The Dr's Office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOTS of space around them!
looks G R E A T !
:48:

edit
1 thing, watch for water on the leafs it can "lens burn" (think ant + sun + magnifying glass) any spraying or misting should be done with lights OFF and needs to be DRY before they come back on.

LOTS of space around them!
looks G R E A T !
:48:

edit
1 thing, watch for water on the leafs it can "lens burn" (think ant + sun + magnifying glass) any spraying or misting should be done with lights OFF and needs to be DRY before they come back on.

Thanks Joe :aok:

And yeah, I practiced this anyways, no matter what light source I use. I turn lights off, and give 15 mins or so, with high fans on... then make sure it's dry enough after any spraying. Thanks for the heads up though, it would've been great to know!

As long as you have the food good, I bet those plants green right up in 72 hrs. LED lighting is that much better.

Keep the lights at at least 2 feet in flower and 3 feet in veg and you'll be golden.

Congrats on moving in to the future of growing.

As long as you have the food good, I bet those plants green right up in 72 hrs. LED lighting is that much better.

Keep the lights at at least 2 feet in flower and 3 feet in veg and you'll be golden.

Congrats on moving in to the future of growing.

Bah, I've slightly given up on that soilless tent. You see, I battled exceedingly low root zone temps (52°) for weeks, without really realizing what was going on. Not only was Nitrogen getting locked out, but other things surely weren't happening right. I just hope they finish up decent with the green left on the sugar leaf's lol :D

Lights are 24-26" away currently.. but one tent is going to have to see that threshold get closer. I read you can get em as close at 18" down to 12", but I know nothing of this. All I know is that I have over a week of "the stretch" in my hydro tent and the stuff is already rather large in there, and 24" away with no room to go up more with the lights. If I have to, I can remove the pulley system and earn another 5", after the stretch.

Thanks a lot for helping along this and not getting entirely frustrated with me. Now, you just have another noob bothering you here and there for general LED questions along the way (ME :D) hah

Heading up now to check the room and see how she did on her first 12 hour cycle.

Try to keep my LED`s 20 to 24 inches away. Have had plants get within 6 inches, but I move them so the tallest part is off to the side slightly. Seems to work OK.

Yeah, starting at 24" and letting the stretching tent just get closer for another week. Will start pulling away at 18" :D

Pretty sure I'm about to buy these Method 7 glasses, for LED lighting. I've read people get turned off due to the knockoff brands not working correctly.. but I do believe these will do the trick. Just hard spending $80 on this. It should be justifiable though.

Everything looked great up there this morning. Temps hit 78° and are now at 64° with lights off. Plants look great, but that was only the first cycle. Will know in a few days how things are really going :D

Yeah, starting at 24" and letting the stretching tent just get closer for another week. Will start pulling away at 18" :D

Pretty sure I'm about to buy these Method 7 glasses, for LED lighting. I've read people get turned off due to the knockoff brands not working correctly.. but I do believe these will do the trick. Just hard spending $80 on this. It should be justifiable though.

Everything looked great up there this morning. Temps hit 78° and are now at 64° with lights off. Plants look great, but that was only the first cycle. Will know in a few days how things are really going :D

The Method 7's make it look like you're under white lights and work perfectly. Don't believe anything otherwise, it's all **.

Yup method sevens are the cats ace bro . You got those fancy lights what's another $100 right?

They were $79.00 but I paid $20.00 more for 2 day shipping. I want them immediately.

$100....more than worth it IMO. Thanks all! :D

Thanks JAAM! :aok:

My eyes adjusted tonight, but still hurt when I look away for a bit after. Bit of a hard time focusing after too. So I'm both glad, and sad I ordered those. Yes my eyes adjusted and I probably didn't need them.......but... my eyes go nuts after, so I probably NEED them! lol!!

Everything is looking good in there. No pics tonight, as nothing much has happened since last update (lol) Very curious to see what is going to happen. I hope I don't have fluff bud. I've run these strains multiple times now, so I know how they should turn out. Fingers crossed!

I'm torn between the two 900w fixtures or the 4 400w fixtures. I wish I could make up my mind. I'm just leaning on the less weight factor. Plus 1800 watts in my 4x4 would be detroit rock city! Somebody help me make up my mind!!! I need to get up and running again soon. Oh, and I've been considering setting up a drip system hydro setup. I have the controller to run the watering cycles, just a noob at the hydro thing. But I've been stalking you guys enough on here to have a good idea of what to expect!

How many plants you running in one tent? I would go with the 4 400's as it makes for a slightly more versatile foot print. Also, if you go full on hydro, you know I got your back Brix :aok:

Looking real good Grow-Bro :) definitely digging the LEDs. If I ever get a real grow going again I will definitely be looking to do the upgrade. Me loves some hydro. In fact, I was just picking a ffew flowers today off the Sugar Black Rose. I am harvesting and my plants are still green leaved and growing in the RDWC/top-feed system. I am going to try to let the lower half of the plant continue to grow and do a delayed second harvest and see what I get from it. I'll post pics in my journal. :)

Looking real good Grow-Bro :) definitely digging the LEDs. If I ever get a real grow going again I will definitely be looking to do the upgrade. Me loves some hydro. In fact, I was just picking a ffew flowers today off the Sugar Black Rose. I am harvesting and my plants are still green leaved and growing in the RDWC/top-feed system. I am going to try to let the lower half of the plant continue to grow and do a delayed second harvest and see what I get from it. I'll post pics in my journal. :)

Yeah, enjoying the LED's so far. I won't know for another 7 1/2 weeks if I like fully dig the change I did.. but I'm hopeful. Not thinkin' PJ would steer me wrong, so I took a leap of faith there. And yes, WOOOO Hydro!!! :vap_bong__emoticon: Good luck with the harvest and enjoy the SBR! I know my pheno came out splendid!

As for my room today, the temps swung back down to chilly so heaters went back on today. Everything is looking solid... only unfortunate event is I must kill off some clones and stuff before I start running out of space. These are the tricky moments during the process, which I hate to do... thinning the herd. Bah! Almost wish I just made another space with some more LED's now!! lol :D

I scrog two plants to fill my 3x3 flood table. I just dont have the room to be doing organics and mixing soils, etc. Ill definately do organics again, I just think the hydro route will be better suited for my limited space.

Hydro is amazing, but we all know how I feel there :D

So wait, you're lighting a 3x3 space? Maybe Two 900's would work better for you. If it's about LED's I would hit up PJ as he helped me tremendously.

*Side note*
Method 7 LED glasses are being shipped over night. Should get them tomorrow <happy dance> :)

the method 7's are sick glasses... they had a booth at max yield grow show in Boston... I didn't put on the led ones but I know PJ and my buddy did and they both said the plants looked totally normal... the hps one I tried worked very well...

Awesome JAAM! :aok: From the pics and videos it seems like they do the trick :)

As for the LED's, I just hope to have as good of yield and as dense of flower. If the density isn't there, then I'll be a bit bummed.

Reading a lot of great things though, so I'm hopeful!

Latest posts

Back