RH question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan789

Reaction score
MP members, any consensus on dehumidifiers? I'm running this week with all the rain here in sunny NCal at 63-65% rh with plenty of ventilation running 24/7, I want to avoid the dreaded pm at all costs. I've turned on an portable A/C unit that has a dehumidifier function, but I've got to route the exhaust out of my grow space cause it's dripping wet. Maybe a small dehumidifier would do better, any thoughts? :watchplant:

Update, with said A/C dehumidifier working have the RH to about 61% in the room, and tents are down to 59%. I'll run till RH comes back towards normal for this area, and the rain cooperating hopefully. :watchplant:

I'm in N Cali in the Central Valley. Yeah lot of rain. My space is 20 x 24 with 3.5T mini split. I use

Frigidaire FAD704DWD Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier

Same model I run Umbra except my location requires the use of them in tandom.

Checked this morning and got through lights out with 60% rh in my tents with my improvised setup, Amazon to the rescue by Friday. This rain is just one more thing to countermeasure in our endeavor to end up with a good finished product. Most people don't have a clue how much is involved, no wonder they just step up to the counter, or call for a delivery. :watchplant: :watchplant:

Umbra, Kraven thanks
Got the 50 pint Frigidaire energy star dehumidifier, plugged in and turned on. Down to 50% RH in 2 hours, wow! (It has stopped raining, and did see the sun for a few hours).
Checked my home, it's 60% in the house, I might need a second one for the house. I didn't appreciate how quiet, and effective they are, Wow.

Just be sure to keep an eye on the bucket (or drain hose if that is what it uses) The bucket can fill up quick sometimes when humidity is high.(Air with 60%rh at 75 degrees has a lot more water in it than air at 60%rh at 50 degrees). Also, the drain hose connection on mine loosens sometimes because of heating and cooling, and I end up with a leak. However, My unit is fairly cheap, hopefully you won't have the same issues. :)

These units are solid HP. But I do a monthly PM on my 2 units. stick the shop vac on the drain ports outside and a good blow out of the filter and I have yet to have a problem. I did before I drilled drains to the outside and set them to drain....70 pint bucket fills fast in my humid air.

Kraven second that, mine fills up once a day. I can see the hose as a good solution when it starts raining later in the week and as it heats up. We're at 57% humidity at 60 degrees now.

Latest posts

Back