Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month: bombbudpuffa's Peyote Purple x Deep Chunk
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Forums > Marijuana Cuisine - Marijuana Recipes - Marijuana Cooking
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2018, 10:12 PM   #1
grodude

grodude grodude grodude
Default Making CBD pills

I am going to make CBD pills and I had a question about decarboxylating. I have done it in the passed by eyeing it, but was curious if there was a better way to got optimal results. Everything I read online tells me to decarb at high temperatures for a long period of time, but I only do about a quarter ounce at a time and it would definitely burn. Is there anywhere I can read about ratios or how long to decarb at what temperature for small amounts of weed?
grodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 12:01 AM   #2
Hackerman
Socially Retarded

Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman

Small amounts or large would be the same time and temp..... 240F for 40 minutes has always been my standard goto.

If you're thinking about decarbing before making the extract, you might think about doing it the other way around,

I always extract first, then decab the extract.

What were you planning to put in the caps, just the decarb'd weed?
Hackerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:24 AM   #3
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

250 degrees at 30 minutes is what we do. You don't want to do it at high heat.

Current grow: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=75112

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:32 AM   #4
grodude

grodude grodude grodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackerman View Post
Small amounts or large would be the same time and temp..... 240F for 40 minutes has always been my standard goto.

If you're thinking about decarbing before making the extract, you might think about doing it the other way around,

I always extract first, then decab the extract.

What were you planning to put in the caps, just the decarb'd weed?
Can I just put the decarb'd weed in the caps? That sounds to be the easiest if possible. I used to use coconut and stir on low heat and then put the oil in capsules. Are you saying what you do is leave the weed in the oil first and then heat the oil?
Old 01-21-2018, 04:25 AM   #5
Hackerman
Socially Retarded

Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman

Using the decarb'd weed should work fine. I think that's how Keef does it. However, the THC will get into your system a lot better if it is mixed with a fat. Oil or butter.

I can't do it that way because my tolerance is so high, the capsule would have to be the size of a basketball. LMAO So, I use extract.

And, as always, take cannabis with food. It's very hard for canna to enter your system without a carrier. Fats are best for food that goes to your stomach and sugars for hard candies that melt in your mouth (saliva).
Old 01-21-2018, 05:37 PM   #6
umbra

umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra

even Keef use coconut oil with his caps
Old 01-21-2018, 05:42 PM   #7
grodude

grodude grodude grodude

So it sound like the process should be:

1) Decarb at 240 degrees for 40 minutes

2) Extract with coconut oil

3) Strain and put coconut oil in capsules.

I try to use as little oil as I can because it seems to require at least 3-5 large capsules to help with inflammation. When it's for myself I usually just use a dropper and put the oil in the back of my throat, but for some others it tastes too bad, which is why I use capsules.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:59 PM   #8
Hackerman
Socially Retarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbra View Post
even Keef use coconut oil with his caps
Sorry, I stand corrected.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:01 PM   #9
Hackerman
Socially Retarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodude View Post
So it sound like the process should be:

1) Decarb at 240 degrees for 40 minutes

2) Extract with coconut oil

3) Strain and put coconut oil in capsules.

I try to use as little oil as I can because it seems to require at least 3-5 large capsules to help with inflammation. When it's for myself I usually just use a dropper and put the oil in the back of my throat, but for some others it tastes too bad, which is why I use capsules.
I like to extract first and then decarb the extract. However, I'm sure both are A-OK. I think it's a personal choice.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:04 PM   #10
umbra

umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra

Keef decarbs, then stuffs caps with leaf or bud. Then takes a spoonful of coconut oil separate from the caps. Less mess, it all goes the same place.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:59 PM   #11
grodude

grodude grodude grodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbra View Post
Keef decarbs, then stuffs caps with leaf or bud. Then takes a spoonful of coconut oil separate from the caps. Less mess, it all goes the same place.
That's really smart.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:23 PM   #12
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

Can you actually get enough leaf or bud into a capsule to do any good? How many capsules would it take someone with a high tolerance to do any good? How much coconut oil do you need (can't see myself eating a spoonful of coconut oil--icky icky)? Also with this method you have to forgo the lecithin, which I understand really helps the body absorb the cannabinoids?
The Hemp Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:42 PM   #13
2RedEyes

2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hemp Goddess View Post
Can you actually get enough leaf or bud into a capsule to do any good? How many capsules would it take someone with a high tolerance to do any good? How much coconut oil do you need (can't see myself eating a spoonful of coconut oil--icky icky)? Also with this method you have to forgo the lecithin, which I understand really helps the body absorb the cannabinoids?
I quite agree on the spoonful of coconut oil, ick...I donít eat a lot of dry herb but I do use my post vaped weed on a peanut butter cracker at times. Iím such a lightweight that it'll get me a nice light buzz... I donít taste the weed at all. Iíll do this when Iím going someplace where it is difficult to smoke. I know that Iíll have about an hour before the buzz kicks in.
I got these thoughts in my own head
Todd Snider - Play a train song!
2RedEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:22 PM   #14
Hackerman
Socially Retarded

Dry herb would never work for me with my tolerance. I took 750mg of rosin last week and barely got a buzz. That's equal in THC to about 7 or 8 grams of pot. How many caps would it take to fill a quarter ounce of pot. LOL

I do rosin 50/50 with coconut oil and a little lecithin. I get about 250mg of rosin in each cap with about 250mg of oil. Works out ok as long as I take 3 or 4. I am going to start making them twice as strong so I only have to take 1 or 2.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:29 PM   #15
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

What size caps do you all use?
Old 02-26-2018, 12:21 AM   #16
Hackerman
Socially Retarded

I bought the 00 this time but they are a little big for me to swallow (I hate swallowing pills). Next time I'll go one size down (I think that's 000) and make them stronger.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:30 PM   #17
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

I believe that the 000 are larger. Like wire gauge, I think the number gets larger as the item gets smaller. I have some 00 caps that I haven't used for anything. The caps will be for the CBDs that I have growing right now, so I have time to get whatever I might need.

I have some kief, but it is sativa kief and probably not good for nighttime. Maybe I will have to get my rosin press finished--I have all the parts, just need to take the plates somewhere to be drilled.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:12 PM   #18
Hackerman
Socially Retarded

Yep, your right. So, I'll probably go with the 0 next time.
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2018, 09:49 PM   #19
cannamind

cannamind

I hope the following chart helps you.

Decarboxylation Temperatures and Times: What you need to know?

Temperature Heating Mode Plant Material Time Kief / Hash Time
310F Oven 10 – 18 minutes 5 – 10 minutes
250F Hot oil bath n/a n/a
240F Oven 50 – 60 minutes 30 – 40 minutes
212F Boiling water bath 90 minutes 90 minutes
cannamind is offline   Reply With Quote