Light Spectrum Chart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonJones

Reaction score
Willl someone please post a link to that colored light spectum chart that shows where each differnt type of light falls and also the one showing what parts of the spectrum the plants needs/uses during the different stages?

I gave my last copy away and now can't remember where I down loaded it from.

Thank you.

Don Jones

Here's a few light charts.

Light and Distance.jpg

Approx Penetration Range For Common HPS Lamps.gif

Spectrum's.jpg

Utilization of Global Sun Radiation Spectrum.jpg

FC-Chart-HPS.jpg

Approximate FC in the Sweet Spot.jpg

Fruitybud,

Thanks. I didn't see the ones I was thinking about, but some of these are even more informative.

Don Jones

could someone help me out with this one...new to indoors
three 1k HID in a 3m x 2.5m x 2m (tall) space...is this good enough?
temperature is constant at
30 Celsius lights on
25 Celsius lights off
2nd week 12/12
all clones g13 and eagle eye (jamaican strain)
thank you very much

Here's a link to an external thread that contains a lot if useful information and spectral distribution charts. Check it out. It's a good one!!

SEE: Spectral Distributions for various bulbs @
hXXp://www.gardenscure.com/420/lighting/77176-spectral-distributions-various-bulbs.html

RT

It is important to understand that Hicks chart is in reference to ideal black body radiation. Bulbs that produce light by electrically heating a resistive element approximate black body radiation reasonably well. Flouresents do not.

This is important because a leaf's chlorlplasts cannot use all the frequencies in daylight. A leaf appears green in color because green light is of less use to the chloroplasts and is reflected back to the eye.

black body radiation hXXp://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackbody_radiation
chloroplasts hXXp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloroplasts

Can anyone help me I'm running 2 23 watt daylight florescent lights for my seedlings. I plan on getting more in about 2 weeks maybe a little.longer tho will this be ok for now and will the same lights work for flowering?
And btw they are purple kush bag seeds, mistake on the bag seeds I know but on of the twos srem is slightly a reddish purple color as well as green? Anyone know about that

newbiegrower101789 said:
Can anyone help me I'm running 2 23 watt daylight florescent lights for my seedlings. I plan on getting more in about 2 weeks maybe a little.longer tho will this be ok for now and will the same lights work for flowering?
And btw they are purple kush bag seeds, mistake on the bag seeds I know but on of the twos srem is slightly a reddish purple color as well as green? Anyone know about that

ive never had that less of light b4 lol ..
usually had 2-3 32w+ t12's around.which that would be enough for sure for a bit....

i would say if you keep it close they will do for the 2wks..
and NO they will not do you for flower... seedlings n clones is what there good for..
HPS all the way my friend for flower..
what size of room you doing this in??
you getting a inline fan?
LH

I am using Mars ProII320 led, more red and IR for bloom, more blue for growth

This is full spectrum of Mars light. I did not study spectrum too much, but my girls grow very happy under this light, I harvested 1.2g/W.
s.png

This is the light spectrum of the 2 SANSI 40 W LED bulbs I presently use....

20180422193111990.jpg

How do you think about this ratio? The light is Mars SP150 that i am using.

spectrum.JPG

Latest posts

Back