Nute Study

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am not vey impressed with a friend. he has been growing since the early 80's here in cali and he is still using ff becuz its cheap and its all he knows anymore. plz for around the same price wat is a better brand that will give more of an "aroma" 2 his buds(and the cure is usually perfect)? this is anoutdoor grow. just need 2take the neighborhood 2 higher places lol

My first 3 plants were strictly FF nutes and had awesome tastes, I can't knock the line for taste.

General Organics. I went to GO because I didn't like buying good soil then blasting it with chemicals which killed all the good in it.

jmansweed said:
Test 4 Fox Farm Full line = Grow Big (6-4-4)- Tiger Bloom (2-8-4)- Big Bloom (0.01-0.3-0.7)- Open Sesame (5-45-19)- Beastie Bloomz (0-50-30) - Cha-ching (9-50-10)

Fox farm definitely suffers from this chemical kill off scenario. Two major things exposed this to me even before applications. First, all the micro-nutrients are applied through chemical composition with-in the primary grow and bloom products and they are also in Big Bloom. As microbial life is imperative in organic micro-nutrient absorption and chemicals kill microbial life we can infer that Big Bloom under these conditions produces minimal nutrient effectiveness hence most micro-nutrients must be applied chemically. Second, if we refer to the recommended feeding schedule posted on the companies web-site you'll see in week 7 and 8, they call for additional Grow Big. Remember that the majority of bacteria we're interested in are nitrogen loving and retain that specific nute for lengthy periods of time. This is exactly why many organic programs can eliminate nitrogen all together later in flowering. Here, the chemicals have eradicated these bacteria and hence eliminated nitrogen storage capacity requiring an extra dosage. This led me to restructure the schedule. I feel if your going to use chemicals you should apply them as such.

No, not organic, but does a great job and is easy to use!

Great read Jman....but I'm wondering what kind of growing medium, style and brand would work best with The Earth juice full line.
Example one:eek:cean forest organics soil or roots organics soiless mix.
Example two:black golds all organics potting soil or
sunshine mix #4....
their are so many soils or growing mediums to choose from so why not learn from somebody that knows their stuff.
Thanx again for the info u saved me alot of time and money.

wow my brain hurts now... thanks jman
i have been making teas for a couple years and i usually ad dry fertilizers like ej's bat guano's
have you ever used dry ferts for your teas? and is there a reason you use the liquid ej line?
thanks agian

this sticky is by far one of the most if not THE most informative thing i have read on any site. and it is written by a grower for growers in a form thats simple to understand but still has actual research behind it and not just an opinion. i have nothing against opinions but i prefer them backed my evidence.

depetreono said:
this sticky is by far one of the most if not THE most informative thing i have read on any site. and it is written by a grower for growers in a form thats simple to understand but still has actual research behind it and not just an opinion. i have nothing against opinions but i prefer them backed my evidence.

Yeah this place tends to Rock...:) Great peeps and loads of knowledge here.

This goes without saying but thank you jman. I joined this forum because of this thread and because I believe I had to thank you personally. So all you leeches out there(you know who you are), not the good people already registered here.......give the man props for sharing his research with us.

Holy Crap!! this is awesome - thanks for researching it and posting it - i've wondered what i've been doing wrong.

Have you ever thought about doing a botanicare vs advanced nutrients trial? Ive been really curious which one takes the cake. i personally use botanicare, but advanced nutrients does have some nice results from what ive seen.

In this most exultant article you mention that EJ has little to no customer service. Well this is exactly the case, but i would like to share a bit of an insider tip with you.

Ej is made in a warehouse near the airport in Chico, CA. EJ is part of a company chain owned by a married couple.

The "parent" company as im sure you know is called hydrorganics wholesale or "HOW" as the owners refer to it. This company is the international distributor that handles marketing and such.

Now hears how to get the best customer service;

When Tom, the inventor and owner of EJ first launched his new product line he also opened a retail chain of store to sell his ferts in. That chain is called "greenfire". Legally, there is no taxable connection between the two business, as Greenfire is in Toms wifes ownership, her name is Jeenie (spelling? like from a lamp).

So if you need support for the products call Greenfire in Chico, ca or Sacramento CA. At the Chico store ask for Ryland. Ryland is a bit eccentric but has been with Greenfire/HOW for over ten years. There is an in store policy that restricts employees from knowingly instructing on marijuana production but marijuana is most often assumed as the crop in question. If directly asked tell the clerk you are growing tomatoes in a spare bedroom, they will them assume you are growing marijuana.

This policy is to protect Tom from legal fallout. Greenfire was once owned by Tom himself. In teh mid 1990's the retail outlet was the target of an FBI investigation which targeted and survailed Greenfire and it's customers. Surveillance lead to a warrent and Tom was ordered to submit his customer data base to the FBI (Greenfire mails a lot of **** directly to customers). Tom refused and narrowly avoided a Prison term. As of the year 1999 Tom was still on probation for this unjust police action.

Tom's action regardless of his motives where nothing short of heroic. While his company policy does not allow Marijuana specific recipes they are in fact formulated for it's production.

Thanks for sharing your idea. Its a great job. People can follow the calculations for growing the plants.

may ask what the total yield was from 12 plants in 5 gallon pales with AN nutes was??

Awesome description. Concept of electrostatic is used in this topic.

Latest posts

Back