first time grower and a few questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katzenjammer

Reaction score
okay so i wanna grow a few plants in pots but do it outdoors on my porch. it gets a good deal of sun a majority pf the day and it also gets most of its sun time from sunrise until about noonish. i've tried looking up somethings but alotta web pages didnt have the answers i was seeking so here are a few i hope can be answered soon. thank you

1) i have a descent amount of seeds to start off with but some are black an some are white, whats the difference if there are any and if so what are the best to use? most of the seeds are from descent stuff nothing exotic.

2)whats a good size pot? i was figuring 3 gallon should be good enough to put about 2-3 seeds in. i also plan on using a potting soil and miracle grow and a sand mix. medium vermiculite for food after the a month or so after its started to grow.

3) i know growing takes time 3-5 months depending on the plant, but how do i know its reach its potential? few people have told me this and that, that i just get confused so if anyone could dumb it down for me that would be awesome as well.

other than that all pointers and tips are always appreciated

I think that the plants are going to need more light than what they can get on a porch that gets most of its light from sunrise until noon. The strongest light is in the afternoon.

You should also never put more than 1 plant in 1 pot.

You will want to stay away from any soil that has nutrients in it (like most Miracle Grow soil). In addition, vermiculite is not a food and has no nutrients.

I also would never sped 3-5 months growing bagseed from "decent stuff". Bagseed is famous for hermying and quality genetics are not that much.

I suggest that you do some basic reading to understand the life cycle of marijuana and what it needs to grow.

thanks for the links, someone told me morning sun was best but i'll def keep that in mind. only seeds i have are from the street and i dont have any access or funds to buy any high quality seeds. due to how times are i wanna grow outside and keep the bills down. do you know of a site that would be good for beginners for outdoor planting?

You are at the right site to learn. You just need to read. Read read read. Start with the stickies threads, then just keep reading thread in the outdoor section and you can learn from others experiences. I also agree with what THG previously responded.

Latest posts

Back