Liberty Haze grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaiant

Reaction score
I've been struggling with low humidity so added a humidifier, well I've managed to bring the humidity up to 30% and the plants show a marked growth improvement over the last 3 days. I'm running a 600 watt MH and a T5 four tube 6500 at 52.5 watts/sq' in a 4x4x8 tent. Today is day 20 into veg and I'm considering applying 1/2 strength nutes (grow, micro, bloom) up from 1/4 strength when watering every other dry/wet cycle. I've read Liberty Haze requires 5 to 8 weeks to finish ( growing Liberty Haze x4.) but some literature suggests longer. From your growing experiences are there any suggestions for growing this strain?

View attachment image.jpg

I think you are looking at at least 9 weeks to finish her. I would only use growing nutes now not flowering. They look very nice. I have not grown her but googles some grows and most say 9 weeks to finish.

Green mojo to you for the grow. oh, and welcome to MP.

Thanks for your help. I'll try to keep this updated.

I know of NO plant that will finish flowering in 5 weeks....where did you get that info (as it simply is not true)? There are a few mostly indica strains that may finish in 7-8 weeks, but most take 9 weeks or longer. And hazes are known for their long flowering times. Where did you get the seeds? The breeder info should give you a good idea on the flowering time (though they tend to be optimistic and this is with a well dialed in space and no stress to the plants). Barney's Farms shows this to be a 60-65 day strain.

What nutrients are you using? If you are running a 3 part nutrient you will need to use all 3 in differing amounts--just the grow will not be enough. Follow the directions on the web site or on the bottles. I am sure that the plants are big enough to go to 1/2 strength nutes or maybe even stronger.

How exactly do you have the T5 mounted? The T5 is probably not adding much to the grow. For a T5 to be effective if has to be down almost on top of the canopy--within inches of the plants. If you do this, you end up blocking light from the much stronger HID, which needs to be further away.

Yes you are correct thank you, and I looked back to check my source it read 7-9 weeks probably on the short side then as suggested, my bad:) These are clones I did not take but rather brought home in beer cups on Dec 10. Basically I have the lights side by side and the MH as close as possible to tops of plants right at 19" above tops.

But I believe my watts per sq' is off. I'm running a 600 MH for veg and came across a chart showing an HPS at 19" with roughly 11,681 lumens. So my objective is to increase my watts per sq' a short term fix. All four plants are tightly grouped and centered to the light source so I've been rotating the pots. I'm planning two 5x7 rooms veg and flower. Each room will run 2 1000k lights but need a few grows under my belt before committing.

These plants were repotted into 6.5" 11 days back and the one I call the runt suffered some tap root trauma during the process but appears to be doing well now although lacking in height. So, today is a water day then I will move the nutes up to 1/2 strength as suggested that being General Hydroponics ( grow, micro, and bloom for soil feeding) in equal amts for now following the chart recommendations. Gads, I hate working in this small tent and the girls have lots to grow but thought it the best bang for the buck for now a lot to be said for keeping it simple at the learning stage:)

I'm using the lift method to gauge when dry and the runt is a good half day behind not drinking as fast still but it was one day behind so I'm liking its root develop progress.

No, they are too old to be feeding the equal amounts. They need the grow nutes. You want to go with the schedule for whatever week of vegging you are in, but go ahead and cut the amounts in half if you are worried. However, I believe that they should be able to take full nutes as large as they are and they are clones, so the same biological age as the mother. I am thinking it is something like 15 ml of grow, 10 ml of micro, and 5 ml of bloom in a gallon of water. Always add the micro first.

Like I said, watts means nothing. Figure lighting needs with lumens. A T5 that is any amount of distance away from the canopy is useless as supplemental light. If it is mounted at 19", there is very very little light getting to the plants. T5s need to be close, an inch or 2. Even if the plants are all together in one corner, the light is disbursing throughout the space. I would get rid of the T5 and get the MH closer. Do you have an air cooled hood? That makes a lot of difference how close you can get the light. I can keep a 1000W with air cooled reflector within 12" or so.

Ok will do thanks... My 600 is a cool tube so I'll take the T5 out and get closer with the 600, will also increase the proportion and stick the the feeding chart by the week. I Am using ocean soil and have been adjusting the water after adding nutes to Ph 6.5

Using exhaust with carbon scrubber. Also mixing nutes to water then adjusting Ph to 6.5 using ocean soil. Aghh, posted twice not sure how to delete it.

Sounds like everything is good in your tent. And your plants look happy. I think they will enjoy the "extra" lumens. I would drop the light a couple of inches a day and see how the plants react. I can get my 1000W quite close--about a foot--without burning or bleaching the tops.

I appreciate the advice given on increasing the nutes feedings and proximity lighting requirements. A little bondage and I've adjusted the 600 watt closer to the plants... I had issues with low humidity so I now have the humidifier timed to come on and off throughout the 20/4 cycle. Im seeing vigorous growth in the veg stage. I plan to repot next week then flip them at 6 weeks. Plants have grown since this pic was taken.

You have to use a jeweler's scope and look at the crystals ... Clear, then Milky, then Amber. It's ready when it's mostly milky and a some ambers

Did you buy fem seeds or are you going to have to sex these?

These plants are clones and I will keep an eye on them into the flowering stage. I'll be growing feminized seeds Purchased from Nirvana. I'll pop some Northern Lights, Haze 1, and Cannatonic very soon. I grew outdoor in Southern Oregon years back when seed stock choices were simple.

I was wondering about the color and percentage of Amber for this sativa dominant strain. Will an Indica dominant require less or more amber by percentage? Or does the particular hybrid itself dictate the optimum mature flower characteristics? There are so many out there.

Ahhh so milky is optimum where Amber shows the signs of THC degradation and different effects.

Yowsers the haze is liking the increased light and nutes so the plan is to transplant into final pots in 2 days then flip at six weeks if I can hold em back that long.

Clones, so they should all be girls. Were these your clones, from a dispensary, or a friend?

When to take your plants is somewhat a matter of taste. With sativas, I want an up energetic high, so I want little, if any, amber. Just my preference, some think a plant is not done until you can see at least some amber. I do not really think amber is a sign of a degraded trich--black and brown trichs are dead trichs. I do like to let indica strains get into the amber, because I want those to be an evening, relaxing type high.

If you believe that your plants are going to get too big or tall, you can do some training now while they are still in veg if you want to. How many plants do you have? I have some concerns about you having too many plants for your space. The sats tend to get bigger than indicas, and hazes can tend to stretch and become somewhat willowy.

I have been tieing the tops back. I have 4 plants my first indoor and purchased at the dispensary, but not wanting to cut myself short on height. Thinking it may be wise to repot tomorrow then water Ph adjusted only then flip them at 5 weeks instead of the sixth week I had planned. I can start the early flowering nute schedule in one week?
Is a flush proper before the early flowering stage? I so appreciate and value your input.

I grow either DWC or organic soil and do not do a flush between. I do think that Hush recommends a flush around that time to get rid of any buildups you may have.

Less than a week left before I flip the plants. I put together a flood table will try that for the next grow Libert Haze and NL. I tested my tap water today for PPL and it read 107.

Latest posts

Back