Auto Flower questions?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenboy87

Reaction score
I am growing some autoflowers but before i get going i am to understand that these plants can grow under a 24/7 lighting schedule because i see that some people say 20/4 or even 22/2, I will be growing with LED sooo i would just like someone to let me know because i plan to grow 24/7???

Autos can be grown under various light schedules but I prefer either 20-4 or 24-0....18-6 is the lowest amount of light I wld use but some put them in 12-12 with there regular photo period plants.

ok cool, some of the things i have been reading have been a bit misleading, its good to know that i can do a 24/7 cycle, due to a full time job, any suggestions on nutes, from what i have read Fox Farms seems to be the easiest and highest recommended, what have you used on your autos?

One thing that helps with auto's from what I have read everywhere is to start them it the pots you are going finish them in. Transplanting effects your yield. Just wanted to throw that in there. Hope it helps. Good luck! :48:

i am doing a StealthHydro Bubbleponic system with the 4" pots, should i do a 5 or 8 pot configuration and i plan on doing a 1-2-3 system and sticking to only auto for a while, being they arent a very large plant, i didnt think being that close (8) to each other would really affect its yeild etc.?????

glenboy87 said:
i am doing a StealthHydro Bubbleponic system with the 4" pots, should i do a 5 or 8 pot configuration and i plan on doing a 1-2-3 system and sticking to only auto for a while, being they arent a very large plant, i didnt think being that close (8) to each other would really affect its yeild etc.?????

How big is your grow space and how much light do you hve? You want at least 3000 lumens a sqr foot during veg and at least 5000 lumens a sqr foot during flower. You also need to properly exchange the air in your grow space.

i have a grow tent 5x4x7 and im going to be using the mixed (red,blue) spectrum LEDs i believe its the 46 count and the specs for the light said it would grow a 30 sq ft area, and i also will be using a 4in exhaust fan with the carbon filter, ive been searching the web for hrs on end and have found the best deals i believe for the $$$. the light is the only thing im unsure about, but if its not enough i have no problem buying and second one, i will be buying another complete set up like i have going up now if it works out right and then a third and do a real scale size of the 1-2-3 and be producing my favorites all year....... hopefully, my idea seems to work on paper soo its just a matter of time to see if i will be successful, quite frankly i wont stop till i do get it right soooo lol i hope this wont be too hard of a road for me. :)

Thanks, i will deff put some pics up when everything has gotton here and is set up.

Power Supply AC100-250V 30W
Output Voltage 40V
Frequency 47-63Hz
LED Qty 225pcs
Color Red and Blue
LED Bulbs Power 0.2w x 225 LEDs (45w in total)
Lumen(Red/Blue) Red: 14Lux x 165LEDs (2310lux in total)
Blue: 13Lux x 60 LEDs (780lux in total)
Wavelength Red: 660nm
Blue: 450nm
LEDs Diameter 5mm
Working Temperature -10 to 50 degree Celsius
Working Humidity Less than 95%
Power Cord Length 25 inch
Light Panel Size 12" L x 12" W x 1/4" H

thats the specs from the light i ordered. and its only 129.99

what are the NECESSARY light spectrums for the autos, can i do a straght 660nm or do i also have to have the blue 440 also for the veg state, cause i know the 660 if for flowering???

There is absolutely no way that that amount of light is going to adequately light 30 sq ft. It is stuff like this that gives LED manufacturers/salespeople a bad name. I wouldn't go much bigger than the panel size for my space and keep them really close to the top of your plants.

If you are going to buy more lights, I would recommend looking into T5s and HPS. I haven't heard any good things at all about lower wattage LEDs. Some people are getting some results from the 3watt bulbs for vegging. I haven't seen a total LED grow that I was impressed with.

The one reason i wanted to go with LED is because of the benefits of the low heat, i dont want to buy $400 in lights and equipment to find myself dealing with heat issues, i might sound a bit stupid saying that but it is what it is, i work full time soo i need something thats a bit set it and forget it something i can tend to when i get off at night.

Check in with staffy bro....I believe he is rocking LEDs and getting impressive results....

I often wondered the light schedule and after finding out 18/6 is minimum i decided totally against low yeilding autos v's electricity used as an absolute waste of my valuble time.
Lol
Im not knocking those who chose them each to their own i suposse,
T4

Actually, clones can give you almost the same turn around with a lot better quality.

Im sooo new to the growing side of pot and im starting on a budget, ive freed up some cash so i am going for a little better and bigger equipment (days and day of researching), but do to work and such i need something easier than normal plants i guess you could say (light cycles, nutes etc.) to where i can get off the ground, and get some experience i think i would be more confident that way, plus i have a very very limited space lol

Hey glenboy. I see you are on a budget so I figured I would give you this thread for Blue Mountain Organics. They can only be bought on ebay. I have read review after review on these so I bought some. My plants love the stuff. They can also be dumped into your reservoir. Great price! Just copy and paste into your browser. Change the xx to tt and have a look. Perfect for a tight budget.

hxxp://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4712.m570.l1313&_nkw=Organic+Fertilizer+Combo+Deal+by+BMO%2C+Super+Plant+Tonic&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Good luck! Green mojo headed your way! :headbang2:

The Hemp Goddess said:
Actually, clones can give you almost the same turn around with a lot better quality.

:yeahthat:

When you get your game down you can keep a quick finishing Mom and take cuts off her. Get the cuts to throw roots and then a quick veg and flip and you can be cropping out in 70 days total. The trick is getting a dank strain that finishes in 6.5-7 weeks of flower. They are out there though.
Not knocking autos just pointing out that they ain't the only game in town for those folks looking for a quick turn around.

225 x .2w leds.
Thats about as much light as a candle lit dinner has.

And I know, and have studied LEDs.

To big of an area for LEDs to grow in. Your going to need some muscle. Lights more important than heat. Might have to make the sacrifice. People are growing outdoors in heat of 105 in some places. So you have room from normal house temp to play with before it does any harm.

Latest posts

Back