A lil.help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful plants there. Usually tips of the leaves that look crispy brown indicate too much nutes . I push the nutes till that shows up then back off just a bit. I (Mr. TCbud) also sprays every three days to get the bugs as they hatch. He will do that three or four times. He is spraying smaller plants tho. Rose is right, all surfaces need hit.

You got an Awesome harvest in your future.

Beautiful plants there. Usually tips of the leaves that look crispy brown indicate too much nutes . I push the nutes till that shows up then back off just a bit. I (Mr. TCbud) also sprays every three days to get the bugs as they hatch. He will do that three or four times. He is spraying smaller plants tho. Rose is right, all surfaces need hit.

You got an Awesome harvest in your future.
Some thing doesn't look right maybe they are not getting enough nutes I'm thinking it's lacking potassium but not sure.this is stressful here's some pix.i just fed them 2 days ago at 5 mil.of grow big and big bloom ph'd to 6.8 but starting to notice brown spots and light green foliage
e2fef70e75666b4577fb25c0924bded6.jpg
b929c63f0e528780ca7df178045a58a3.jpg
dccc3a2b4b61fc70489a26ed88b5bde5.jpg
0b1f355600de01f3fca07c29581b2bc8.jpg
622689fd44890e8bdaa85871b196a370.jpg
aa7445b9d2bbaf0237838f23f45e4450.jpg
5c4061dddd0e27c1a07528f3b5d66f15.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Try not using the cal mag for a few waterings/feedings. I use the cal mag supplement twice a month. U should be good just water throughly and hit em with some kelp and yucca

Hi Natize, did you get your thrip problem taken care of?
Yes I did so far haven't seen any bit I still hit them with the spinosad once a week just to make sure.just got this other lil issue is all now

Try not using the cal mag for a few waterings/feedings. I use the cal mag supplement twice a month. U should be good just water throughly and hit em with some kelp and yucca
I'll try that not using cal mag all the research I've been doing is leading me back to potassium maybe it's not enough since I'm o my giving them 1tsp a gallon and the girls are big maybe they need more?

Hey Natize: That looks more to me like Thrip damage but possibly there is also some toxicity going on. I have talked to other people who have had issues with FFOF and FF products building up "leftovers" from the nutrients that cause the soil to get toxic buildup. This can easily be remedied by flushing the medium well to remove the buildup.

However, you have to remember that if you flush any medium that has nutrients in it, you will strip out those nutrients and end up with your soil becoming inert. This is not a problem if you know what to expect. You just have to feed them a little more if you did a heavy flush so that they don't go hungry. You also will have to pH adjust your water/solution. I would recommend that you set your solution pH to about 6.3 as it will most likely rise some in that soil. Plus you are not wholly depending on beneficial microbes to control the pH so you don't want it as high as organic medium which likes pH around 6.7.

Also with Thrips, it has been my experience that the thrips will attack from the lower parts of the plant first and work their way up the plant. But they may do differently in different parts of the country/world. But the best tell-tale sign of them for me is the leaves get silvery looking little spots and lines as they bite into the leaves and suck out the juices. This damage will not heal. These spots and tracks will turn brown but the leaves will recover and continue if they are not badly damaged before you eradicate them.

I personally like to use Azamax which is derived from Neem oil. The best way to use it is to mix the oil with water and shake it hard to hydrolyze the oil. I like to use 2ml of Azamax to 1 liter of water and then I pour into the soil as a "soil drench". I do this as a deterrent to many of the chewing bugs. If I had an infestation I would use 4ml of Azamax to 1 liter of water, then I would spray the plant and pour into soil. The plants are able to absorb the ingredients and move them throughout the plants systemically which causes the bugs to eat it and die. It is totally organic and metabolizes within the plant after about 10 days. It leaves nothing behind for taste, but don't spray onto buds as that will stay and leave a possible taste. :)

The SNS is good stuff as well and may have already eliminated the problem. But you will need to continue to use something to protect the plants from future attacks as you have them outside.

The latest damage appears to be the old bites from the bugs turning necrotic (browning) as this damage will not heal but will leave behind scars.

The yellowing on the lower leaves looks like a natural "yellowing off" process that happens with all Cannabis. As the plant gets larger, the lower leaves get less and less light, and become a useless drain of energy to the plant, so it will pull out any elements that it can recycle to the upper part of the plant. Then once it has pulled out everything it wants, it drops those leaves. The Thrip damage may have hastened this yellowing off of those lower leaves.

I would suggest at this point that you use both the sns and the neem oil(use as a soil drench) to eliminate any chewers. Then just keep an eye on them for further damage. The yellowing of the newest growth is fairly common. the trick is to watch the new growth over time to be sure that it greens up as it matures. I hope this helps :)

One more thing. Many of the natural pesticides have to be sprayed onto the leaves to kill or prevent attacks, but during flowering you have to forgo spraying anything on the buds. This is when Azamax and Neem oil shine as they can be poured into the soil and go inside the plant. Be sure to discontinue use a full 2 weeks from harvest to give the plants time to metabolize it away before harvesting. :)

Hey Natize: That looks more to me like Thrip damage but possibly there is also some toxicity going on. I have talked to other people who have had issues with FFOF and FF products building up "leftovers" from the nutrients that cause the soil to get toxic buildup. This can easily be remedied by flushing the medium well to remove the buildup.

However, you have to remember that if you flush any medium that has nutrients in it, you will strip out those nutrients and end up with your soil becoming inert. This is not a problem if you know what to expect. You just have to feed them a little more if you did a heavy flush so that they don't go hungry. You also will have to pH adjust your water/solution. I would recommend that you set your solution pH to about 6.3 as it will most likely rise some in that soil. Plus you are not wholly depending on beneficial microbes to control the pH so you don't want it as high as organic medium which likes pH around 6.7.
Thanks.yeah I was fighting thrips but they are taken care of and the brown rust spots I'm referring to isn't thrips I still can't figure it out

I'd say you have a pH problem. Imo it's the most common problem people have. The newer leaves being green is normal. Sometimes newer growth is lighter until it ages especially if the plant is vigorous and growing rapidly.

As for thrips, I'm not saying you don't have a problem, but ime thrips attack the newest growth, the softest tissue, leaving newly forming leaves deformed. That's what I recognize as thrip damage.

Lastly, your ocean forest definitely can be used without checking pH but not with ANY chemicals. FF is an organic/Chem mix. If you want to just water and not monitor pH try Earth Juice or Neptune's Harvest. I use EJ during veg then NH in flower both very sparingly since I use hot soil. I don't monitor pH.

Hope this helps!
Hey where can i find that eath juice and neptunes harvest the local ships don't have it.could u send me a link or some pictures so I can look for them is like to try em out on some other plants I have in ocean forrest.

Latest posts

Back