getting hot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgbaker

Reaction score
my grow room is 6x6x8. my first grow i had 4 plants with 1 1000 watt light. I had a 200 cfm exhaust fan (4") and a passive intake hole of 6". I had little to no issues with heat, I actually had to use a heater for the off times during the bud stage.
now this grow I have 2 1000 watt lights and the same exhaust fan but I added a 240 cfm fresh air intake fan (6")
I am having a hard time keeping my temps down.
should I increase my exhaust fan to 6" 400 cfm fan and use the 4" fan for fresh air intake?
my outside fresh air temps range from 35-60 degrees.

Yup, that should help a lot.

Just a few basic cooling thoughts.

Push OUT from a HIGH spot of the room (heat rises naturally, don't fight it, work with it)
Draw IN from a LOW spot (nice COOL air temps)

A fan controller (or 2) can add a TON of flexibility to any setup.

ALL airflow moving out of your grow is going to smell during flower (without filter/ozone/etc)
the more airflow the more smell.
BE careful !
Unless your LEGAL... and in that case, be courteous to your neighbors who might not enjoy the aroma ;)

:48:

Yes, you need more CFMs when you add more light. I am rather surprised that the 4" fan worked at all for you. It is all I can do to keep my temps in line with a 1000W in 25 sq ft with a 6" 450 cfm fan.

I am attempting to run 2-1000 watt lights in a 6x6x8 space with 4 plants.
I have had nothing but problems so far....heat, electrical issues, etc.
Am I attempting something that cant be done? Is this too much light for my space. I have dimmable ballast and have been running them at 50%

It's doable.
I run two 600's in a 4x4 tent.

As you are finding out, there is a lot involved in this growing hobby. It is doable. You may have to add an AC if things are getting too hot.

Do one or two grows and learn with two 600's?

Trust, there are plenty more issues you WILL run into along these first few grows (first 2-3 years)
Take an "EASY button" on this and push 600's

then maybe step one to a 1k?
Sky's the limit but don't (expect) to jump to the moon on your first few trys!

PS
summer coming, don't know if that means you kick on the AC or a fan
but if your dealing with mid/low 70F room temps now and expect 80+ (ROOM temps)
in the summer...

:48:

pretty much have the heat issues solved...big issue now is that the breaker for my shed is only 20 amps....two 1000 watt lights = 16.5 amps
breaker doesnt trip, i just have no power at shed. cant afford an electrician ...tested every plug...all good, still intermittent power...very frustrating

Do not risk an electrical fire. If your set up will not handle 2000w of light, you have 2 options--run less light or upgrade your electrical. As we always try to tell people, this is an expensive hobby that takes a lot of knowledge.

At least you will know why your house burns down.

Don't play with an over AMP panel bro

i think all is good now...thanks for all the input...i really enjoy this forum....tons of great info...

Latest posts

Back