Grow Journal of a Cannabinoid Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have anything to check your CO2 levels? I simply do not trust that CO2 bucket stuff and have not even really heard good things about it. In fact, I am going to try and encourage you to put that stuff up (or take it back) and simply exchange the air in your tent with your fans until you get a fgew grows under your belt. You really need to learn to walk before you can run. I think trying to coordinate your exhaust and run CO2 your first time out of the gate is asking for trouble. KISS

Well, I can't do much worse than that other guy watching his friends plants (That other new thread). :D

I'm a very detailed person, and I like to do everything the best I can. For cooking, in order to cook Beef Wellington you must attempt to cook Beef Wellington, not Cube Steak and work your way up.

I can not take the bucket back for a few reasons, one being I've already opened it and checked stuff out :(

I don't have anything to check the levels, but I can attain something. I don't think there's much of a problem with the coordination, seems like 3 timers would do it. 1 for lights, 1 for fans/air etc and 1 for the CO2. Tell the fans to turn off for 15 minutes while I tell the CO2 to turn on for 15 minutes.. Surely too much CO2 is bad, as I've read, but the bucket says on the box that since it's all organic materials it's impossible to over CO2 in my size tent. A 2x2 tent would have issues, according to the instructions.

I really would like to tackle this, and attempt it...and would love all the thoughts and support on how to do it if possible. Worse case scenario, I totally ruin my plants, waste my time and have to buy new genetics. I'm thinking of buying extra to have around anyways, so that's no big deal.

If you want to encourage me THG, encourage the thought process on how to use it most effectively. :D

Also, here's an update in regards to my e-mail reply I just got back from Attitude:

We sell our seeds for souvenir purposes only and for storage in-case the laws change. We at ‘The Attitude’ are here to help, but we have our restrictions. We cannot, and will not discuss germination/yields/THC levels (etc.) of seeds, as it is ILLEGAL to germinate seeds in the United Kingdom and most countries and we cannot be seen to be promoting this. Unfortunately, E-mails may be ignored and remain unanswered if questions relate to the above and you may be refused a sale should you persist in requesting further information.

Many Thanks
Laura
The Attitude

Everyone's told me they are helpful, but.. this seems not helpful. I understand them telling me they can not do anything about it, but they seemed to go a little bit further there.

Maybe I'll be able to do this .. maybe not, but I'm going to try to produce the best I can right out of the gate. When I got my first computer (old 386... before Pentium was a thing, and after my Commodore 64) the first thing I did, and mind you I was 10 years old, was take the ENTIRE computer apart...every single screw. To find out how it ticked and see if I could get it back together properly again. Granted it did not work immediately, I problem solved and got things up and running weeks after. You see, I'm not one to learn something the easy way and continue on from there. Notice I had a budget of about $800 to start and I'm not well over $1,800 :)

I mean no offense to anyone saying anything and me just speaking my mind back, so I realllllllly hope you (and others) never get offended by me.

no offense taken---in fact i admire your peddle to the metal attitude---so don't be offended by what thg or any other experienced grower may advise---they/we are only looking out for your best interests---i believe i speak for most when i say we all want to see you crank out the biggest best perfect buds---overachieving is awesome but there is a learning curve with your new hobby---you will be juggling many issues on your first grow---that can of co2 is a waste of money---with a good air exchange you can get some pretty heavy dense buds without any co2---imo you are just opening the door to a higher probability of more going wrong by introducing co2 with a budget at this stage---you got many issues to tackle coming your way friend---you are off to a great start---multi-strain grows alone are an achievement in themselves---peace

Thanks so much Orange!! :)

Yeah I didn't want to do a multi-strain grow, just figured I'd get at least 4 / 5 Pineapple Chunk to germ :(

Ok, so I need to clarify. Even with controlling CO2 with timing and venting... you think this bucket will do NOTHING? I'm positive it will not harm them, and understand that if just left sat there it really does nothing, but controlling it to the best of my ability for this first grow will do nothing? So just throw it in the trash? I can not get my money back for it, so I have 2 options. Use it, or just throw it away. :(

If I can make excellent bud with good ventilation without CO2.. why can I not make a slight increase with my bucket?

I 100% intend on buying a tank etc in a few months, I don't see how this bucket (when controlled) will not help.

be patient---you will have many issues to deal with soon enough---you were just freaking out about those beans not popping---you will also have a higher probability of success just learning basics of your plants and their environment for now and keeping the plant alive and thriving in your current conditions---i was given a co2 bucket as a promo a while back---of course i used it cause it didn't take any space---it didn't help my grow and i would not take another one if it were given to me again---co2 is a great goal for the future and a pricey venture---when it's dialed in it's great---when it's not you're just flushing money down the toilet

Ok, with your bucket, did it just sit in the corner and emit. Or did you have an electronic regulator that plugs into the wall, with hosing that comes up and around the plants... and did you time it with your lights and fan? Curious about this... most just leave a bucket in the corner and expect it to work.

yes i used it as directed---it had a plug in regulator---the bucket was in a loft with the tube hanging from a light---it is possible i needed more buckets cause the room had 4 lights---but it was dialed in---the plants below the emitting tube were no better that the ones in the rest of the room

The only way to regulate Co2 is with a monitor/controller that measures the co2 levels and injects it as needed, this high level has to be maintained for any benifit.

The problem you have with your tent setup is without a way to exhaust the tent, even with a proper Co2 setup Is that heat/humidity can rise and will need to be exhausted.

Setting up a tent with Co2 is a real challange, your far better off keeping a constant air exchange in the tent.

If you cant hang the filter then put it on the floor and duct it up to the light, the fan could go outside the tent sucking out.

Here is a sampling kit that shows a good ballpark Co2 level for you to see if you wasted your money on the buckets. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003X0R228/ref=asc_df_B003X0R2282443592?smid=A3VZKFNMHAPZBO&tag=sdcbing436-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B003X0R228
o

Yeah, alright.. no CO2 .. but not sure what to do with that bucket.. trash it ? Maybe eBay?

As for my tent, there's just really no room for it inside. So should I open one side of the light and just keep a passive intake to the tent open and just pull air with the inline out to carbon filter? I'm hoping that works.

Just planted all 5 PC seeds and have them in the tent. Also, still have the 2 freebies going, will check them in the morning. Temps in the tent with NO fans going hold steady at 76 degrees and 50% RH. The water in the res is just about 60 degrees. How is that for res water? Whats the "gap" I want to try to keep the water at? I have a fish tank heater in it for warming if needed, and can do the frozen 20oz bottle trick during summer. Also, I'll have an A/C in the grow room.

Go look into the tent growers club run by Hamster Lewis -- you will see there what to do with your filter. I would put the seedlings about six inches under a small watt cfl -- are you going to vedge them in the tent? They need to be up close and personal right now though. and warmish.

Peace

Vegging in tent currently, with 400w MH and digital ballast dimmer down to 50% with the light raised up to start. It's 75 degrees in my tent with 50% RH.

Changed up my ventilation so the filter is tied up in the corner, through my lights hood, out of tent to the fan pulling it all through. Negative pressure achieved. :cool:

*Note*
I'll be getting that fan up off the ground a tad tomorrow (just did this tonight to get 'er done) and when needed, I can pull and hold the longer vent ducting out of the way to make room for buds later on! hah :)

Day2Germ-Veg-2.jpg

Day2Germ-Veg-3.jpg

Day2Germ-Veg.jpg

:) Cheers Orange!

Checked the tent out today, and was looking for any girls poking through.. I imagine another few days for that.

I was slightly curious by my readings. I live in the North East and it gets "interesting" to say the least... and my readings were: 62 degrees 37% humidity (usually with normal 75 degree temp it rides around 50%)

We had a frost last night, so that didn't help. I keep an electric oil heater going on low outside of the tent for now.

Also, Rhizotonic and something like Cannazym.. anyone have thoughts on this stuff? The video series I watched (VaderOG on the Tube) was very particular and thorough. He was using Rhizotonic like every other day it seemed, to help promote healthy and exponential root growth... even making some sprays with it. Also, using Cannazym here and there to help break down the dead solids that build up.

Thoughts?

^ Edited post above me with more thoughts and questions. Good morning MP.. I await your opinions and thoughts.

Looking good. I have a question and a couple of suggestions.

What did you plant your seeds in?

I would try and do something about the large dip in your ducting. Things like that really cut down on your air flow. I also would not connect the filter until you need it--they also cut down on air flow and have a finite life (so why waste it?). You may want to mount it low as the air at the ceiling is the hottest and you are using uninsulated ducting.

Again I am going to caution you about believing all you see on You Tube. A lot of that stuff is just crap or people trying to sell something. I know you are just trying to get the best grow you can, but when starting out you really want to try and keep things as simple as you can. There truly is a large learning curve to this growing stuff. Maintaining the correct environment in your tent is ultimately going to be far more important than giving them 6 different kinds of additives.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Looking good. I have a question and a couple of suggestions.

What did you plant your seeds in?

I would try and do something about the large dip in your ducting. Things like that really cut down on your air flow. I also would not connect the filter until you need it--they also cut down on air flow and have a finite life (so why waste it?). You may want to mount it low as the air at the ceiling is the hottest and you are using uninsulated ducting.

Again I am going to caution you about believing all you see on You Tube. A lot of that stuff is just crap or people trying to sell something. I know you are just trying to get the best grow you can, but when starting out you really want to try and keep things as simple as you can. There truly is a large learning curve to this growing stuff. Maintaining the correct environment in your tent is ultimately going to be far more important than giving them 6 different kinds of additives.

Hello THG! :)

I planted them in Sunshine Advanced Mix #4
I was going to "close the gap" of that ducting and keep it higher after this veg session. This one round I'm vegging in my tent until I have a vegging tent setup in a month or so, so the ducting was needed to be long to allow the lights to drop so much. The videos I saw on YouTube were selling nothing that I saw :shrug: .. VaderOG did a 116 day series that was quite nice to watch. The thing I was most happy with getting was Bloombastic, so I'll surely use that the last 4+ weeks or so! :) I understand what you mean though, and am taking everything with a grain o salt and bringing the thoughts and questions back here! hah I imagine I could put my filter down if needed, but I've seen SO many setups like this on this site, that many people recommend. Just the tent growers thread alone helped me get the negative pressure going and get the vent system setup as such. Currently, I'm not running ANY fans etc.. and it barely hits 75 degrees during peak day. I checked this morning and it was 62 degrees in there, no fans all night and MH on all night. About how long does a filter last by the way? At least 3 grows I'd HOPE! I figured I'd have to replace the white filter on the outside, just wasn't sure the time for the entire thing. Also, insulated ducting? The kind with the pink insulation in it? Naw, I'm not using that, mine is just silver and thin walled. Specifically made for horticulture I believe.

Who knows with me though right THG? hahah :)

Thank you so much for checking in. I literally refresh this website (clicking new posts) very often through the day just hoping for any bits of info. I wish I knew some of you in life, or at least were friends on the book of faces ( ;) ) so I could directly talk shop with someone.

Well, purchasing some more beanz from Attitude tonight. I need something to fill in the gaps with my grow... I want a full tent! :(

5x G13 Labs Blue OG
*Freebie*
1x CH9 Toxic Blue 33

Ordered from Attitude. Filling the tent, granted it's multi-strain I just want to attempt a full tent.

EllisD said:
5x G13 Labs Blue OG
*Freebie*
1x CH9 Toxic Blue 33

Ordered from Attitude. Filling the tent, granted it's multi-strain I just want to attempt a full tent.

I myself dont like starting new plants with other plants because of the height difference, the small plants can get "eaten up" by the larger ones.

Dont worry about filling your tent, chances are with a first grow there going to get overrun, or just vegg longer.
I had one plant fill a 4x4 tent.

Latest posts

Back