818 headband a.k.a Sour OG 2000w RDWC. First grow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awww Fang did you find a hydro buddy lol .

I got some FIRE Sour OG meds today from the club . First thing I said was I need this clone and was told a crazy price . So I am sad your beans turned into blue dream clones. :(
Positive vibes bro

Awww Fang did you find a hydro buddy lol .

I got some FIRE Sour OG meds today from the club . First thing I said was I need this clone and was told a crazy price . So I am sad your beans turned into blue dream clones. :(
Positive vibes bro

I'm upset as well, but that's how you learn. I feel I now have more information about what I did wrong and should do substantially better the next time around. I may even germinate all the seeds I need. Glad to have you around

Scratch that, everything looks fine. I'll update tomorrow

Last edited:
All the numbers are still staying withing range. Temp, PH, and PPM are all staying constant, except I left the lights running at 50%...oops. They have all bushed out and developed nice roots except for one; one main root coming down, not sure why that one is struggling. The roots also don't seem to be as white as before. If you can see in the picture with the roots the shorter roots look whiter than the longer ones, I assume because the shorter ones get more oxygen; is that correct?

I also think I am ready to top some, but wanted your opinion. The picture with my fingers looks like it's ready to be topped.

All other advice is welcome.

View attachment 20150507_155326.jpg

View attachment 20150507_155343.jpg

View attachment 20150507_155353.jpg

View attachment 20150507_155431.jpg

View attachment 20150507_155434.jpg

View attachment 20150507_155437.jpg

Looking nice........
:48:

I hope you can keep the temps down in the tent......... cool tube lights might help if it starts getting hot in there

I would like some advice:

The temperature in my room seems to be to high (high 80's low 90's) after turning my lights to 100%. I have another 6" fan, possibly 400 cfm or so, that I hooked up on the other side as you can see in some of the pictures, but this does not seem to be helping. I was thinking that I would connect some ducting to the exhaust and have it blow into the other room (it's currently blowing into the same room, making it quite hot). I don't know if this will solve the issue as it gets hotter in the summer though. I have a few other options and would like input on what is best.

1) I could buy air cooled hoods (or cool tube, don't know the difference)
2) I can buy an small AC unit
3) ?

What do you guys think?

Looking nice........
:48:

I hope you can keep the temps down in the tent......... cool tube lights might help if it starts getting hot in there

Just saw the latter half of your post after making my post. Is cool tube better than an air cooled hood and would either keep my temps low enough even when it gets a lot hotter in the coming months?

Just wanted to say green mojo for a great grow. It certainly looks high tech or somthing in there. Looks like you have a lot of thought and work in your room. Have FUN, and enjoy this wonderful journey.

So those seeds you planted in rapid rooters are obviously not the same as the 6 x plants in rockwool starter cubes as they appear to be cuts.
So nice set up only downside imeo is your reflectors which are the cheapest on the market, go get yourself some 1m parabolics as 1. they cut down on heat massively and 2. you can get them to within 1" from plant tops without any issues of scorching and lastly the light spread is superb being spot on 2 x 600's for an 8 x 4 tent like you and i have although my ballasts are on super lumen output thus 1320 watts total.
Peter

Blowing extracted air into the same room will make your paranoid big time once your plants are in flower as it will stink due to air mixing, this alongside massive high temps, i did the same late last year and eventually had to vent into attic and then the problem was solved.
Peter

Blowing extracted air into the same room will make your paranoid big time once your plants are in flower as it will stink due to air mixing, this alongside massive high temps, i did the same late last year and eventually had to vent into attic and then the problem was solved.
Peter

Not if you use a proper charcoal filter . I have 0 smell from my 8" exhaust fan

I wouldn't go parabolic that's not gonna help your heat issue. Buy 2 XXL magnum reflectors . The 6" ones are $200 CDN. Then use that inline fan to pull air threw your hoods. I run a 8x4 tent with 2000watts . My Tent stays in the mid 70's hits 80 on the hottest days. I could get my tent cooler if I used an inline fan to push fresh air into it instead of a passive intake.

He is calling your light reflectors cheap then telling you to buy parabolic SMH they are both open bulb reflectors .

I've been busy tweaking a few things in my setup and haven't had time to update. I took the pictures, but that's as far as I got. I was having some pretty serious heat issues; they would get up into the low 90s. I corrected that by attaching ducting to my exhaust and directing it out the window. On the other side I installed a window fan to bring cool air into the room (not the grow room) and opened the mesh screen on that side. I also have my lights turn off between 2-8pm. I will probably still need an A/C come flower time during the hotter part of the summer, but for now temps seem to be within range.

Another problem I had, which was rather frustrating, is my handyman knocked over my ballast and broke it, so I had to order a new one. For a few 4-5 days my plants were running off of one 1000w light, which I'm gudoenessing is why some plants are further along then others. I actually bought a whole new lighting setup because it was $40 more and I may need to replace something else down the line.

My PPM stayed around 420 so I didn't change it, until one day I found it at and decided it was time to do a res change and increase the nutrients, I was less prepared for this as well. I got it 850 PPM and a pH f 5.9. I actually added too much pH down and it was reading at 5.2, so I added some tap water to bring it back up since I read mixing pH up and down was a bad idea. I was aiming for a ppm around 700, but I ran out of time because my lights went out and my green light is still on the way. I'll check on it tomorrow to see how the plants are responding.

As you can see, some of them are starting to grow through the screens already, and they were topped at multiple sites not too many days ago. If there is anything you guys think I should be doing differently please let me know.

View attachment 20150517_133350.jpg

View attachment 20150517_133356.jpg

View attachment 20150517_133401.jpg

Latest posts

Back