Dyna grow/bloom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Poet

Reaction score
Fellow Growers,

I asked the owner of the local grow shop about fertilizers.
I told him about Espoma Garden tone and the problems I had with it being granulated and being difficult to judge amounts because it takes so long to dissolve, then how Canna is too expensive.
He recommended Dyna grow/bloom.

I bought two bottles of 'Dyna grow/bloom' and noticed it was much stronger {2x} than Canna.
1/3rd cheaper and using 1/4 and 1/2 tea spoons rather than tablespoons one bottle each of grow/bloom will grow 6 crops rather than one!
Rather than one bottle of grow and another of bloom each costing $30. per crop, $60. + gas to go get it =$70. per crop!... as in using Canna...

One bottle each of Dyna grow/bloom will last a year and a half!~
$21. each x 2 = $45. tax and all, + gas = $55.
So with Dyna$ '55. gets you 6 crops' where as using Canna...
'$70. gets you 1 crop'.
My pants took to the Dyna real good and are very happy.

Thank you...

The Poet...♪

I tried Dyna Gro products years ago (because they were cheap), however, I never had them work out very well for me. And they are not organic. So, if you want to be organic, you cannot do that with the Dyna Gro products. A lot of people use Espona Tone products just fine. If I were you, I would be trying to figure out why you had problems with the Garden Tone rather than switching to a cheap fertilizer just because it is cheap. My work, even if the plant only produces a couple of ounces, nutrient cost is just a fraction of that, regardless of what you use.

The Hemp Goddess,

Hi... I thought 'Dyna' products were organic and that I had solved my nutrient problem.
Well. I am cutting dead trees and dragging them up to the burn pile today. After dark I'll read up on the 'Dyna' and see what I missed.

So Espoma is good?
Dyna being non-organic may be messing up my little plants right now mixed with the Espoma. I sure have to figure this out. I can always go back to Canna but was just trying to save money.

Now I remember from 'gardening for 50 years' that soil with blood/fish/cotton seed and bone meals, humus and rotten leaves, were well... good organic fertilizers.
Whatever happened to using commercial soil with dry nutrients and manure...
as I do raise chickens?
I started using store bought nutrients when I moved inside.
Organic, home made soil mixes sounded like soil that would get way off on the ph and need to have the ph monitored.
Do you Goddess, have a ph kit and regularly check your ph? is it very hard to do?

Home made soil would be cheaper than buying even organic nutes in a bottle. Does anybody use the old time stuff? I have read the organic part of the forum here but I think I need to read it again... if I checked the ph it would be possible.

But goddess, how do you measure your Garden tone? Say for 3 gallon pots, the instructions say 1 tbsp per month. I found that way too much.

Thank you Goddess...♪

The Poet...

rose is straight organic. pc duck is too it think??? several peeps here are real "organic"

My little ones are doing fine now after adding the Dyna grow.
They were yellow and spindly but in just a few days they have greened up. There was no conflict between the little bit of Espoma I had in there and they are very happy with the Dynagrow.
They are all dark green now!

The Espoma worked fine with clone mothers but was bad for clones. Espoma ruined all my soil which had to be dumped on the old garden!
It was an ecological disaster. {big set back}

Now I will use anything my plants like as it is they who are doing all the work. They liked Canna and if I can't find a cheaper alternative I'll go back to Canna.

I can always use chicken manure but it wasn't that good.
If, as I hope... the Dyna works, and it seems to be working fine, then my nutrient search will be over. If not then I'll try something else.
Canna is too expensive.

Still searching...

The Poet...

I used the Espoma Bio Tone and garden tone along with their garden lime on a couple of outdoor plants two seasons ago. I added the three to Happy Frog. During flower I used Mother Earth bloom tea with molasses.. It was an unknown strain but I had some really dense bud that was pretty good. The bloom tea is around $45 for 4L. I used between 15-25 ml/gal so it was fairly cost effective. You could also brew your own tea and save more $.
I switched to synthetic nutrients indoors, but will probably grow a plant or two outside with the Espoma nutrients and the ME bloom tea this coming season.

How exactly did the Espoma ruin all your soil?

I only run organic in the summers and am not the best person to ask about organics. Like yarddog mentioned, Rosebud and duck run organic all the time and are so much more knowledgeable than I am. I know that duck used the "True Living Organics" method developed by The Rev. This is a great book and if you are interested in organics, I encourage you to buy it. Rosebud used organics far before she ever started growing cannabis, so has decades of experience. On her recommendations, I purchased the books "Teeming with Microbes" and Teeming with Nutrients" to give me a better understanding of organics. These 2 along with ":True Living Organics" has a huge amount of info and are invaluable for organic growers.

Going to non-organic nutrients will most likely destroy any microbes that you have working in the soil, but other than that it should not be a concern going from organic to non-organic....but you will need to start watching and checking your pH if you are not organic.

You are going to need to decide if you want to grow organic or not. If not, pH will become important and will have to be checked. Contrary to what you have stated above, organic soils do not need their pH monitored as the soil feeds the plants (unless it is way out of whack). You cannot however, just throw organic things into a soil mixture willy-nilly. You do need to know what the substances you put into your organic soil mixes have in the way of N-P-K and micro nutrients and how fast everything breaks down so that you can give the plants a well balanced diet.

Hemp Goddess,

Quote:

"First I ruined all my soil, because I didn't realize the granules take a long time to break down, I over fertilized.
The instructions say once every month is enough to fertilize a house plant but I was sprinkling a bit on top every 2-3 weeks
not realizing the granules are really hard and don't go away hence fertilizer build up and the roots just stopped growing.
'Species/specific' fertilizer is good advice but for the expense.

Goddess, I am not even sure what 'Organic' is.
I know manure and compost, blood,bone meal ect. ie. what one would throw on the garden is said to be organic.
I had bad luck with 'organic's' indoors, growing in garden dirt and chicken manure.
I've tried Miracle grow, Maxi grow... I went from 4-5-6 bottles of Canna, to organic bio-veg-flores because it was simpler, ie. two bottles.
I don't like Espoma anymore because It can make your soil toxic if over used and I can't figure out how much to use as it is a granule.
Too easy to give too much or to little

Since using Dyna grow 3-4 days ago my little ones are dark green and putting shoots from every node,
dark green shoots and very lush growth too! Dyna grow is what my plants wanted. They are beautiful and growing fast!
They are looking like they are supposed to look!
And growing like weeds!

Thank you...

The Poet...

I use either fox farm soil or my home made soil. I add worm castings for N. After flip I use Indonesian bat guano.. I use EM1 and beneficals.. that is it..teas sometimes, (not nearly as much as i should) I don't use bottle anything anymore. It took me 7 years to get to this place. I have my home made compost too to amend with.

Rosebud,

I envy your having a familiar routine for feeding your plants.
I too am just searching by trial and error for the same.

I'll study organics as well because I do raise chickens.
However I remember chicken manure is not that good or that high in nitrogen.
Then again I have never used bat guano or worm castings!~

I love this forum because it makes me think and 'grow'.

Thank you...

The Poet...

i know almost nothing bout organics. and nothing compared to thg, rose and most others here. i do know that not having my ph inline has cost me before. outdoors not so much. but indoors, i would never water/ feed without being sure my ph is inline. its also so EASY to do with liquids. i usually over water and check ph on runoff and intake. happy to hear ur girls are healthy now. GREAT help here!!

Grasshopperdude...

Alright, that does it... I am going to get a set of ph strips!
I have read about them all my life and it about time I studied soil ph.
It is something I need to know and... {it can't hurt.}

Thank you for mentioning that

The Poet...

Grasshopperdude...

Alright, that does it... I am going to get a set of ph strips!
I have read about them all my life and it about time I studied soil ph.
It is something I need to know and... {it can't hurt.}

Thank you for mentioning that

The Poet...

i really like the "hanna" red colored ph meters. bout $35. bucks. so worth it. yea my ph was off by so much my plants suffered badly. peeps here and at grow store said i prob had nute lockout. i bought the meter and have carefully monitored ph. in and out. my grows have been REALLY nice since.

Poet: don't get the pH strips. They are far less accurate in most cases than a pH pen. If you buy a pH pen, be sure to get the calibration fluids and the storage fluid. The pH pen uses a special glass bulb with a chemical fluid inside that reacts to the chemistry in the solutions. This reaction is how it measures the pH. It is very important to keep this "bulb" wet with the right kind of solution in order for the chemicals inside to stay right.

Its not as complicated as it sounds. I keep a little measuring cup full of the storage solution mixed with clean water, and I keep my meter sitting in that cup of solution. That will keep the meter from getting out of calibration for a significant period of time. However, They do have to be periodically recalibrated as that is the nature of the technology.

Being able to keep an eye on the pH of any solutions before they go into the soil/medium is a big help in keeping the plants happy, as you never know when your water may change from being 6.5 one day to being 7.5 (or 5.5)a week or month later for whatever reason. Good luck and green mojo :)

Hushpuppy,

Calibrate? that sounds intimidating right off.
What is involved in the calibration of a ph pen?

Thank you...

The Poet...?

Rosebud,

I envy your having a familiar routine for feeding your plants.
I too am just searching by trial and error for the same.

I'll study organics as well because I do raise chickens.
However I remember chicken manure is not that good or that high in nitrogen.
Then again I have never used bat guano or worm castings!~

I love this forum because it makes me think and 'grow'.

Thank you...

The Poet...

If you are interested in organics, these 3 books are great.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Teaming-Microbes-Organic-Gardeners-Revised-ebook/dp/B008K8HACU/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1455558045&sr=1-1&keywords=teeming+with[/ame]
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Teaming-Nutrients-Gardeners-Optimizing-Nutrition-ebook/dp/B00DESUI3Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1455558084&sr=1-1&keywords=teeming+with+nutrients[/ame]
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/True-Living-Organics-All-Natural-Marijuana-ebook/dp/B00A6DBAR8/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1455558115&sr=1-1&keywords=true+living+organics[/ame]

please dont worry about calibration right now. thats way down the line. just get ur ph in at between 6 - 6.5. i shoot for 6.25. can make all the difference to ur grow. and it is soo easy. pup is correct, forget the strips. $35.+/- for meter. another $15.+/- for adj. fluids. easy,easy and IMPORTANT!!

If you are growing organic, you do not need to pH your water. If you use Dyna-Grow, you will need to. I'm with hush and grasshopper on getting a meter....or go back organic. Calibration is not hard--don't let it intimidate you.

Fellow Growers,

I really appreciate the help.
I'll continue on with my dyna-grow as {I am about out!}
But Organic growing being natural and so interesting, I'll continue to study it till I understand how to mix and maintain custom soils.

Thank y'all...

The Poet...♪

Building Soils Naturally by Phil Nauto is a good read.:aok:

Latest posts

Back