Need help ASAP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happyfarmer

Reaction score
Hey people.

My plants are looking really shitty - First i will give you a little background about my soil so you may be able to figure it out.

The soil i'm growing in used to be a lawn. The soil was very poor (never fertilized)
So last year i put 2kg/m2 dolomite lime and 1 kg composted chicken manoure (3-1-2) into the ground and cultivated it. The plants the first year was huge, although showing some signs of deficit towards the late bloom. But not too bad.
About 6 months ago i used the same amount of composted chicken manoure but also added some kelp meal which i spread "lightly" Just throwing it around with my hand.

About a month ago i planted my cuttings (looking really good) which had been indoors for about a month under 600w HID's
Then disaster struck and the frost came. The week after it all looked like ****. Alot died and so on. Luckily i had extras. so i could replace some of them. But the ones that survived and even to new ones are looking like ****. The new shoots are extremely pale/yellowish. And i dont get it. The earth should have alot of nutrients. I am even using i "drip-system" to fertilize. I use a 4-1-6 + micro fertilizer.
One can clearly see on the pictures the new growth is super pale compared to the older leaves (from when they were inside) To me it looks like some sort of immobile deficit. But it doesnt make sense to me with all the nutrients in the ground... i Just don't get it.
Sorry for the long post. Here are some pictures. Help wil be MUCH appreciated. Have alot of plants and as of now 2/3 of it all is ****. All the unwanted plants (weeds etc) are growing all fine lol ... Sorry for the long post

EDIT: Forgot, also gave a small amount of bloodmeal. Just spread out by hand.

Some pics.

View attachment IMG_1419.jpg

View attachment IMG_3988.jpg

View attachment IMG_8748.jpg

View attachment IMG_0513.jpg

Well, shoot that isn't looking good at all but you already know that.

My first thought is you have no idea what is in the soil. You need a soil test to know what nutrients you need and even more important what you do not need.

Second of all you need to pull all the vegetation out of there so the plant isn't competing for food.

I guess at this point i would steer you to a fertilizer or nutrients made for marijuana.

looks like she is starving for N to me... If i were you and you want to get a good crop i would dig those up, put them in good soil, like Fox Farm, get your soil tested and plant back in the ground after adding the right amendments.

You have your work cut out for you if you want these to live. Good luck.

Thx for your answer.

The problem is the amount of plants. Taking them up is not an option at this point.
Regarding the N i don't think it's that. Because it's only on the top shoots. N should be mobile so it would take nutrients from older leaves, if im not mistaken.
Getting the soil tested. How does that work, who would you be sending it to?

sulfur lockout......... soil ph is to low....... add lime

sulfur lockout......... soil ph is to low

:goodposting:

I would second that.

The earth should have alot of nutrients

Not necessarily. Indoor grows have the advantage of us providing the right amount and ratio of nutrients and the proper PH if we are using chemical Nutrients and a healthy Micro Herd if growing Organic. You outdoor soil might have neither of those things going for it. If I grew outside and I sure wish I could, the one thing I would do for sure is use a Super Soil and grow Organic.

Ph too low? i added 2kg dolomite lime per m2 last year so it couldn't possibly be that?

Hamster lewis - Well the point is to get YOUR soil super by adding the right amounts which in my opinion i have done. But obviously something isn't right.
The nutrients i have given are organic - kelp meal, blood meal, chicken manoure, dolomite lime, All organic compounds which should give the earth a rich micro bacterial life. So the earth should have alot of nutrinets, taking into account all the things i've been feeding it. But as i said. Something just isnt right.

Get a soil test kit from Lowes and check your soil. The test kit will test your N,P,K,and PH. I use them for my Garden,,and they work great. Very easy to use. They look like there getting to much of something and not enough of another.
Also i think i see some Spider Mite Damage.

When you are adding amendments, you don't just dump stuff in.

How did you add these things. In a big mixer and then ?

Thx for your answer.

The problem is the amount of plants. Taking them up is not an option at this point.
Regarding the N i don't think it's that. Because it's only on the top shoots. N should be mobile so it would take nutrients from older leaves, if im not mistaken.
Getting the soil tested. How does that work, who would you be sending it to?

You are going to be a lot better off with a few plants that are planted in a good medium than you are a whole bunch that you can not take care of properly. I don't know if you have every grown before, but it sounds like you haven't. I do not see cannabis ever being a crop that farmers can plant acres of---each plant takes individual care. If you have too many to replant into good soil, you have too many. Do not plant more than you can reasonably take care of and in the right manner. It is critical to start with a good medium --this is the place the roots live. Unfortunately, little else is going to have positive results if you have poor soil. I see no alternative but amending the soil.

the only time i've had the really pale looking new growth like that, was when i used to much lime.
not saying that's your problem.. i honestly don't know.
the soil tester might be the best route.

The test kit will tell you what you need to know i bet. Like i said,,Lowes or Home Depot carries these test kits. Thats probably the 1st place to start.

Hamster lewis - Well the point is to get YOUR soil super by adding the right amounts which in my opinion i have done. But obviously something isn't right.
The nutrients i have given are organic - kelp meal, blood meal, chicken manoure, dolomite lime, All organic compounds which should give the earth a rich micro bacterial life. So the earth should have alot of nutrinets, taking into account all the things i've been feeding it. But as i said. Something just isnt right.

I am talking about an actual Super Soil that get's left to cook for a while before it is even ready to use. Like this>>>>http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=679362&postcount=61

Adding some amendments to soil is okay but it seems to have left your plants wanting for something.

the only time i've had the really pale looking new growth like that, was when i used to much lime.
not saying that's your problem.. i honestly don't know.
the soil tester might be the best route.

What did you do about your lime problem?

I have read some more about lime and have found that adding lime whilst fertilizing at the same time isnt so good. I had a basic misunderstanding about that. So the problem is probably too much lime in the ground. Causing a lockout.

Can ppl agree with me on that? I will buy a testing kit (my Ph meter is broken : / )
So now what would be the solution? we are talking about 700 m2 that has gotten this treament. So it's a pretty epic disaster for me.

I am confused now. In post 1 you said: "The soil i'm growing in used to be a lawn. The soil was very poor (never fertilized)
So last year i put 2kg/m2 dolomite lime and 1 kg composted chicken manoure (3-1-2) into the ground and cultivated it.....About 6 months ago i used the same amount of composted chicken manoure but also added some kelp meal which i spread "lightly" Just throwing it around with my hand..."

That is a small amount of nutrients for 2 cubic meters and it was a year ago. Nitrogen goes away fast. Outdoor soil is usually not suitable to plant in without amending it. Exactly what it needs is an individual thing, but it does need good drainage. And you really have a lot of other vegetation competing for the food. I doubt that there is much in the soil in the way of nutrients with that much grass and other egetation.

Later in the same post you indicated that you are using a drip fertilizer system? " I am even using i "drip-system" to fertilize. I use a 4-1-6 + micro fertilizer."

If the fertilizer you are using is not 100% organic, it is either inhibiting or killing the microbes (if there are any left after 6 months) that are in the soil.

THG knows hef stuff Little Brother.

Thx for answers people

THG it's 1 kg per square meter. And i also put in the same amount in this year. + The fertilizer i used during last year.

I know i have made mistakes, which people are pointing out too. But i need a solution. I get will a test kit so i can test the soil Ph, NPK etc. Once i have the result i will post them and then we can make a plan about what happens next.

Does this make sense

The test kit will tell you if it needs more of one thing or less of the other,,or if your PH is off. If your PH is not correct,,nither will your nute uptake be correct. Good place to start.

Okay i have ordered the test kit now. And then we will see.

But if it is indeed the amount of lime that is the problem. Which i can only think it is given the amount it has got. Then what will be my approach? from what i read sulfer fertilizer seems to be the only way? Either way the ph should be max 7 since dolomite lime is only 7ph. I know theres different types of lime. but Dolomite lime which is the one i have given should be 7.

Id be digging it up ,cleaning all the soil i could off the roots with water and putting it in some good soil.

Latest posts

Back