first time grower, me need a little info..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

#5died

well im on day 11 from germanating. got 400w growlight, 8 pots measuring about 5cm now. lights are 18 hours on, most of them are starting the second stage of where the leaves come out, but two of them only have one leaf on showing is that normal, and i dont know if i should have used organic fertiziles on them for the vegitive stage on day 9, plus when should i water them, i did water them every second day, but now the soil is aways dry and warm, yesterday i watered them and the day before that i did it too, i just felt them and the soil still looks dry, the lights hang about 10 inches is that too high or to low?
:confused:

the helicopter was flying around last night too, man was i * scared, can they really see heat spots or should i not worry about them, I have a big fan on that turns, my grow set is in the closet in the spear room, so i leave the closet door open with window open the fan going, would this be alright, yeah any tips would really help me out, yep yep thanks for reading:holysheep:
ohh how much water do i need to feed them e.g i cup each or?????

******Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

* edit bad language

Well dude yeah they can see hot spots. I got this mylar like stuff off the internet that they say helps shield the heat signature but Im not sure if it actually works it was a buy that I didnt investigate on. Make sure your 400w lamp is at least 3ft from the tops of the young plants so you dont burn them. The soil you have for now is ok because they sprouted when there 6in tall then transplant them into what ever size you choose and use a good soil I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest its the best organic soil I think. Mix in lots of Perlite and dolomite lime to help with PH. On watering I use a turkey baster to water when there that young. Your soil is drying out because your lamp is only 10in high thats to low. raise it up to 2ft I think you should be ok. Next time use CFL's for germinating then when 6in tall put them under the 1000w. Oh you should use HPS for blooming MH is good for Vegetative stage. When there 6in tall transplant to 1 gallon pots with your soil and lots of perlite then veg for 5 days and then flower by turning the lights back to 12 on 12 off.

you can veg longer then 5 days if you want it depends on your rooms height.
when you flower your plants continue to grow for 2wks so think about what size you want your plants to be. You can flower cannabis at any age.

thank you killertea for your time and your handy info, ok but one thing still gets me, how much water do i use to water them?... i really like the idea of cannabis can flower at any age.. thats so cool....

******Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

it depends on if you have you light vented.i have mine about 3-4 inches from my plants.using a 2 400 w,1 for veg,one in flowering.

this is hard to say becauase it is specific to Your grow. I reread your post and couldn't find the size of container your plants are in. make sure the water is suffient to get to the roots but do not drown them. start small and let your plants tell you. i use about a 1/4 gallon on each plant.:D

hey thanks for your time, my pots are around 5 cm high by 5cm wide i think, they are pretty small, but thanks again, will let ya know hoe i do..

Use a turkey baster and ph adjusted water and just use enough to see some drip from the bottom of your pots. Thats all you need. When there 6in tall transplant to a 1 gallon pot. Once you transplant water again with enough to drain from the bottom. I use about 12oz from one of those red party cups. When you flower you will see that your soil drys out quicker because your plants are using more because there producing buds so they need it. You may have to water more often or use 2-12oz cups of water. I stick my finger in the soil about an inch down and if its moist wait a day then water if dry water.

Latest posts

Back