A plant with a problem!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redpassion

Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem with 1 indica plant "Hollands Hope"! I am attempting to attache some photographs, The problem is the rusting at the edges of leaves and the retarded production of pre-flowers, and as can be seen, the pistils that should be white are rusted as those on mature buds; the pre-flowers are also quite retarted. These plants were germinated in may!!! I said a single plant but in fact there are 7, all have leaves that yellow and drop off. The pre-flowers on all 7 are extremely retarded! The soil used is supplied by BIO-BIZZ and intitially I fed the plants with BIO-BIZZ BIO-GROW fertilizer.I then changed to HESI TNT COMPLEX as I believed the cause was a lack of potassium, iron, phosphorus or even sulphur. However there was no improvement! I water with a ph of 6,2 - 6,5
The only explanation I can think of is the fact that I purchased the seeds from a Seed dealer in Amsterdam who seems to be totally unknown; perhaps the seeds had flaws. Appreciate any help you can give. Hope the photos appear.

View attachment DSC_6586 copy.jpg

View attachment DSC_6587 copy.jpg

View attachment DSC_6589 copy.jpg

View attachment DSC_6593 copy.jpg

View attachment DSC_6590 copy.jpg

Looks like a spill of nutrient or ph up or down on the leaf to me

Hi Grower 13, Thanks for your reply. Spillage is not the problem as I do absolutely nothing to the leaves; 6,2 Hesi fertilizer is added only to the pots. Incidently, I use 25 mls concentrated supermarket lemon juice per 5 litres of water and Hesi fertilizer. Obviously I control the ph with a ph digital meter.

I saw this on an Idica I just harvested. I ignored it. She cured. It was still fantastic. I also pulled some off. I'd worry if it got to be out of control. That's controlled.

Are these outdoors?
If they are the should be just starting to bud.

Looks like spilled nutes to me too. The preflowers look like they got too hot or were pollinated...

They look about as far along as mine..just beginning to flower like the Duck said.

yes especially in the 2nd pic it looks almost as if drops came down, I also notices your leaves are wet.

That type of damage is atypical. Deficiencies and pH issues always follow a pattern of some sort because both are systemic within the plant. To have a single area of damage to the plant that doesn't follow some pattern points to an external action that caused the damage. plants being outside are subject to all that nature can possibly throw at it. That could have even been the result of bird droppings that sat on the leaves just long enough before getting rinsed off, to do the damage done.

Not sure on the preflowers issue, but look for patterns of changes in the plants to find the root cause of problems.

Latest posts

Back