New tent need advice with what i have...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony8404

Reaction score
I finally bought a nice grow tent and i discovered so far that I am going to use a diy 6" rounddaimeter with a 4" core both 1.5' height with active carbon filter wrapped around both 6"and 4" cores. J have attached a 6" duct booster fan that is at 160 cfms with pulling air through the filters with a 6"to4" reducer.
I have that attached to my diy cool tube which is 5" diameter by 1.5' long capped with a 5" reducer to 4" for duct to connect easily. I have a reflector on it as well that I used mylar on.
For the fan I am using a stanley blower with the 3 settings on it with 2 three prong outlets with a fuse built in. I have removed the black grill to help with air flow as well as the yellow grill on the intake. Then i attached the oval yellow exhaust part to the 6" exhaust hole in the tent. Then the intake side i went ahead and connected a 6" to 4" reducer with a 4inch metal flex tubing to the other end of the light.
So far i have attached my staney using some chain with some springs to help with vibration and noise. I had made a wall in my tent using pvc for a frame and then using cardboard with mylar attached to it to make the room 2.5x2.5 growing space. I plan to test next before going further.

I am wondering if anyone may have some suggestions or advice if I am not doing something correctly, if you do not mind. Thanks

Today I did test my diy carbon filter attached to my diy cool tube to the stanley blower and my temps were at 78-79 degrees. That is with the tent open the blower on setting 3 and my wall was not installed at the time. While testing i was finishing it up and it turned out great.
I am thinking that i need to add a my second 6? duct fan as an intake along with either one or two 4" duct booster fans with each having 80cfms. Any ideas?

tony8404 said:
I finally bought a nice grow tent and i discovered so far that I am going to use a diy 6" rounddaimeter with a 4" core both 1.5' height with active carbon filter wrapped around both 6"and 4" cores. J have attached a 6" duct booster fan that is at 160 cfms with pulling air through the filters with a 6"to4" reducer.
I have that attached to my diy cool tube which is 5" diameter by 1.5' long capped with a 5" reducer to 4" for duct to connect easily. I have a reflector on it as well that I used mylar on.
For the fan I am using a stanley blower with the 3 settings on it with 2 three prong outlets with a fuse built in. I have removed the black grill to help with air flow as well as the yellow grill on the intake. Then i attached the oval yellow exhaust part to the 6" exhaust hole in the tent. Then the intake side i went ahead and connected a 6" to 4" reducer with a 4inch metal flex tubing to the other end of the light.
So far i have attached my staney using some chain with some springs to help with vibration and noise. I had made a wall in my tent using pvc for a frame and then using cardboard with mylar attached to it to make the room 2.5x2.5 growing space. I plan to test next before going further.

I am wondering if anyone may have some suggestions or advice if I am not doing something correctly, if you do not mind. Thanks

Today I did test my diy carbon filter attached to my diy cool tube to the stanley blower and my temps were at 78-79 degrees. That is with the tent open the blower on setting 3 and my wall was not installed at the time. While testing i was finishing it up and it turned out great.
I am thinking that i need to add a my second 6? duct fan as an intake along with either one or two 4" duct booster fans with each having 80cfms. Any ideas?

good day tony... hows she banggin.. get rid of them duct fans.. the boosters there no good.good for boosting. invest in inline.. what size of light you got.... 400??600?? 400w you should be good with 180cfm.. grab yourself a 200cfm inline and that will help you with your heat issuse..;)
LH

sorry took so long to respond i woke up late for work and i cannot check this site at work either lol. I am using a 400w hps, when i tested last night seemed okay. I wonder though about the duct booster 180cfm fan i have connected to the scrubber to my light. because it sits right on the scrubber built into it and is at the end of the cool tube which is far away from the stanley blower. I feel it maybe helping more then not helping but i am no expert in ventilation. do you think the 180cfm duct booster 6" fan helps or is not helping?

tony8404 said:
sorry took so long to respond i woke up late for work and i cannot check this site at work either lol. I am using a 400w hps, when i tested last night seemed okay. I wonder though about the duct booster 180cfm fan i have connected to the scrubber to my light. because it sits right on the scrubber built into it and is at the end of the cool tube which is far away from the stanley blower. I feel it maybe helping more then not helping but i am no expert in ventilation. do you think the 180cfm duct booster 6" fan helps or is not helping?

i have never used a "duct/booster/fan" for an hps b4.. i have only used then to cool a small cab.. and it barley did the job for that.. to be honest.. i think there garbage personally.. i use inline fans.. i have have a 634cfm and a 200cfm.. the 600 was a freebie fo i have it diealed down to 200cfm.. to meet my possitive air flow.. which is 200cfm..
what were your temps? if its wrking .. follow the same old saying.. if it aint broke then why fix it.. ... a picture or 2 or your venting set up would be nice to see.. better idea.. theres alot of people who have there scrubber inside the tent.. i have mine outside.. the air blows out it instead of getting sucked through.. dont have the room inside for it;) ....
by rights you want your intake to meet your exhaust...
LH

zipflip said:
i too thought of this but im seeing it gettin plugged up wit dust etc, sooner than havin it sucked thru dust filter...,
do you have any probs with yours

Nope...... i have a dust filter on my Air in.... no dust,no pest,no pollen....
i think i showed you a pic of er... wrks great.. and i have the extra head room in me tent as i need.. :D
LH
dust filter constist of:
1/4" chicken wire.
panty hose
cut up furnace filter
cotton batton.
end cap..
zip ties..
all the left overs from makin my carbon filter lol :)

I do not understand guys. I have my scrubber attached to a 6" duct booster fan that is 180cfm going to my 400 watt hps cool tube. i use the duct fan to help pull the air through the scrubber just to help it out and it does.
From the 6" fan it reduces to 4" to the 5" cool tube. then goes out the other end of cool tube which is connected to a 4" flex duct that goes directly to the stanley blower i have which is on the highest setting 3. The blower works great but when i put my hand by the exhaust hole on the outside of the tent which is 6" i feel the air coming out but it is not warm or hot air at all. It seems like the air just goes over the light bulb without pulling heat off..... why is that? when i put my hand by the cool tube by the bulb i can feel the heat and my temp is at about 80 degrees or 2 degrees less. but that is with the tent door open, it gets worse when closed. What am i doing wrong?

If i take off the scrubber and let the 4" flex duct just be there pulling air directly into the flex tube no difference.. I know the stanley blower setting 3 is at least from what i read over 100 cfm easily. help please...

tony8404 said:
I do not understand guys. I have my scrubber attached to a 6" duct booster fan that is 180cfm going to my 400 watt hps cool tube. i use the duct fan to help pull the air through the scrubber just to help it out and it does.
From the 6" fan it reduces to 4" to the 5" cool tube. then goes out the other end of cool tube which is connected to a 4" flex duct that goes directly to the stanley blower i have which is on the highest setting 3. The blower works great but when i put my hand by the exhaust hole on the outside of the tent which is 6" i feel the air coming out but it is not warm or hot air at all. It seems like the air just goes over the light bulb without pulling heat off..... why is that? when i put my hand by the cool tube by the bulb i can feel the heat and my temp is at about 80 degrees or 2 degrees less. but that is with the tent door open, it gets worse when closed. What am i doing wrong?

ok what the heck is a stanley blower?? pics????? pics of your set up???
scrubber inside conect to cooltube.. other end hook on your "best" fan... to suck.. your other fan use as air in.. this air must be cool... your exhaust must not vent out anywhere near where your intake can pic it up.. duct fans are crap.. sry.. not to be rude.. but they are not what they claim for cfm and dont cut it for the job.. been through 2... b4 i got my 200cfm..... try that door closed. do you have an osculating fan blowing as well in there to move air??
LH

Latest posts

Back