Using Potassium silicate and humic acid with chemical nutrients?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Music
Reaction score
Was wondering if you have to grow Organic to use Potassium silicate and/or Humic Acid? I was planning on picking them up and adding them to my water to help with any heat issues this Summer. Not sure if the plants uptake this directly or if a Micro Hurd is needed. Thanks.

No works with both chems and organic

No works with both chems and organic

Thanks. I will be ordering both right now. Been lucky so far as the temps have not climbed over 90 much yet but i know July and August could be brutal. I want to try and give myself every advantage I can with the heat, short of buying a portable AC unit.

I use the liquid for my dwc and the dry for my organic

Last edited by a moderator:
if my math is correct... and it could be wrong

154 grams of Si powder added to 1 gallon should make the same mix as the silica blast which yields 28ppm Si and 14 ppm K at a rate of 5ml per gallon(as directed)

for direct addition to yield the same it would be 0.2 grams per gallon... unless you got the right scale its hard to weigh 0.2 grams

I don't use Si any more it raises my ph to much, but I have considered working it in with the addition of his PEKacid to offset the ph... but I haven't done the math to see how it adds up or how much PEKacid would be required to offset the ph up swing

Yeah I got that same link off another site I hang at. Kisorganics still has it 5 bucks cheaper for a pound.

sweet

I often find myself shopping at familiar places despite paying more... mostly based on there shipping methods and business name

Was wondering if you have to grow Organic to use Potassium silicate and/or Humic Acid? I was planning on picking them up and adding them to my water to help with any heat issues this Summer. Not sure if the plants uptake this directly or if a Micro Hurd is needed. Thanks.
wat Potassium silicate and/or Humic Acid does to heat ?

It all helps in many ways from fighting off disease, drought heat stress , increases THC. yield , crop health etc nutrient uptake
just remember your adding SALT which potassium silicate is or classification there of .... what ever to much can be just as bad be gentle if your going at it the first time
Also potasium silicate is a bud booster in reality so should be increased in the flowerin phase so base out of a 4 scale in veg 1 - 1.25 per 4 in flowering phase 3rd week start increasing dosage from again out of a scale of 4 1.5 - 2.25 increase
Humix and fulvix ( amino acids ) is esentual should be used in all stages its first line of defense to disease it helps again with nutrient uptake buffers the soil from naturally occuring salts etc and for some that didn't know it can be used as ph down ,

potassium is the nutrient that controls respiration, respiration controls internal temp of plant just as you sweat

the added K helps with heat stress....

on the other hand too much K might also lock out Mg and Ca so over using silica can have its issues

as a foliar the silica helps with powdery mildew

I have tried a range of dosing... in the end I ended up not using it for the ph rise was undesirable and since I mix a concentrate it wont allow me to use it in my res

im not big on foliar except when necessary

it works best if used from the start of veg until harvest as it seems to have a better accumulative effect

it makes all the branching very rigid or turgid which help hold the weight in high producing stretchy plants

the difference it makes to the plant is obvious and noticeably different in its positive effects

I have tried levels as hi as 100ppm if Si with difficulty

I would suggest a medium dose and if it messes with your ph drasticly perhaps not use it or use less

if you use it heavy and start to see Mg def don't assume theres not enough Mg.. it might be to much K

if memory serves.. the 5ml recommended in silica blast yields about 30ppm Si

Thanks for all the input peeps. I have been using it and my plants seem healthy. It does swing the hell out of my water ph. 7.9 out of the tap became 9.2 today in 5 gallons of water with just 25ml's of silicate.

I found out it also ruins water tight containers with rubber gaskets. It causes the gaskets to fail and the container to leak. In the 10cc syringe i used to add the silicate it ruined the rubber stopper and made the syringe seize up.

It also could double for Astro glide or any other lube in a pinch. :D My habd were slick as hell after getting it on me.

Thanks Hamster, i ordered some today. The temps are crazy..105 today, anything that will help. I have always used humic acid in my grows.

Thanks Hamster, i ordered some today. The temps are crazy..105 today, anything that will help. I have always used humic acid in my grows.

I will be adding the SI as well, outdoor temps are gonna be in the 90s from here on out, I already have plenty of diamond nectar on hand always.

Latest posts

Back