First grow in new cabinet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should be able to start my grow in 4 weeks or so. Tired of having to watch others at work.
Awesome! I know the feeling...it sucks when there are holdups. I can't wait to be running more plants on my next run, but for now I need to stick to the one so I don't waste plants.

On the agenda today; ventilation redesign (based on the tips I've received here) I'll admit to my insanity....even seeing my temp problems I still kept running active intake....that changes today. Also, I'll be doing some reworking to the light hanger as it is too long in the non adjustable portion.

Lastly, my plant seems a little droopy today....might the light be too close still?
View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1433706197454.jpg
View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1433706220599.jpg

Its all a learning process. Its overwhelming at times. Even with the experienced advice from the knowledgeable growers here.

Indeed, especially while I'm trying focus on too much at once. The bottom two leaves are looking like a K or Zn def.....but just those two. Should I be worrying and trying to correct something? Or just wait it out? Pics in a sec...

Hey I have been lurking in your thread for a while, it just dawned on me to ask you......why on earth are you using an 18g tote full of soil for one plant?

I could grow 4 pepper plants in there.

I am just worried it is going to make watering/feeding the plant properly. The biggest pot I have ever used for soil was a 5g bucket. I actually prefer the 3g ones because it makes it easier to water.

I read that you are using organics in your soil, so feeding may not be an issue (ive never done organic, I just use promix and feed when needed.)

Hey I have been lurking in your thread for a while, it just dawned on me to ask you......why on earth are you using an 18g tote full of soil for one plant?

I could grow 4 pepper plants in there.

I am just worried it is going to make watering/feeding the plant properly. The biggest pot I have ever used for soil was a 5g bucket. I actually prefer the 3g ones because it makes it easier to water.

I read that you are using organics in your soil, so feeding may not be an issue (ive never done organic, I just use promix and feed when needed.)

Just one plant for now, I plan on doing 3-6 when I do "official" runs. I've actually seen grows (granted in larger areas) that were running 15-25gal pots per plant. The bigger the pot, the more space there is for the root system to develop and bigger root systems make for bigger/healthier plants. I'm also concerned about proper watering and nutrients, but I believe if I get my soil dialed in I shouldn't have a problem....I hope. If you mix a good organic soil and layer properly you should be able to run start to finish with just water or water and molasses, although I have seen some that have needed to use liquid organic nutes toward the end. I'm not sure if it was because the soil wasn't mixed totally right or maybe the humidity was so low the plant transpired too much causing it to pull more nutrients from the soil than it should or what, every plant grows differently though so it could just be that some want more than others.

Thanks for lurking around!

Otay, so I'm fairly certain I will be needing to totally re-mix my soil and add a couple of things like coarse sand, rock dust, lime, and Epsom. When I do that I plan on doing three layers, top layer fairly inert, middle layer medium, bottom layer hot.

Also did another modification to my intake, I ported the room a/c vent directly to my intake with a filter in the mix and my highs have come down from 81-84 to 77 last I checked. Lights on 24/0 for now till I get my timer re-set.

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1434146661649.jpg
View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1434146676784.jpg

Yeah organics is not something I am familiar with. I stay away from synthetic nutes, but I dont do the whole build your soil thing.

Hey well either way, I wish you green mojo!

Yeah organics is not something I am familiar with. I stay away from synthetic nutes, but I dont do the whole build your soil thing.

Hey well either way, I wish you green mojo!
Thank you! I understand, mixing a soil right can be a pain. I was thinking that once I get the stuff I need I might switch to organic DWC in the same bucket (just seal up my drainage holes)

Okay, we are talking cannabis here. You cannot do cannabis organically in hydro. You can do low energy plants like greens. I often grow lettuce organic hydro. But you cannot grow cannabis hydroponically and organically. I does not work. And I would not really call the set up they describe as hydro. It is a soilless grow, but not really hydro.

Okay, we are talking cannabis here. You cannot do cannabis organically in hydro. You can do low energy plants like greens. I often grow lettuce organic hydro. But you cannot grow cannabis hydroponically and organically. I does not work. And I would not really call the set up they describe as hydro. It is a soilless grow, but not really hydro.
So a cannabis plant grown in rockwool and hydroton with a trickle down system isn't hydro? That's the exact same concept as what they did with those tomatoes. Why do you continue to pass off your opinion as fact? You do realize you aren't a real goddess right? From the start you've assumed I know nothing, yet while trying to cram your opinion down my throat a good portion of it has been misinformation.

Latest posts

Back