Size of pots/yield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a 25 gallon Home depot tote under my 3x3 Eb and flow table and drain right back into the res........ use a 350gph pump and only run it for 15 mins twice a day on a timer.

I like that idea, I have been looking at gravity feed but I think its time to get serious and move up, I think I will stay with the 600 for now and see where LEDs go in another yr.

I screw the manifold on to the pump with a short extension....... use 1/4 inch lines and run them from inside the tote over the edge of my table and to each of the plants........ my flower room is empty right now....... I'll get some pics of it tonite so you can see how I do it and you can adjust it to your needs.

What nutrients do you use to feed your plants?

I will be looking for those pics tonight, then I will run the plan over to the grow journal.
have been using Flora micro, flora bloom and cal/mag. Used the lucas formula. I am out of neuts so will be re-looking at whats out there.
I have maybe 4 grows under my belt so still in a big time learning curve.
And you are so right, it's the growing that's so addictive, love it.
Thanks G-13

I will be looking for those pics tonight, then I will run the plan over to the grow journal.
have been using Flora micro, flora bloom and cal/mag. Used the lucas formula. I am out of neuts so will be re-looking at whats out there.
I have maybe 4 grows under my belt so still in a big time learning curve.
And you are so right, it's the growing that's so addictive, love it.
Thanks G-13

Tell me about your water........
what are the ppm's of your water before adding anything?

What kind of coco are you planning to use?coco can be a little tricky to start with.

Got any Epsom salt? your going to need it.

You ever hear of ATO (automatic top off)?

I know lots of peeps who grow awesome MJ with GH 3part.......

Tell me about your water........
what are the ppm's of your water before adding anything?

What kind of coco are you planning to use?coco can be a little tricky to start with.

Got any Epsom salt? your going to need it.

You ever hear of ATO (automatic top off)?

I know lots of peeps who grow awesome MJ with GH 3part.......

My water runs about 186PPm at 6.7 PH

Been using, Root Organics Coco Palms

Been using cal/mag not epsom salt

Not familiar with ATO and I have been using GH 3part less grow.
What about a pump?

My water runs about 186PPm at 6.7 PH

I bet a good part of the 186ppm is calcium........ you get water spots on your dishes?

Been using, Root Organics Coco Palms

is that chipped or coir?

Been using cal/mag not epsom salt

if a good part of the ppm's you have are calcium you'll only need Epsom.....
Not familiar with ATO and I have been using GH 3part less grow.
What about a pump?

ato is a is a top off tank for you reservoir....... makes keeping your res up and swing through the PH between 2 week res changes easy as setting cruise control on your car.

Thanks G-13,
I'm getting a list of material together, will see what your setup looks like and get myself going, what do you use for a pump?
Maybe time for a nice long hit, less thinking....:bong2:

Thanks G-13,
I'm getting a list of material together, will see what your setup looks like and get myself going, what do you use for a pump?
Maybe time for a nice long hit, less thinking....:bong2:

I checked out your coco....... it's coir....... which is what I use to use with half perlite while their small once they're ready for pot bigger than a bathroom Dixie cup I use coco chips ........https://www.hydrofarm.com/p/JSCC2

Great pics G13,
couple of ques.
Looks like you drain into the pans under the plants? Then that pan drains back to Res?
Pots are 1gal flower pots? So no perlite res under coco for each pot (hempy style)?

I'll be working up a plan and posting to grow journal in a couple days.
3 seeds up and going waiting for 1 more to pop then we be off and running.
Thanks G13 and MP peeps, great input.

SG :vap-leafy_wave:

the flowering room does flow back into the res......... the space I use for getting the clone plants ready/grown for flowering is drain to waste/5 gallon bucket under the wooden rack........ the space I use to keep my strains going is mostly small pots and solo cups draining into a small pan that the cup/pot sits in/on.

the flowering room does flow back into the res......... the space I use for getting the clone plants ready/grown for flowering is drain to waste/5 gallon bucket under the wooden rack........ the space I use to keep my strains going is mostly small pots and solo cups draining into a small pan that the cup/pot sits in/on.

Grower13 you have an awesome setup there! Thank you for the great information :)

Wow, okay I am going to put together a new plan and move it over to grow journal. I hope I'm not hijacking this thread but the info I got seems to confirm, big pots are not always the best.
I found some good info from a member over at mjp called "Hundred Gram Oz"
Okay thanks for all that info, now time to put the plan together and get back to growing.
SG

thats a good thread for coco users, also look at DJMs cocotrees thread

Hey G-13,
I was overwhelmed with info and big problem is I like to start vaping early and after that I just smile a lot and forget what I am doing.

So here's what I did:
Someone gave me a 4'x4' tent so I went with 4 1gal pots blue dream, CK , fruit punch and delahaze. Ck started giving me trouple right away and ended up re-poting into 3 1/2 gal pot.
I cut them all at 65days, almost 99% milky white with just a few amber.
Yield in jars drying was:approx 1 1,2 OZ from all except CK which was around 2 1/2 oz.
I vegged under T5 and flowered with 600w HPS.

Gentlemen,

I am growing Satori, a large plant, Mastodon and OGS/og which are short.
Satori being the largest plant it should yield more.
I flip the Satori at 20"+ and 1 1/2 oz !?!~

Set up: 400w hps, 3 gallon pots, 'Empire Builder' potting soil, Espoma garden tone for veg and Canna Bio-Flores for flower. Water and fertilize every third or fourth day.

I can fit 8- 3 gallon pots or 10-11- 2 gallon pots in my kiddie pool.

I actually lift my 3 gallon pots only every third or even fourth day 'to 'water and drain' them in the bathroom', but it seems 'I am always moving them around'. 5 gallon pots can be painful if my back is already out. That's why I said 'everyday'...
poorly worded, sorry.

Thank you...

The Poet...♪

Same here with the back (RA), and 5gal buckets. The problem was, the 3 gal just weren't big enough to work well for indoor organics (they worked fine outdoors). The solution was the round DIY oil change pans from any parts store, ~$3 or so. They are sized just for 5 gal buckets and make perfect saucers. A bit of runoff gets re absorbed into the mix in short order and there is no need to be picking them up. Those extra gallons sure made a difference, for me anyway.

Wet

But I hear about 3-6 ounces from one indoor plant! What am I missing?
Doesn't mean it is true , many times it is wet weight or damp weight.

Latest posts

Back