apollo 11 and chunky cheese...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funkfarmer

It's growing like a WEED!
Reaction score
Hi all, i have two plants in flower for 2 weeks and the leaves are rapidly changing yellow. They are in dwc with gh 3 part nutes at 550 ppm and 6.2 ph. I think its too soon for all that yellow. Thanks in advance

P2040014.JPG

P2040015.JPG

P2040016.JPG

P2040017.JPG

P2040018.JPG

Hey Smoky IMO drop the PH to 5.8 you look to be getting a nute lock out. When growing with a DWC you want the PH to be between 5.5 and 6.0 for the best nute availablity for the plants

thanks ozzy, should i change the whole rez or just adjust the ph of the nutes that are in the rez now? I just did a rez change yesterday.

I would not adjust the PH with the plants roots in the water, hold plants roots up out of water, adjust PH, Let circulate for 15 min or so check PH again if alright put plant back in, stand back then watch her grow.

Green Mojo to help see your ladies thru

Thanks man, ill try that and see how it goes.

In addition to adjusting the pH as Ozzy recommends, I would also raise my PPMs (slowly)--550 is really quite low for flowering plants. Raise it slowly to prevent nute burn. I would think that you could get up to 1000+ without any problems. I do not remember Apollo 11 as being a nute sensitive plant.

Thanks THG, how should i raise the ppms, with every nute change or add a little each day? I was getting a bit of burn on the tips of the leaves so i backed off. Maybe i backed off too much.

smoky anda bandit said:
Thanks THG, how should i raise the ppms, with every nute change or add a little each day? I was getting a bit of burn on the tips of the leaves so i backed off. Maybe i backed off too much.

I would raise them each res change--raise it to about 650-700 now and watch closely for nute burn (however, I think that you should be just fine at this level). Then pH the solution. You might have had a nute deficiency rather than nute burn--there are some deficiencies that will look like burn at first. With your pH so high, you were locking out many of the nutrients that your girls need.

Ahh, thanks for the lesson Hemp Goddess. Lets see how this goes.

Latest posts

Back