Auto light schedule

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dman1234

Ok folks i know nothing about growing autos. So i have heard that Auto's like to stay in 18-6 light schedule, my question is i have only one auto seed and was gonna run it with my next batch of regular phtoperiod strains, how will it do if it goes 5 weeks of 24-0 and then finnish 12-12 ?

i plan to veg my regular seeds 5 weeks and then flip them, and was hoping to just toss this in the mix, opinions??

Its prob gonna hurt our yield but it can be done.... I found my autos did better under 20/4 then 18/6... plus BIG pot from day 1.... 2+gal will help since finishing under 12/12 light....

thanks Jaam,

im wondering now if i should leave it in 24-0 for the 5 weeks and then when im ready to flip the lights i could set it in a bright window for the 12 hrs my lights are out, so it would get 24-0 all the way, 12 hours under my lights and 12 or so hours of window light.

or even throw it under some floros when my big lights go out.

Worth a shot.... 12/12 will def hurt the yield so i cant see how some extra sunlight will hurt anything....?

I wld supplement the auto with sunlight if feasible....any extra light shld help...my favorite light schedule with autos was also 20-4.

My Autos also get done on 24/7 for the whole grow. If you have somewhere with direct sunlight then I would put them there when its lights out in the grow area.

How many autos do you have?

just one, it came as a freebie in the recent Tude special.

im sure there are a few with just one auto from this promo. LOL

If that is the case then just buy a high watt CFL and hang it in the wardrobe while the others are in lights out. That or put it near the window. A CFL wont cost you much and will do fine for the 12 hours of dark.

Jericho said:
If that is the case then just buy a high watt CFL and hang it in the wardrobe while the others are in lights out. That or put it near the window. A CFL wont cost you much and will do fine for the 12 hours of dark.

i ve got 2 big floros i never use, i think thats what i will do, it wont be for very long after it sits under the veg lights for 5 or 6 weeks anways.

Thanks all

I grew a couple of autos with some regular plants last fall. I had them all on the same schedule. 600w hps 18/6 for two weeks then12/12 The auto's, I started from seed and the other plants were clones. After 8 weeks of flowering, all 8 of my plants were almost identical in size (30"). My yield was enough to last me all winter. I need to start another grow soon as I only have about an ounce left.

I just read Jerichos grow journal(great stuff). I wonder if Nirvana's JH auto is really an auto. I grew mine exactly the same as non auto and had good results by forcing it to flower. I wonder if it would have auto flowered on it's own? Mine also came from Nirvana and I see they have prettty much eliminated their strain of autos except for som low ryders.

Llama said:
I just read Jerichos grow journal(great stuff). I wonder if Nirvana's JH auto is really an auto. I grew mine exactly the same as non auto and had good results by forcing it to flower. I wonder if it would have auto flowered on it's own? Mine also came from Nirvana and I see they have prettty much eliminated their strain of autos except for som low ryders.

Nirvana had some issues with thier autos and had to pull them. I have 3 of the JHs running now and had to switch to 12/12 to make them flower. They are doing great as a 12/12 but dissapointing as I was hoping for some early smoke.

dman1234 said:
Ok folks i know nothing about growing autos. So i have heard that Auto's like to stay in 18-6 light schedule, my question is i have only one auto seed and was gonna run it with my next batch of regular phtoperiod strains, how will it do if it goes 5 weeks of 24-0 and then finnish 12-12 ?

i plan to veg my regular seeds 5 weeks and then flip them, and was hoping to just toss this in the mix, opinions??
I'm assumeing you would use an mh bulb for the veg stage of your 12/12's. If that is the case your auto will not like it. Autos start to flower almost immediately & need the red/orange spectrum of a hps. I started out useing mh too w/ less than good results, now I use hps the full grow.

thanks, i sat the auto seed aside for awhile, maybe pop it in the fall

Latest posts

Back