suggestions

I would have a sub panel down to the room, then you could run everything dedicated circuits. You could also experiment with alternating running four lights three hours each moving them around the area. There is new info that would suggest doing just that which is showing positive results.

peters got it.....a big duct will be needed.

and co2 @ 1800ppm will be beneficial but not if the co2 you add will be vented right out....

research flip boxes, but i wouldnt move the lights around i would just add more lights if needed.

With a 10 x 10 space, I personally, would be for putting up a separate veg/mother/clone area. Have you given this any thought? I really like having 2 spaces (and perpetual harvests).

Divide your room up and do it right. I am with JAAM...why wld you even consider adding CO2 if you don't have enough money for proper lighting? it all goes back to the basics in my opinion. Proper lighting (3000veg/5000flower) and proper ventilation....if your ventilation is done correctly you will get more then enough fresh CO2 in your grow space....jmo

Im no pro for sure.
I also have (built a 10 X 10 room).
Then what i did was build a wall 4 feet from the outside wall to split the area.
Then i built another wall in the 4 X 10 area, to make my room just a Tad under 4 X 4. I have a 600 in there, a 6 inch air cooled hood with a Vortex fan for the job.
this room currently is the only one i am growing in. you can check out my Grow Journal to see some of the lay out.
I want to down the road, set up a mother, and a cloning area.
Baby steps for me tho.
Well wish's and i hope your area works out as good for you as mine has for me. *knock on wood** lol..
My My

thank u all for your imput
i will split the room and use one 600 and my current setup im thinking of firing up the ol 400 also. the other side i will keep my clones i have a few t5 lights.
i have mothers else where.
my original plan was to max out this room. i have mothers and clones elsewhere. i guess now i can cut out unnecessary plant transportation.
would post pics but i have the pics on my black berry and i dont have
a cord to transfer. i will step my game up and post some pics. i will keep you guys posted. although im not sure i can build a wall to split the room i need some sort of divider. black and white poly

next thing is i think i need to install a sub panel
but i cant just invite any electrician to my house if you know what i mean.
what should i do

alshuray1 said:
next thing is i think i need to install a sub panel
but i cant just invite any electrician to my house if you know what i mean.
what should i do

These are things that you gotta plan ahead for man... step 1 would be power before setting anything up so you just have an empty basement when the electrician comes... ;)

Latest posts

Back