Anyone have some sort of set-up in a small room where u veg/flower at the same time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

-DoPeMaN-

Was wondering what kind of setup do you have and if you have any pics or links to pics?

Could tarps be used to section off the room ?

if i just have a closet to work with, is SoG my best way to have my little crop :D

Dont have the pics any more but i used a 6x6 bathroom last place i lived...

used poly vinyl (black/white) to section off tub for flower side with 465 for exhaust... small veg table set up on sink...2x3 foot or so and a clone chamber mounted to the wall above the toilet....

main intake was under sink with a flowby to the flower side.... grew in there for 2 years... water on tap...easy to flush and the toilet still worked if need be....

poly vinyl can be bought by the foot at most hydro shops and you can get some great stick on zippers to use for doorways....

hope this gives you some ideas

grow on

Eh -DoPeMaN- I currently have a setup going in a half of a closet. It has changed now that I have a bigger flowering room but this is the way I used to it. Veg chamber below, flowering chamber above, balasts and fans up top. I had a 175 watt mh in the veg chamber and 250 watt hps in the flowering chamber. I used LST to grow plants shorter with more colas, I was going to try SOG until my situation changed. And I also used square pots to maximize root zone area. Currently the bottom chamber is for clones and mothers, and the top is for vegging. I have a few pics to give you the general idea. Any question feel free to ask. I'll see if I can find the pics from my grow when I used this to grow start to end.

Dogger

100_1213.jpg

100_1214.jpg

100_1216.jpg

I have a small room with a table on 24" legs... underneath I have poly hanging down and i do up my clones in there and veg.. above (on the table) is my flowering and main hydro setup.

dogger said:
Eh -DoPeMaN- I currently have a setup going in a half of a closet. It has changed now that I have a bigger flowering room but this is the way I used to it. Veg chamber below, flowering chamber above, balasts and fans up top. I had a 175 watt mh in the veg chamber and 250 watt hps in the flowering chamber. I used LST to grow plants shorter with more colas, I was going to try SOG until my situation changed. And I also used square pots to maximize root zone area. Currently the bottom chamber is for clones and mothers, and the top is for vegging. I have a few pics to give you the general idea. Any question feel free to ask. I'll see if I can find the pics from my grow when I used this to grow start to end.

Dogger

Ok, So i start off with 3 shelves, bottom = Mother/Clones Middle = Vegging and top is flowering,

So the Bottom shielf light stays on 24/7

The middle stays on for most of the day correct?

And the top is a 12/12 timer

So how do i keep from the first 2 shelves making any light breakins on the top shelve? how did you do it?

Btw nice setup =) and what is LST? :D

Where do you reccomend getting lights for cheap? (Not Flour's)

Ebay ?

Thanks for the info and pics, seems like i can read alot but when i see the pics i can get a better idea of what i plan on doing.

oh P.S on the bottom shelve what if i just decide to add Flouresents for the clones/mother? until veg stage, to minimize cost expense...

I line everything with mylar or poly.

You have the right idea, but you really only need two shelves for growing. Keep the bottom shelf for cloning, mothers, and veging light 24/7, and the top area for flowering, light on 12/12.

To stop the light from getting into the flowering area I made the air intake tube going between the to cabinets curve a few times. An all crackes where the shelving and wall meet were seal with silcon. When the door on the cabinet was closed no light made it into the flowering area. Duct tape is your friend as well.

LST stands for Low Stress Training. In other words training the plant to create more branches and grow bushier rather than tall. The Low Stress part just means there no cutting or damage to the plant to achieve the training.

As for a light I went to a hydro shop to buy all my lights and stuff. I know the guy pretty good so I have life time garantee on all the stuff I buy from him. You could find them online or use security lights from a hardware store. As for the size of light it all depends on the size of the closet your planing on growing in. For a closet dont go any bigger than 400 watts. If the closet is the standard 4' long, 2' deep you'd could do a 250 watt mh for the lower shelf, and a 400 watt hps for the flowering shelf. Ideally you want 25 watts per square foot in veg, and 50 watts per square foot in flowering. But anywhere between that will work to. Those compact flouros are pretty decent for veg, get enough of them and your laughing cause there's hardly any heat.

Hope this helps

Dogger

Latest posts

Back