When to flip ? question......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brohio

Reaction score
Hello Everybody !

Had a question, we have two photo period plants, one Opium, the other a Cheese variety. They were started on April 5th under T5s, and now T5 mixed with sunlight. They are looking healthy, but since I only have a couple plants, wanted to maximize the harvest. Should we flip now ? Or try to grow them out bigger ? They are only in 2 gallon pots btw. Please advise ! Thanks here's a picture.....:vap-leafy_wave:

View attachment unnamed.jpg

IMO, ...thats a good size to flip 12x12 for the next 2 months, be warned it will get stinky, and your scouts honor job, is to put them away in there dark spot every night at the same time ..like when you get in from work or similar action in your life..? in 2 months time ..??? check the trics with your 30x loup'e, and harvest at your selected color, clear, white.......or amber for the couch lock effect

Are these going to be finished outdoors or indoors? If they were mine I would top the one on the left so you have more bud sites and better light to the lowers. Before you flip you may want to trim up the bottoms of those plants to get rid of popcorn and to have more energy going to the colas. That provides much better air circulation and also lets you take clones now. Then when you do all that,flip.

Green mojo.

they will be finished outdoors, un-less the stank is to bad....(fingers crossed) Rose, when you say topping it, how much would you cut off ?? Also, these are near the city, and we have a few street /house lights etc .....Is this a deal breaker ? It would be a bit of a task to bring them in and out everyday, also draws attention to them.....thanks so much

If they are to be finished outdoors, I would not force flower--cover each day at exactly the same time for 2 months. I would just let them finish naturally and they should get a lot bigger. The summer solstice is in 10 days and then the daylight hours will start declining, signaling the plant that it needs to start flowering. Try to locate in a place that gets the least amount of light from streetlights, etc. However plants grown outdoors are not subject to the same worries about small amounts of light like indoors when we force flower plants. I would top and trim it up as Rosebud has suggested.

I would trim the bottoms up about for air circulation and i would take the big one and top it so it is little taller than the shorter one. Make them close to the same size. Take that big one and cut it at the level of the bottom of the window sill. Does that make any sense?

Latest posts

Back