How long do auto's tend to take to show sex!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gixxerman420

Broke-n-Tokin Tent Bonger
Reaction score
I've got an Il Diavolo auto at 3 weeks old; the breeder's description quoted 7 weeks from sprout to harvest... How long will it flower for then? I hope it does something soon or I'm going to LST it and place it under 12/12!
View attachment 162757
A link to the picture I took earlier today posted in my GJ... See if you think she should be showing! She's about 7-8 inches tall...

I usually get males showing in under 20 days, around 15 mostly. Females around 20.
I have 4 at 23 days and one of them just showed this morning. The first about 4 days ago.

SPEARCHUCKER said:
I usually get males showing in under 20 days, around 15 mostly. Females around 20.
I have 4 at 23 days and one of them just showed this morning. The first about 4 days ago.
Okay so any day now then! Thx man! I hope all is well with her; I've not heard of Il Diavolo and I've heard chatter of there being a lot of trouble autos out there right now! She better do good for all the TLC I've shown!:D

i've got 4 HBD's going. 1 male showed at 14 days the rest showed around day 20. i have 2 males and 2 females..

14-21 days was the norm for me back when I grew them....

Hamster Lewis said:
14-21 days was the norm for me back when I grew them....
Well today is 21 and no signs! I am concerned at this point! What should I do?

mine are around 20 days and i looked to day and 3 of the 4 were male

Gixxerman420 said:
Well today is 21 and no signs! I am concerned at this point! What should I do?

Don't panic...just let them go and keep checking them daily...nothing is written in stone and plants tend to do their own thing.

sickbiker said:
mine are around 20 days and i looked to day and 3 of the 4 were male
That sux! I sorry about your luck bud... Males tend to show before females I think so the other is probably female.
Hamster Lewis said:
Don't panic...just let them go and keep checking them daily...nothing is written in stone and plants tend to do their own thing.
Yeah; She showed this afternoon; I had to look at her sideways and squint my eyes but I saw the starting of two little white hairs coming from both sides of both leaves of the second from the top node... If that wasn't confusing enough, I snapped a photo and you can barely see them even in a close up! Of course, it was taken with a shitty camera and a magnifying glass so... Get out what you put in I guess!:rofl:View attachment 162901 check it out!!!

In my experience (limited) if they don't show as male in 21 days.... you need to relax cause you probably got a high female ratio.

OldHippieChick said:
In my experience (limited) if they don't show as male in 21 days.... you need to relax cause you probably got a high female ratio.
Yeah, I was just getting antsy, been about a year and a half since I've seen the promise of white pistils! I'm excited now! I have a confirmed lady on my hands! :yay:

Latest posts

Back