Why are my babies falling over?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubblehue

Reaction score
As the title of the thread implies. My babies are about 3 weeks old now, and a few of them are falling over. They are about 4" tall. I have had a mellow breeze on them to aid in stalk strengthening, but I guess that is not working.
I'm growing in that miracle grow starter **** with that time release nutes.
See pics. These are two of 6 babies, the other 4 are standing tall and proud.

DSCF0046_edited again.jpg

Yes you need more light.
What lights are you using and how big is your vegg area?

This happened to me to, i just put soil up to bring them to about 2 inches. and bring the light down so its only about two inches above. if its CFL.
but anything else make sure its not to close to burn. and theres enough lumens to prevent stretching.

and you actually might wanna transplant those.
then you can just put them in deeper soil.

make sure to water planty and sit and wait for about 3 days for them to recover from the shock.

good luck and keep us posted

Thanks.
I'm using a few big CFL's. Going to add more. Thanks for the advice.

Three weeks? yeah, light deprivation is def the culprit here, get a 150w mh, that will spruce them up a bit!

50 watts of either MH or HPS lighting per sq.ft.
3000 lumens minimum of CFL's per sq.ft.

yeah dude get something HPS either a 150 or 250w HPS and keep the cfls as close as possible. if the fan your using is pushing them over aim the fan at a wall the wind will bounce off the wall and still help the plants it will not be so intense. Transplant them up to the top cover most of the stem leave an inch or so.

Get the light as mentioned and definitely transplant ASAP so you can bury the plant with soil almost up to the leaves. This will save your plant from dying, if you leave it hang, it will get broken off, or die of natural causes soon.

do you have an asculating fan blowing on them to strength stem?..good luck

Whoa...ur lights need to be more and much closer. Three weeks and nothing but stretch, they are trying to get to the light.

Latest posts

Back