Stressed Plants In Tropical Climate - Novice Needs Expert Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paliminka

Reaction score
Hello,

I have two plants who look stressed (see picture attached) and grow very slowly. Strain is Skunk #1 Automatic (Sensi Seeds).

I grow them in potting soil outdoor, added plenty of perlite and on the bottom of the pot put some hydro balls for good draining. The soil package says it has nutrients for appoximately one month.

The pots are outside. Climate is tropical (West-Africa): temperatures of more than 30°C (86° F) (during the night about 25), very high humidity. For the moment there is no rain but I water them whenever the soil feels dry. There is salty sea breeze all the time (living in front of the ocean).

For the moment I don't add any nutrients because I think that the soil that I bought also contains some. Btw, the only nutrients I can find over here is liquid nutrients for flowering plants (4-6-6).

They are 5 weeks after coming out of the soil and measure about 22cm (10 inches). I have the impression that growth slowed down some 2 weeks ago after repotting them. Yellow tips started even before repotting.

They are getting about 4 hours direct sunlight and another 8 indirect. During the night there is quiet strong artificial light from the neighbouring properties.

I also thought that they were flowering way too early but on the SensiSeed website it says that it is normal with this kind of automatic strain.

Why are my plants so stressed? A couple of weeks ago some tips started to turn yellow but it is now much worse and I fear for their lives
sad.png
. Can you give me your thoughts? Is it the heat or the constant sea breeze...

Thanks

View attachment IMAG0052.jpg

Well, first of all, welcome to MP. Second of all, i want to be your plant at the ocean...sounds lovely..
Ok, so looks like the soil you put her in is too hot. Since she is an auto she will bloom whatever you do. With photo sensitive plants the artificial strong lights would make a difference, but with auto's they just bloom when they want so I don't think the light is a factor here.
I think at this point there isn't a lot you can do. There will be other growers along to help.. Sorry, i am not much help. But we are glad you are here.

That looks like Nutrient burn... Or water on the leaves n the sun fries them... Are you using anything in them?

Not the heat, not the sea breeze. I am quite certain that you have severe nutrient burn. Soils that come with nutrients already in it are not good to use for cannabis. I know that it can be a challenge to grow in places where good supplies are not available. But, people must grow flowers and vegetables where you live, do you not have other options for soil or food? If not, I am going to recommend that you read up on organics and see if you can make some of your own soil and plant food. Organic soils and teas can be made from many things--a lot can be made from garbage and/or poo. Can you give us any more specific information about the soil you planted your plant in? This is kind of important as until we know what it was nuted with, it is hard to tell you how to proceed.

You really are not giving the plant enough light either. Auto flowering strains do best with 20 hours of good light per day. I hate to tell you, but I do not believe that 4 hours of good light and 8 hours of indirect light is going to be enough light to grow an auto. The artificial light from the neighbors is only good if it is close and the right kind of light. It is doubtful that it is having any beneficial effect at all. The stress it has been through and the lack of light is going to really adversely affect both the yield and potency. Unfortunately, autos only live for a given number of weeks and then they start to die. With photoperiod plants, you have the option of nursing them back to health as you determine when to flower. What made you decide on an auto flowering strain?

Nute burn.. not enough light. . Shitty soil. .. research first.. but you Live and learn

Latest posts

Back