Old Fogeys first ever legal grow journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fed and re-tied/positioned the colas today. i will post pics later. i am happy with the way the buds are developing even with the overcrowding i have.

a couple of stoned epiphanies -

in the past i have been 'flushing' my plants at the end of flower for a couple of weeks. using water straight from the tap, probably with too much chlorine, killing my soil beasties and preventing nutrient uptake. probably not the best plan...

i had another couple but darned if i can't remember. old age and weed and short term memory loss coupled with the alzheimer gene. i will be lucky to remember who i am shortly...

Looking right on schedule OF, girls bushed back up nicely didn't they ;)

that they did. lesson learned. i am doing a fair amount of manipulation at this point. trying to not pinch off more than a leaf or so per plant. tucking some fan leaves out of the way to get more light to the bud sites. gardening is very zen for me.

i have 5 clones now from 4 different girls in the tent. i am thinking of going with 4 plants my next grow. 8 is too much. probably will let them veg a little longer(or transplant earlier - kinda screwed up there), do some lst along with more extreme trimming. the satori does not seem to be as happy as the other plants with the trimming so i will probably let the satoris go a little more 'jungle'. i am quite happy with the cbd crew nordle. really a nice looking plant. nice and crystally. nice aroma too.

My clones that I am hoping re-veg. All but one look pretty healthy though they look like they are still flowers. There are 2 Satoris, 1 CBD Crew Nordle and 2 Green Crack clones. I am going to start feeding them some grow nutes lightly when they dry out. Just pulled the Saran Wrap seal off the clone box yesterday.

View attachment IMG_2973.jpg

Yea they will set roots and then sorta stop and go all funky, give them a minute and they will straighten out in the end. Me..... once the reveg has happened I take another clone and root it then toss the reveg away....just me, weird that way I guess.

I have a hard enough time killing my plants at harvest time. I don't know if I can kill the clones without letting them flower again. Are the re-veg plants weak? I feel lucky that the clones look like they took(except for the dead looking clone).

No not really any proof they are OF....my theory is I just worked them through 63 days of bloom....them roots are tired, so once it reveges and its stable I take a nice healthy clone before I start the process over again....seems rough on the girl to expect her to do as well the second trip through....imho.

true. i see your point. kinda like irish twins? maybe the current clones will find a home in the woods behind my house and when they seem to have recovered, i can grab some clones from them. btw dude - that s1 is about the nicest plant i think i have seen. just so natural in a frankenstein sort of way, doctor kraven.

sorry if my humor is a bit off. it always has been. but i am buzzed as can be. brownies, cannabis root capsules, vodka tonics and bong hits...

true. i see your point. kinda like irish twins? maybe the current clones will find a home in the woods behind my house and when they seem to have recovered, i can grab some clones from them. btw dude - that s1 is about the nicest plant i think i have seen. just so natural in a frankenstein sort of way, doctor kraven.

sorry if my humor is a bit off. it always has been. but i am buzzed as can be. brownies, cannabis root capsules, vodka tonics and bong hits...

Your humor is spot on, better take a rip I am catching up. OF that was a really nice thing to say, I really appreciate it. Thank you.

Hey old fogey, nice looking buds you have growing there. I don't know if you remember or not but I asked you about your seed acquisition from Attitude, I bought some and have a little plant going and am getting ready to start another pair now that temps are warming a little and I can do it in my shed in a little larger space. I'll set up some led lights and see what happens. I should have about three months until the temps get to warm to grow without some sort of cooling. Peace!!!

OF looks great What size tent and how much light. I have a 4 x 4 and it will have around 1 kw draw of leds. Just need to not kill them.

hey 2redeyes. yep. i remember you asking about attitude. glad it worked out for you. good luck with your grows.

and hey woodhippy. thanks for dropping by. my tent is 3x3x7 feet.i wish i had gottent the 4x4. wasn't thinking. i have 4 foot long t5 fixtures so it would have made sense to get the 4x4, right? i am a dunce sometimes. i am using a king led 1200 led and one 4 bulb 4 foot t5 that i have vertical in one corner to provide a little light beneath the canopy. not sure if the t5 is doing much but it makes me feel like i am doing what i can. my led is about 24" off the top of the tallest cola, prolly 27" off the rest of the canopy. the manufacturer does not recommend it being that close but i don't have much choice. i 'broke some necks' as kraven put it to even the canopy out but these plants are pretty scrappy and keep reaching towards the lights. i have 4 different strains, 2 'stretchers' and 2 that didn't stretch. again, i am a dunce sometimes. i have not seen any sign that the tops are bleaching out or getting burned by the led light being so close though so i am happy about that. i am seeing more heat that i thought i would but i have a good exhaust fan going. i think i'd be in trouble if it were not winter/spring here. if i can be of any help, i would be happy to let you know what i have messed up on. this is a total re-tooling grow for me. i am growing like a big boy now after a few years of growing with only t5 lights...

a pic of an amnesia but during this mornings maintenance...

6 weeks of flower. 3-4 to go...

i think the purple is from the led light which was on behind me when i took the picture. i also get some pretty good temp swings during the dark period. gets down to the low 60's. the temp with lights on is around 78 f. so maybe that is giving me some purplishness...

everything is frosty, frosty, frosty. i will post some more pics of the satori, the cbd nordle and the green crack wednesday or thursday as i have to head out of town for a few days.

View attachment IMG_2978.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so stoned I thought you said spectrum king led and i was about to say dayum boi now thats a cooker fosure. Your king is giving you good results OF, and tbh i'll snap a neck over 3 days before harvest to keep the canopy even ;) ....you MUST (not yelling just emphasizing) keep it even or your not gonna get crap out of the run. LED must be at a pretty exact distance for it to work properly. If not.... your only gonna get decent bud in the correct range and the rest above or below is just gonna be fluffy and very airy.

I have gotten stuck like chuck too, it happens. I think your doing a really good job personally, and I believe your going to get a good return on time spent imho. If you got a few sticking up too high, just gently snap them over.....I would not mess with anything less than 8 inches taller than the canopy though, its not going to make that much difference and if it bleaches it will only be the very top of the bud...and you can smoke that first if you like :)

Dude thats some Dank there man. Nice Job OF, things appear to be rolling along smoothly for you. Peace

i have the basketball/volleyball girls shunted off into the corner(nobody except the old fogey puts baby in a corner). the variation is prolly 5-6 inches. i have the vertically challenged girls on some inverted planters to even things out. it is a journey and i am learning. slowly but i am...

thanks kraven. i am quite happy with how the flowers are looking. your jedi training is helping this jar jar binks...

HA...you sir do not take enough credit. This is all you, I'm just tossing out an opinion or two that seems to be helpful. Your a talented grower, and you care about what your doing....makes us peers in my book.

Latest posts

Back