reflective materials

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drambouie

Reaction score
anyone have experience with reflective styraphoam??

i have a sheet and will b using it to better insulate my room, its not as reflective as mylar, but u can still see a good reflection in it...a lil blurry but not bad

anyone with ever used it??? thnx

Can't say that i have ever heard of it before. Got any pics of it?

I have fallen in love with a sheet of very thick plastic which is white in one side and black on the other hence panda mat. It is available at most indoor gardening centers and is nice because you can construct reflective walls that are not permanent. I have a 20x20, and i use panda mat for each rooms walls i will submit some pics to this thread tomorrow. works like a charm and does not cause any light relections from the white as you get with aluminum or more reflective materials. for the low cost of $15 dollars for a 15x50 sheet of panda mat that is a steal of a deal. as well as a fast way to build a grow room walls that will save you from light contamination. i would also recomend looking for panda mat zipper pieces so you can add a door anywhere you need without being Martha Stewart.

BGrimey420 said:
I have fallen in love with a sheet of very thick plastic which is white in one side and black on the other hence panda mat. It is available at most indoor gardening centers and is nice because you can construct reflective walls that are not permanent. I have a 20x20, and i use panda mat for each rooms walls i will submit some pics to this thread tomorrow. works like a charm and does not cause any light relections from the white as you get with aluminum or more reflective materials. for the low cost of $15 dollars for a 15x50 sheet of panda mat that is a steal of a deal. as well as a fast way to build a grow room walls that will save you from light contamination. i would also recomend looking for panda mat zipper pieces so you can add a door anywhere you need without being Martha Stewart.

I'm not sure that foil-one-side styro would be any better than aluminum foil. It'll certainly hold in your heat, or cool, which ever you're seeking. The mentioned Panda film is great. My grow guy has it in 10' widths and you buy it by the foot length--very cheap and very durable. I made a nursery for my clones with a 400w MH in my studio bath. Just put a piece of plywood over the tub, Panda film over the plywood, Panda on the tile walls and Panda where the shower curtain was. Works great for a temporary home while my other girls finish up in the stealth room.

good luck.

drambouie said:

i have a sheet and will b using it to better insulate my room, its not as reflective as mylar, but u can still see a good reflection in it...a lil blurry but not bad

Yes. I read about it in this or another forum. It's called R-Max? Somebody reccomended it if you need to close in a too-big grow area. Im planning on using it this Fall to divide my grow area into a flowering room and a vegging room.

Lass

Old 01-03-2007, 11:16 PM #1
drambouie

Default reflective materials

Lass I think he has found his reflective material,He asked this 2 1/2 years ago

EPS insulation board might be a better mouse trap on may accounts. Simply spray it with a water based industrial strength adhesive and cover with mylar or panda, I'd go the former.

Fixing with a 10mm air gap will provide the most effective insulation available and a relatively industructible reflective surface.

You can simply cut it with a box/hobby knife. and cost about $15/m2

Latest posts

Back