Coping with size and age

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow hackerman, you know the coolest stuff.

It comes from being a criminal all my life. LOL Dad was a gangster so I grew up in a pretty corrupt adult environment. Delivering liquor to after-hours joints before I was even old enough to drive the truck. LOL Running money and numbers sheets when I was 8 and 10 years old.

As a juvenile I was exempt from fed or state prison (back in those days, anyway) so I was often used to carry loads or make deliveries. I guess they figured, who would expect a 10 year old kid to be carrying 5k in his lunch box. Pretty cool life, really. As long as you don't mind not having a childhood.

The only bad part was that I wasn't like all the other kids in school. That created certain social problems. LOL

After a life like that, I guess I just think that way, now. LOL

That is fascinating. I see a book deal for you. I would read it. 5K in your lunch box? You must have been a good mule. lol I wanna hear more. Well, we are glad you are here.

Here's a cool thing. We are in the Elvis Presley song, Jailhouse Rock. :)

By the time I was in my 20's, Dad was dead and I was hanging around with a bunch of old gangsters because they were my only friends growing up.

So, I am hanging with Nunzio Destro and Leo MonCherie and some of the other old members of the Purple Gang out of Detroit. These guys are in their 60's and 70's and used to tell me some awesome stories. Nunzio was a bank robber and counterfeiter who spent 37 years in prison on 3 different stays. Leo was a hit man and was credited in some circles with the death of Jimmy Hoffa.

Last I heard from Leo, he was dead. Well, at least the unidentified blood and remains in his car were supposed to be him. But, Nunzio showed me a post card from him in Italy long after he "died".

Nunzio moved to Las Vegas and I never heard from him again. That was 25 - 30 years ago. I'm sure they're all dead now.

Anyway, in the lyrics from Jailhouse Rock it says, "the entire rhythm section was the Purple Gang". That was Nunzio and Leo.

No doubt, I could tell some stories. LOL

I used to ask Nunzio what it was like to rob a bank. I would ask him, "wow, what do you say". He would very calmly reply..... "Stick 'em up always worked for me". LMAO These guys were always so calm cool and collected. Leo, the hit man, used to baby sit for my nephew when my sister and I went out. LMAO I guess when you leave your kid with a hitman, you know he's safe from anyone else. LMAO

Definitely could tell some stories. ;)

If you write the book, you may want to change the names to protect the innocent, non-innocent or maybe the author...I’d read it.

I don't believe I ever knew anyone who was innocent. LOL

Most everyone I knew or ever hung with is long dead. I don't think they care any more. LOL If my Dad were alive, he would be 104 this August. I can't believe he's been dead almost half a century. Long time to not see you Dad.

Redeyes, you're a musician. Have to tell you some day about when I partied with Janis Joplin when she was here with The Kosmic Blues Band. back in about '69 or '70.

Sounds like you got some interesting stories Hack...The only famous people I got to hang with thru my old band was CCR, that was while I was still in high school and one of the very first times I smoked weed...fun stuff though!

Go online and get a forwarding service in the US.

Have stuff that won't ship to Canada shipped there and then the forwarding service will send it to you in CA.

Companies like Traveling Mailbox are everywhere.

Some will re-package if you ask. They will scan outside of packages so you can see them online. Some will even open your mail, scan it, send it to you in email, and then shred the original. $10 a month.

The nannies will catch it at the border anyways, no?
the custom declare says it has spinosad or whatever and they confiscate it
I'm embarrassed to be canadian these days,

The forwarder will repackage it and put whatever you want on the customs slip. At least, most will.

The nannies will catch it at the border anyways, no?
the custom declare says it has spinosad or whatever and they confiscate it
I'm embarrassed to be canadian these days,

LOL--I am embarrassed to be American these days.

I certainly wish the US was stricter with Roundup. GMO seeds are because of Roundup. Roundup is a known to cause cancer. We generally find that when a substance like this is banned that there is a reason (remember DDT?). There must be something else that would work without having to smuggle it in. And are you sure you want to use a banned substance on something you are going to smoke or eat?

Also, have you considered using different separate buckets for plants that are way different in size and age? A few larger plants that are happier and not over or under fed may result in a larger yield.

LOL--I am embarrassed to be American these days.

I certainly wish the US was stricter with Roundup. GMO seeds are because of Roundup. Roundup is a known to cause cancer. We generally find that when a substance like this is banned that there is a reason (remember DDT?). There must be something else that would work without having to smuggle it in. And are you sure you want to use a banned substance on something you are going to smoke or eat?

Also, have you considered using different separate buckets for plants that are way different in size and age? A few larger plants that are happier and not over or under fed may result in a larger yield.

I knew you were waiting to pounce :)
waaaaaaait, I flew off the handle again when I couldn't find Spinosad.
https://www.livingwithbugs.com/spinosad.html
and I still don't know why I can't use it other than SuzukiFoundation need something to do. The pendulum just swings too far is all.

You'll be pleased to hear I tried milk first and an H2O2 spray next day.

I get myself in to fine messes, Ollie, I'm hydro with trays and buckets, all the little piggies eat from the same trough. I could have a hole free up in the flower tray and have to dump a newbie in to the tray with the other bigger kids' diet.

Not trying to be confrontational, I am curious....Why do you say the pendulum swings too far? Do you know of any banned substances (specifically pesticides as that is what we are talking about here) that have later proved to be innocuous? I worry that we don't do enough to protect people from known carcinogens. Every day we hear of companies that know/knew that their products caused cancer, but fail to do anything about it. I personally would rather error on the side of caution when we are talking about carcinogens.

And in the same vein of erring on the side of caution, I would keep the nutes in the common res on the light side rather than on the heavy side. You could probably supplement the larger plants with foliar feedings if need be.

Not trying to be confrontational, I am curious....Why do you say the pendulum swings too far? Do you know of any banned substances (specifically pesticides as that is what we are talking about here) that have later proved to be innocuous? I worry that we don't do enough to protect people from known carcinogens. Every day we hear of companies that know/knew that their products caused cancer, but fail to do anything about it. I personally would rather error on the side of caution when we are talking about carcinogens.

And in the same vein of erring on the side of caution, I would keep the nutes in the common res on the light side rather than on the heavy side. You could probably supplement the larger plants with foliar feedings if need be.

What's usually the common denominator in these things, THG?

"As malaria surges once again in Africa, victories are few. But South Africa is beating the disease with a simple remedy: spraying the inside walls of houses in affected regions once a year. Several insecticides can be used, but South Africa has chosen the most effective one. It lasts twice as long as the alternatives. It repels mosquitoes in addition to killing them, which delays the onset of pesticide-resistance. It costs a quarter as much as the next cheapest insecticide. It is DDT."

I guess that's what I mean by pendulum swing, an out and out ban like the Liberals did in Ontario was a pendulum swinging too far,
and what's wrong with Spinosad anyways, I can't find anything, it's natural.

I do want to get off my liquid nutes though butI'm hydro, I'd like to try the powdered stuff and make my own (if anybody is doing that)

aaaah, missed the advice....
Yes, that's very good, feed for smallest and foliar augment the others. Brilliant. Thanks!

I just trimmed the plants in that tray and didn't find anything moving. I thought this was a pH, nute issue because it's 1200ppm at 4.5 right now.... So I'm doing a reset which brought up my nute question. I'll do one at say about 600 ppm

here's the leaves and how they progressed, I'm thinking pH on account of it's 4.5

UPDATE
I still can't find 'em. I bought some diatomaceous earth
it's a powder what causee em a gruesome death I hear
but I don't know if it's safe to powder the plants with it... so i won't

It is food grade and I am dusting the perimetre floors and just the tops of the stones
I'm also rubbing some vaseline on their stems (they BETTER be girls!!)

I don't know what I'm doing but seems safe enough, I'll wear a mask.

stumbled upon a good read
http://gardening.yardener.com/Solutions-For-Thrips

try finding Azamat on Amazon.ca It's a boy's name in Canada BWAHAHAHAHAHA
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01K427D4Y/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
Canada is finished.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, wear a mask, i keep DE on hand, but it mostly works for soil dwellers I think. DON'T BREATH IT.

Yes, wear a mask, i keep DE on hand, but it mostly works for soil dwellers I think. DON'T BREATH IT.

pretty brutal stuff, cuts up their exoskeletons, sounds like a SAW movie
do / can you dust your plants with it?
(food grade)

yes, it is just crustaceans in a blender, :eek:I think. It is only harmful to breathe. Yes, you can dust with it. I worry about coverage, but maybe it will knock um down. not sure what it will do to eggs.

Latest posts

Back