"Which Tent" Setup Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, excellent Goddess, thanks. I assume the more stress-free the girls are the greater the yield and quality they'll produce. :) Excellent!

Now that you mention it, I'm having a hard time figuring out the difference between "fimming" and "topping". It seems pretty subtle to me.

It is subtle. Fim is kind of a mini topping. You just take about 1/2 of the growing tip rather than cutting below the nodes on the main stem.

hXXp://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?1377-Topping-amp-Fimming-Your-Plant-Plant-s

Thanks for link Goddess, that's a big help. Nice pics there too.

I'm all over the place with my questions but I was wondering what type of fan would be ideal for cooling a hooded reflector with a 1000w HPS? I plan on having the duct work for the light go straight through the tent, in one side and out the other with the light in the middle. Then I'll have a separate powerful centrifuge fan and filter setup for tent ventilation for a 5 x 5 space. So what type of fan for cooling the light? Thanks.

I would go with another centrifuge type fan. I use a 448cfm Vortex.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I would go with another centrifuge type fan. I use a 448cfm Vortex.

That clears that up, two centrifuge fans.

I think I'm in great shape now as far as knowledge/ information to get started. I know there's so much more to learn, but I have to start somewhere/ sometime.

I've appreciated all the help and I look forward to sharing my experiences here in the future. Thanks so much, and especially to the generous and patient Hemp Goddess. Thanks!

Wait a second, I have another question :).

I was wondering if I could pull the tent air through the hooded reflector ducted to outside the tent and connected to a powerful centrifuge fan (setup outside the tent) with a filter attached to the fan where the air exits. This way I would only need one quality centrifuge fan to both cool the light and exchange the air in the tent. Would this work? Thanks.

BoneMan1000 said:
Wait a second, I have another question :).

I was wondering if I could pull the tent air through the hooded reflector ducted to outside the tent and connected to a powerful centrifuge fan (setup outside the tent) with a filter attached to the fan where the air exits. This way I would only need one quality centrifuge fan to both cool the light and exchange the air in the tent. Would this work? Thanks.

thats what i do now, i used to have sperate exhaust in my tent but it was useless. the amount of negative pressure i got with just one fan was more than enough. my tent was on the smaller side though

PuffinNugs said:
thats what i do now, i used to have sperate exhaust in my tent but it was useless. the amount of negative pressure i got with just one fan was more than enough. my tent was on the smaller side though

It seems you could install the filter on the hood instead (either side it seems would work) or to the fan's outlet. I won't know until I actually start setting it up how I'm going to do it. The only reason I kept thinking I needed two fans was because of a video I watched on growbox.com, but there's no point drawing extra power if I don't need too.

I found this vegging kit that seems pretty nice with two T5 4 bulb setups but it seems pretty expensive. It definitely blows away HTG's Mother's Keeper. Thanks.

hxxp://www.monstergardens.com/grow-room-packages/2-x-4.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-vmshopgreen.tpl&product_id=661&category_id=111

I use 2 fans but mainly only because I had 2 fans laying around from a previous grow.

Herm, it's good to know that 2 fans aren't absolutely necessary.

I was wondering which pots are better for soil growing, the round ones or the square ones? Or does it matter at all? Thanks.

square allows you to use all the square footage in you grow area.

Latest posts

Back