A.k.a. Greenybeanymeany Grow #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I joined back when I did my first semi real grow, if you haven't seen that journal, its good for some laughs. Just came back after 6 years.

Any advice is always appreciated, and I'll make sure I check out your journals

And I fully intend to get a tent and hps very soon.

I beefed up my grow box with some y adapters and had to raise the roof on my lights. Working with the lights I have at the moment. 3 at 5000k and 2 at 6500k. I put one 5000k in the middle, and one of each on opposite sides of each Y adapter.

Total lumens jumped up to 7700. And my space is barely over a square foot. And I only raised it about 3 or 4 inches.

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1427846880537.jpgView attachment uploadfromtaptalk1427846896859.jpgView attachment uploadfromtaptalk1427846909938.jpg
View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1427846932914.jpg

And I think it will stay like this, less noisy and probably pulls more air through the door.

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1427846989208.jpg

Don't worry, I have the chord more secured and away from the light.

And there is a 6 inch fan hidden In the dark gap above.

I'll probably add another y adapter and switch lights out from higher lumen and all 6500k lights when the board needs taken out and rearranged. And then hopefully I will have a tent in, because if not I am going to have to do some serious scrambling.

I am not sure why it posted all the pictures again in the same post. And I can't seem to fix it.

WAYYY BETTER MAN, keep em trained tight and clip some loser stuff till u get a cheap hps i'll post u mine let me go jid it but its adjustable to not just 600w brb

here man tis is their home page but amazon carries the line and i have run it they are good ballest and bulbs just get he hps tho nn the mh
mp
://www.apollohorticulture.com/HID.html
and those cfl bases heat up in them y's so keep an eye on em maybe 18/6 em you will see the bases start to tan the cfls are no good any way but the bases can start trouble imo

And then hopefully I will have a tent in, because if not I am going to have to do some serious scrambling.

...no you will get a tent. Stick to the plan :aok:

The CFL's seem to be set up nice. I have 0 CFL experience though so I'm useless there. :D The plant is looking quite decent :aok:

and those cfl bases heat up in them y's so keep an eye on em maybe 18/6 em you will see the bases start to tan the cfls are no good any way but the bases can start trouble imo

Ok, will do. I'm gonna keep it 24/0 as I have been. But I'm hoping I won't have an issue, the lower white fan blows right onto them.

...no you will get a tent. Stick to the plan :aok:

The CFL's seem to be set up nice. I have 0 CFL experience though so I'm useless there. :D The plant is looking quite decent :aok:

I will. I'm just saying if it outgrows before I have the spare cash. I doubt it will though.

And thanks!

well, if you're not getting a bigger space and light, then i say flowering is not that far ahead. in this tight space, the plant will easily overgrow it if you flower it late so you need to have one plan and stick to it. if you are not sure that you can get a light and bigger space for it, then i would say just go for it and flower it in there because if you wait and then not do the move, that plant will need serious chopping and root trimming then another wait for recovery to be able to flower it. i'm with Doc, stick to your plan and get a bigger light and flowering space, because flowering in 1 foot will give you what 10-15 grams if you're good, with the same effort and a little more expense, you will get 5-10oz and get rewarded for the effort

well, if you're not getting a bigger space and light, then i say flowering is not that far ahead. in this tight space, the plant will easily overgrow it if you flower it late so you need to have one plan and stick to it. if you are not sure that you can get a light and bigger space for it, then i would say just go for it and flower it in there because if you wait and then not do the move, that plant will need serious chopping and root trimming then another wait for recovery to be able to flower it. i'm with Doc, stick to your plan and get a bigger light and flowering space, because flowering in 1 foot will give you what 10-15 grams if you're good, with the same effort and a little more expense, you will get 5-10oz and get rewarded for the effort
That puts things into perspective a little bit. I already have stuff sitting in my cart on amazon just waiting to be ordered as cash becomes available. In a tight spot at the moment on bills. So I'll just be continuing on with vegging in the box. I don't intend to start flowing until its in a tent.

Yeah, in that case, you'll be wanting to make another spot to veg in. It doesn't have to be too crazy... unless you need psycho stealth, which, if you're getting a tent I assume you don't really need.

You will just have to figure a way to get that light away from the tops when it starts getting too close. I can't go too much further with recommendations as I know nearly nothing about CFL's (as I've stated hah)... I know you don't NEED a box. You do not require much side wall reflection currently, just good footprint and amount light with proper water and feedings.

With that said....soon as you can man. You'll thank all of us up and down when you experience the power of the Tent Side :D

Stealth is actually very important. Landlord is an obvious straight flyer, and works one of the government offices. Which is constantly on my mind, and its going to be my luck I'll have a pipe burst or something and have to pull the plug and quickly dispose of everything.

But I desperately want to finish out and I want to have a tent and the whole 9 yards.

Yes, water the crap out of that medium and holy smokes! Did this happen while you slept? You need this freaking tent asap!

Yep it sure did, and I already watered. It was around 100 degrees in there and I shuffled the fans a bit and tried to create more air vents In the back, and then my wife wanted to go to sleep so I shut the box. Woke up and immediately checked and that was my results. I currently have it in the box without the lights on because my leaves are wet from watering. Couldn't really water it without getting the leaves this time. The fans are on it. Which it might be time to flip the light back on, I just want the leaves dry first

My watering schedule has been about 3 days and I'm fairly sure I watered early yesterday morning

I currently have it in the box without the lights on because my leaves are wet from watering. Couldn't really water it without getting the leaves this time. The fans are on it. Which it might be time to flip the light back on, I just want the leaves dry first

Perfect move! Shut em down 15 mins or more and let the leaves dry and then back on with em.

Also, yeah I think the issues are obvious so need need in me saying much else hah :) Keep the medium damp, but let it dry...does that make much sense? Pick up the pots physically and "feel" how heavy they are every time you look at them. Right after feeding, just before etc.. then, after a bit of time, you'll really have an idea by physically touching (stick in finger) and lifting the medium, if it needs anything. :aok:

Pics when the plant bounces back. Also, maybe the lights are too close? Feel with your hands, and when you can feel heat on your hand you're too close for a plant!

She perked back up. Some of those leaves are looking rusty though. Is that nute burn? I haven't fed since the last round with a little nute burn, so hopefully it wasn't a huge mistake using ocean forest

Oh yeah, more than likely nute burn.. not sure what your PH was when you put nutes in.. did you mention? I still think it's burn, but was looking to recover. Also, this stress is going to slow it down (GOOD FOR YOU HAHAHA) and make it show some hurt in the lower sections...but as long as she chugs along you should be good :)

Latest posts

Back