Advice needed on topping the Skunk!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-rex

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have 2 Kings Kush, 1 Purple Urkle, and 1 Skunk OG which vegged for 9 wks and were put into 12/12 2 days ago. As you can see in the pics the center stalk of the Skunk just went nuts and is messing up my whole canopy. I would like to top it or maybe LST it. I've never messed with LST. If I top it, exactly where do I cut? I don't want to mess the lady up for sure! I figure since I'm only into 2 days of flowering I better take care of this now.

Thanks in advance for your advice,
T-rex #72

P1010004.JPG

P1010006.JPG

P1010007.JPG

I wld use LST...if you top it now you will lose yield...do like pc said...bend her over and bring the light down...

What I don't understand is why she stretched and the other 3 are compact and bushy? right now she's only 6-7 inches away from light. I don't understand how she could stretch like this since she's been under the 600 w hps 12" away from her for over 5 weeks! What is the best way to bend and anchor her, since I've never done this?

Once again, thanks all for your advice.

T-rex

T-rex said:
What I don't understand is why she stretched and the other 3 are compact and bushy? right now she's only 6-7 inches away from light. I don't understand how she could stretch like this since she's been under the 600 w hps 12" away from her for over 5 weeks! What is the best way to bend and anchor her, since I've never done this?

Once again, thanks all for your advice.

T-rex

I drill holes around the edge of the pot lip about an inch between each...then use pipe cleaners to slowly bend the branches over...securing the pipe cleaner in the drilled holes...I bend her pretty good the first time but not enough to really stress the branch too much, then the next day I bring it down again some and keep doing this till she is where i want her at...

Hamster Lewis said:
I drill holes around the edge of the pot lip about an inch between each...then use pipe cleaners to slowly bend the branches over...securing the pipe cleaner in the drilled holes...I bend her pretty good the first time but not enough to really stress the branch too much, then the next day I bring it down again some and keep doing this till she is where i want her at...

I just need to bend the center stem, so just attach some pipe cleaners together, bend her over and attach to side of pot. Then adjust daily to wanted position. Correct?

T-rex

Thanks Buddy, that's exactly what I needed, a simple picture! Now I got it.
Hampster, why do you think the plant grew like that under the conditions it was in? Is it just the Skunk OG strain?

T-rex said:
Thanks Buddy, that's exactly what I needed, a simple picture! Now I got it.
Hampster, why do you think the plant grew like that under the conditions it was in? Is it just the Skunk OG strain?

If everything was the way you described it then it sounds like it might be strain related...I hve some strains not jump much once in the flower tent and then i hve had a cpl that 2 days in were 6 inches taller...I just bend the branches over and try and keep my canopy as even as i can...

Yupperz,

I think the skunk stretch is probably strain related, T... Some strains imo either just do better for outdoor grows and/or they require special measures to tame indoors. I've got a cut of a strain called Candy Kush that I haven't flowered yet but I was reading online that one guy who vegged CK for 8 days in a 2 gal pot and then flowered it and it went from 8" to 38"...:eek: but he got 3 zones off of each plant too... so that sounds like one amazing plant for production but the key is to flower it with much less veg than you would with stouter strain. Judging by the Grand Canyon wide lengths between internodes/bud sites thats a similar strain with KRAZY s-t-r-e-t-c-h!:hubba: It looks like Blue Cheese... OUTTA control! Super Silver Haze is another one that you have to flower very small and/or use LST to keep it under control... It's some work but most of these produce buds that make it more than worthwhile...:D

:holysheep:

Like everyone's sayin' all you can do now is tie it down and bend it little by little over the next couple weeks so you can lower your lights and help out more of your canopy... And/or raise all the other plants individually... I have a collection of old hard plastic hard drive cases, boards, reinforced boxes, & buckets that I stack my plants on to get the shorter ones closer to the light...;)

Peace!:cool:

If you're gonna' top a skunk you first have to move his tail out of the way, then.......
(I could'nt resist.)

Latest posts

Back