Flowering with MH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

getnasty

Reaction score
We've been planning ahead for our next grow after harvest time. We intend on getting some auto's to grow while we're vegging the photoperiod strains. I veg under MH and have a 600W dimmable/switchable ballast. Meaning it will fire both MH and HPS bulbs. My question is this: If I were to start thw auto's 2 weeks ahead of the photoperiod strains under the 600W MH, would I be able to flower them the entire time using the MH and have decent yield results while the photoperiod strains are vegging? 600W MH bulbs put out 60,000 lumens. In my 9sq ft grow space, that equates to a bit over 6000 lumens per square foot which is more than enough for flowering. My issue is with the spectrum differences in the bulbs. How important is it? Will I be able to flower auto's under a MH while the photoperiod strains are vegging since everything will be 24/7 at that point?

Yes I beieive you can flower the auto under MH. I know that you can flower regular mj under then, the buds are not as dence compared to HPS but the plants grew fine and smoked great

mH worked for me, back in the day.:)

Like Ozzy said, I found the buds to be not quite as dense, but they sure did their job.

I will buy that. I actually had the same question.(almost)

I hadn't used mH before but yeah will surely use them for good flowering of my plant..

HPS is great for flowering, both HPS and MH are great combined for flowering....MH alone, as stated above, will work, but not as well.

Yup I like to mix the 2 runnin mh and hps both together givin better spectrums of the light.

Good luck yur trail walkin friend, hope yual yeild yur needs.

BWD

Latest posts

Back