Have you dropped a light on an auto b4?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gixxerman420

Broke-n-Tokin Tent Bonger
Reaction score
I freaking' dropped my T5 setup on my il diavolo auto this evening, broke a branch and squished the top fairly badly.... Just wondering if anyone's ever done this to an auto before and if it hurt production much! Thx guys! Here's a link to a photo of her! View attachment 163305

They heal rather quickly, hopefully it won't be too, bad.

looks pretty good, but your arm doesn't...Thats gotta hurt!

lmao...did you use a house of mirrors to take that photo in?? What's with the arm??

Plant will be fine, only real damage was to your ego, my friend!! It too will heal lol...but the memory remains, never forget and try not to repeat!

Lol. it will be fine mate. I dropped my 600w on one of in my last grow while i was out and stayed on it for about 30 mins. Took off a whole branch and burnt half the plant to a crisp, still got about an ounce out of it. healed fast.

Roddy said:
lmao...did you use a house of mirrors to take that photo in?? What's with the arm??

Plant will be fine, only real damage was to your ego, my friend!! It too will heal lol...but the memory remains, never forget and try not to repeat!
:rofl: NOO!!! It's mylar reflection! LOL... You guys are crazy :joint: Thx to all of you!

Roddy said:
lmao...I knew this, truly I did. :D
I know... Or hoped that you knew! I'd feel sorry for your plants if that weren't the case!:rofl: Just pullin' chains and gettin' goats!

pics of injured plant .. this plant wasnt an auto. but there was a difference in production. this plant might have 1/4 oz dried and if it was healthy about 1oz to 1 1/2 oz. Mainly learning to do this camera thing, seemed like a place to start.

100_0006-1.JPG

100_0005.JPG

100_0004.JPG

jungle said:
pics of injured plant .. this plant wasnt an auto. but there was a difference in production. this plant might have 1/4 oz dried and if it was healthy about 1oz to 1 1/2 oz. Mainly learning to do this camera thing, seemed like a place to start.
Dude, what happened to her!? She looked to be in full swing budding action, was the quality/quantity affected greatly!? Tough luck bud, better luck on the next lady!:D

My yoyo slipped and my 600W scorched five seedlings in solo cups. They couldn't be saved because they were so young. It burned two larger autos pretty bad and I lost about 1/3 each on those two plants. I noticed it slowed down the harvest date... I guess the stress and recovery process was to blame for that. Watch those yoyos. The are not that reliable. I still use them but I tighten them so tight that I usually have to use pliars to get them loose. live and learn...

Gixerman....Shes the last plant still standing now...from my last grow.....It wasn't a great loss because she was a clone..and I made some extras, ....I didnt see it happen but I think maybe a limb caught it and might of done it when I was moving and watering my plants.....I think the high will be ok..its sticky and smells great...It probly happened two weeks into flowering. ....and because of what it went through I have had it in dakrness for awhile just to stress it and see what happens...(no yelling please).... It looks like it will be ok.......I don't mean to hi jack the thread.........I just had kinda of an example of what the thread was talking about....

Hippie Chick...My lights have fallen when I never had them safely secure

jungle said:
Gixerman....Shes the last plant still standing now...from my last grow.....It wasn't a great loss because she was a clone..and I made some extras, ....I didnt see it happen but I think maybe a limb caught it and might of done it when I was moving and watering my plants.....I think the high will be ok..its sticky and smells great...It probly happened two weeks into flowering. ....and because of what it went through I have had it in dakrness for awhile just to stress it and see what happens...(no yelling please).... It looks like it will be ok.......I don't mean to hi jack the thread.........I just had kinda of an example of what the thread was talking about....

Hippie Chick...My lights have fallen when I never had them safely secure
No hi jacking, it's relevant!:D We're all here to learn and it only makes since to place similar issues together. Stressing the plant in this fashion will undoubtedly cause her to herm! If you're going to insist on keeping her in this state, I'd certainly keep her far from your flowering chamber! Any pollination made from a herm will produce hermie seeds; and once you have pollen in there it's hard to get rid of... They're smaller than a grain of sand and it only takes one to pollinate! I'd wear gloves when messing with her, and keep them in the same area as the plant! May even go as far as getting a lab coat type of deal for the flowering area so no pollen is transmitted via your clothing! Be careful and have fun with it bro!

yeah i watch her everyday shes not seeding. and my grow is finished now so theres no jeapordy, I need to pick it, put it aside and see if it smokes different than the plants that grew up healthier... I understand what your saying thanks for the heads up..I don't want to polenate any moms or other plants.....I read about the white widow being left in darkness and recieved majority opinion on the issue. And I'm doing just the oppisit of what people said basically...If this was a prize plant I wouldn't treat her this way....lol. i'm mean sometimes....Thanks Gixx

jungle said:
yeah i watch her everyday shes not seeding. and my grow is finished now so theres no jeapordy, I need to pick it, put it aside and see if it smokes different than the plants that grew up healthier... I understand what your saying thanks for the heads up..I don't want to polenate any moms or other plants.....I read about the white widow being left in darkness and recieved majority opinion on the issue. And I'm doing just the oppisit of what people said basically...If this was a prize plant I wouldn't treat her this way....lol. i'm mean sometimes....Thanks Gixx
Oh by all means experiment... Someone can tell me something 100 times, but I don't KNOW know until I see it!:hubba: I wouldn't expect anyone else to act solely on my recommendations. Find out for yourself... I like to do things like this on problem plants and runts too; frees up valuable space in the flowering tent too!:hubba:

Latest posts

Back