Hello from a newbie!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justanotherfarmer

Reaction score
Hello friends my name is well JOHN DOE as far as you are concerned lol. I just want to introduce my self as a "friend of a friend" had suggested. I am a new grower and wanted to get some advice and got tired of all the ** on grasscity and rollitup so here I am. I am going to go into my setup now and keep this short and sweet as I hate reading as do some of you, I'm sure.

I am using a Secret Jardin DR90 36X36X72 grow tent
I have a 600 watt Ulti-Lumenx GLK600CRHM 600 Watt Grow Light Digital Dimmable HPS MH ballast with an air cooled hood
A ventech 6in inline fan connected via ducting to a 6in carbon filter
Another 6in inline fan from ipower
2 variable speed controllers
2 thermometer and hygrometer sensors
The bulbs came with the light(i know probably not the best but FREE is FREE)
a cheapo vicks vaporizer 1.2 gallon res.
an oscillating fan

The soil I am using is foxfarms happy frog and ocean forest 50/50 mix and the nutes I have are bushdoctor boomerang, bio brew, sledgehammer and grow big

Currently my seven little girls are only 2 weeks from seedling and showing there 2nd and 3rd sets of true leaves also showing signs of stress and stunting probably from over watering. I have them all except one in 6in one quart pots so they are huge for them. I have given them a 1/4 tsp of grow big per gallon thus far and only one feeding....been using ph neutral water that has sat out for a couple of days. I did a 4cup batch of boomerang last night and split that between them last night. I know with out pics all that info is almost usless so I will try and get some up soon. Thank you for reading and thats it. Oh this is my first indoor grow.

Hello again I am posting some pics would like some feed back again they are only 2-3 weeks old from seed and I split a gallon w/ .25 tsp of grow big between them all a little over a week ago and then 2 days ago .5 tsp of boomerang per 4 cups between them all. I did the boomerang because I thought they were showing signs of over watering and stress and thats what boomerang is designed to aid with. They are also in a 50/50 mix of ffarms happy frog and ocean forest. Also I am a complete newbie and I am aware of it and willing to change that so please any feedback would be great......Oh and in the pics dont know if you can tell or not but the light is a little over a foot away from the plants...keeping in the range of 70-80 degrees with light on and in the mid 60s w/ off. I have them on a 17 hour on 7 hour off. Read some where it helps to increase female/male ratio if kept on a longer dark period while vegging....dont know if that is correct or not so figured an extra hour couldnt hurt. Again that came from grasscity and rollitup which is a crap shoot as far as Im concerned.

got a security token problem when uploading pics so dont know what that means....not trying to be a flake or anything

Welcome farmer! Nice to have you here. Sounds like a nice set up... looking forward to the pictures.. Are you loading from your camera or phone? I just use my camera only.

My first thought is that you are feeding way too early. FFOF has nutes to last 5=6 weeks. Happy frog has nutes to last three weeks.

I think you may have been given some bum info about the lights. Most of us run 24/7 in veg... Again welcome.

Ok I keep getting a security token alert and contact the site admin and when I do that and fill out the form and describe the situation it says error invalid forum selection........wonder if this is just me being a complete newbie because I am new to actually posting and conversing on forums aswell as growing so.....I dont know how to get pics up here to get feed back...this sucks....I am taking them on a digital camera and they are in .jpeg format each one like 3 megs

I use Windows Lve Photo Gallery, click on the picture I want to resize, go to properties and resize to medium usually. As long as it is the same or smaller size than they allow.

I got that security token thing too and the error but It eventually worked for me. Maybe pm Tech Administrator directly.

Hey....guys update on my new grow....everything seems to be working it self out....corrected the water issue and feeding issues.....I think they look good. Lets see if you guys agree as I think I have figured out how to post pictures now......

View attachment DSC00233.jpg

View attachment DSC00234.jpg

View attachment DSC00235.jpg

View attachment DSC00236.jpg

View attachment DSC00239.jpg

View attachment DSC00251.jpg

View attachment DSC00245.jpg

View attachment DSC00242.jpg

View attachment DSC00249.jpg

Latest posts

Back