10 x 10 grow help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alshuray1 said:
next thing is i think i need to install a sub panel
but i cant just invite any electrician to my house if you know what i mean.
what should i do

Why not? You don't have plants going in that space currently do you?

i have four in flower.truth is i was in a situation so i had to move it to my family members house. hence the 10x10x10 unfinished bathroom.
i know very well that i should plan first but i was kind a thrown into a situation
i realize that i am wasting too much space so thats why im coming to you guys.
my family member does not want anybody coming to the house. so i have to do this on my own. not to sure how to deal with the subpanel issue.again, this is why im coming to you guys .
also my family member said he would loan me a thousand to set up the room
which means i can buy 4 1000 i would rather go 5 6oos but all this is redundant unless i install at least a 60 amp subpanel. HELP

How long before the plants finish flowering? Why not just wait till then.
That will give you time to plan the layout of the room, buy the goods and then once you get the panel up you can be ready.

Post up a new thread requesting help on running a sub panel. There is sure to be someone come along that can help you. Be sure to take all your electrical needs into account when planning your sub panel size.

alshuray1 said:
i have four in flower.truth is i was in a situation so i had to move it to my family members house. hence the 10x10x10 unfinished bathroom.
i know very well that i should plan first but i was kind a thrown into a situation
i realize that i am wasting too much space so thats why im coming to you guys.
my family member does not want anybody coming to the house. so i have to do this on my own. not to sure how to deal with the subpanel issue.again, this is why im coming to you guys .
also my family member said he would loan me a thousand to set up the room
which means i can buy 4 1000 i would rather go 5 6oos but all this is redundant unless i install at least a 60 amp subpanel. HELP
Shoot me a PM with as many details as you can. I need to know all equipment you are planning to use, how far you are from the main panel, what size it is in terms of amps.

I would highly suggest you go with two lights opposed to four and use light movers. I would also alternate them six hours each. That's 1/4 th the cost of running four, and a ton easier to cool.

I can also do a mock for you if I have pics, or a basic blueprint of the area with door openings and walls shown.

I personally do not like light movers and do not use them (I have 2 of them in my storage shed). I would really recommend lighting to at least 5000 lumens per sq ft.

THG,
may i inquire why you don't like the light movers?
I had thought about one, however my current space isn't big enough to even think about needing one.
But the ideal did go threw my mind while i was plannning my build(room)
My MY

i never really looked into light movers ill give it a tray as for the subpanel
ill get all the details and get back to you peter

thank you again trillions
looks a little bit complicated

I think you should get some white panel board or something similiar and make a false room inside your space that is the proper sqft for the lighting you have.

Then you can vent your heat directly into the basement instead of through the exhaust fan and then maybe out of a basement window. Nice way to save on winter heating if your basement is warm.

thank you trillions
just a quick question what kind of wiring do i use

You know, it sounds like you're on a fast track to electrocution if you're going to try to do some wiring and not even know what wire to buy.

LOL

your looking for Romex and gf receptacles...do you know any electricians?

as long as you use circuit breakers and have no power going to what your wiring up you have no worries.... 240v is a different story.

word to the wise- DONT wear ANY jewelry!!!

Its really scary at first. But simple once its done. Just a 40amp 2 pole breaker in the main, running 8/2 romex into lighting controller. Then that feeds up to as many watts as you can handle. CAP makes good controllers. Once lighting is wired, thats the bulk of it. The ventilation can be simply run from a stamdard wall outlet. Done and done. Think thats hard? Wait till you try and bring a 100ft space of chronic to a full 17 weeks and all healthy. Thats a diff story my friend. GL

nouvellechef said:
Its really scary at first. But simple once its done. Just a 40amp 2 pole breaker in the main, running 8/2 romex into lighting controller. Then that feeds up to as many watts as you can handle. CAP makes good controllers. Once lighting is wired, thats the bulk of it. The ventilation can be simply run from a stamdard wall outlet. Done and done. Think thats hard? Wait till you try and bring a 100ft space of chronic to a full 17 weeks and all healthy. Thats a diff story my friend. GL

thank you very much
at least i understand what im doing
also could i run 8/3 romex
secondly thiers is no space for the breaker to go, the box is full. so does this mean i need to install a subpanel.

ok i took a detailed look in my breaker box the breaker that controls that room
also controls a room up stairs. so can i just replace the breaker. or just stick to my original plan installing the sub panel

If sparkman or viper are still on the site. PM them. I am not a pro. They helped me do mine. Works perfect. If the run is not far from the main panel, like say less than 20ft. Yes, just put 40amp 2 pole breaker in main and hook up romex. Idk about 8/3. I just know 8/2 is what they told me. The CAP instructions say wire size also for whichever controller you choose. Def get controller though. Make you life easier. The relay from the controller gets plugged into simple digi timer from depot. Set it and forget it. Will run for years without a hiccup.

randmsupply.com

I use there 8 light controller with timer. The reason for the double timer, if one fails, there is a backup. GL

Latest posts

Back