please help with problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, it shouldn't need any nutes yet, which fox farm are you in? Looks like a little light burn to me. What kind of lights are you under? If you're in happy frog or ocean forest, no need to worry about ph. The new growth looks healthy to me.. I would use tap water that has sat out overnight to water with.

get some dolomite lime to balance soil ph.

It's fox farm ocean forrest. Using cfls about 2 inches away. Where do I get dolemite Lime locally? Home depot? Just add to top of soil and water? How much?

I don't need a lot....2 pot grow.

it's normally found in any gardening store. I dont recall its directions as im hydro

Yeah I used to be too. Hydro to coco to soil. Never had much luck in soil. I thought if I used ffof I would squeeze by.

You shouldn't need to use anything. I would wait a couple and days. when did you transplant?

Transplanted about a week ago. They grew fast. Topped them last night due to height restrictions. Shoukd I just watch what they do? I just flushed with higher ph tap water to try and raise the ph from 4.? To 6ish. Not much luck.

Yes, give it a couple of days and i bet she turns around. Let us know.

Ok. I still think I'm going to grab some cal mag monday...won't hurt to have it.

Do not mess around with the pH of the water like that. Neither 6 or 8 is a good pH. If the soil is too acidic, you are not going to change it by the pH of the water you run through it.

The guy at the hydro store told me if the seedlings make they will be some tough plants....I won't start seeds in it anymore. Seems hot for them. They look ok today....one is better looking than the other. I'm waiting for the soil to dry out before I water again. How do I change the ph of my soil? Just run 6.5 through it?

If you are in FFOF you don't need to worry about ph. It is an organic soil. In organics we don't care about PH. let her be a moment and she will be ok. Don't add anything. This is your mother talking. lol

Loolagigi, if you want to check your soil strength you could try this if you have an ec meter or a tds meter. It will give you an idea which way to go. I do something similar to this.

Martin Capewell
Agriculture Solutions LLC
To get a soil extract we recommend a similar method as we do for testing pH so that both EC and pH measurements can be taken at the same time.

•Gather a fresh soil sample in a plastic zip-loc bag. Try to get a profile from the top 6” of soil that the plants will grow in and take care not to contaminate the sample by touching with anything.
•Open the bag and let it air-dry for a few hours until it is mostly dried.
•Mix the soil in the bag to ensure a homogenous sample and then use a sieve with approximate 2mm spacing to remove any large soil clumps.
•Measure out ½ of a cup of the dried soil and put into a glass beaker.
•Measure out ½ of a cup of distilled water and put this into the glass beaker with the soil.
•Stir the mixture gently for 30 seconds. Do not mix to harshly as you may destroy the humus structure and the soil may give up elements that it otherwise would not do in nature.
•Let the soil-water suspension stand for 30 minutes.
•Stir water gently again before taking the EC measurement.
•Insert the EC meter into the beaker and swirl it gently around in the soil-water extract.
•After approximately 30-60 seconds or after the EC reading has stabilized, read the digital display on your meter.

I used FFOF exclusively over many years, found it was easy, no nutes needed in veg, maybe last week if your gonna veg more then 3-4 weeks. Love the soil, but yes it is hot.

No need to check ph when using ffof? I never heard of that before. It's organic so what does the do for the ph swings?

Latest posts

Back