First grow soon, just a few questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveTheBud

Reaction score
Hey there everyone, I'll just jump to all the good stuff so I can get my grow up and ready ASAP. Ok, so I have a 1000w HPS that i'm guessing will be fine for 8 plants (started from seed), correct me if I am wrong, because I would do more if I could. I've been told a good basic soil to use is Miracle Grow with some Perlite mixed in, so i'll use that. How big of a pot should I use for each plant, will a final transplant to a 3 gal container be alright? As for nutrients, what should I use in my water? I've heard of packets that you just rip off and mix with a certain amount of water with everything is measured out good, I forget the name of it though, something with an "S". Now here is where I'll need the experience of all you stoners haha. I want to grow weed that has a nice, energetic, up, euphoric type high, of course with a good yield, please help me find a good strain similar to that. Speaking of yields, it seems there is such a wide variety of what people are getting. I may be wrong, but 3 oz. a plant doesn't seem unreasonable to me...but I could be wrong? With my set up is this achiveable? I've been doing a lot of reading lately so anything I haven't mentioned I have covered. Thanks for all of your help!!

I think you should be able to do 8 plants under a 1000 watt HPS. Most 1000 watt HPS bulbs put out 150,000 lumens, and 5,000 lumens per square foot is ideal for flowering. So really it's a matter of space, area, square footages. If you setup a 8'x4' growroom, which is 32 square feet, you'd have 4687 Lumens per sq. foot, which would be pretty good. As far as yields, I'd say for a firt grow a 3 oz. plant is a bit optimistic. The best of luck to you, but I'd say 1 oz. may be a more realistic goal. You said you wanted an "up, euphoric high" that screams sativa, as they are more uplifting. Sativas are tricky to grow indoors, take longer to flower, and really stretch. What is second best indoors is a sativa/indica hybrid that has more sativa qualities, but the indica keeps it a bit smaller statured. I've heard good things about Cinderella99 as it has a up sativa high, is easy to grow and seldom turns hermie. I wanted to grow it myself but I could find seeds for it reasonably priced anywhere. I think AK-47 is about 75% Sativa, and I've heard very good things about it's high. Try Dr. Chronic to get seeds, look at the description and see if the high is described, or just pick one with a sativa leaning phenotype. Look for Nirvana seeds on the Dr. Chronic site, they're reasonably priced. Any more questions shoot away.

Well another question I have then is how are other growers achieving 3 oz.+ from one plant. If I do everything right, why wouldn't the plants produce that? I saw a member not long ago who grew 500+ grams from one plant, how is that achievable?

So this 500 gram plus grower, was it their first time? I think not. A 3 oz. plant is possible, however improbable on your first grow.

Latest posts

Back