whats a better cross?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mamba3164

Reaction score
I have three options here but i dont want to waste to much of my lady so i can only choose one. The lady is a g-13 freebie I got. I can either cross her with super silver haze, aurora indica, or another heavy indica a very nice grower hooked me up with. I was thinking of going with the indicas because i hate waiting 12 weeks. but it is ssh and its hard not to choose him. any thoughts.

take bread ties and mark 3 different branchs with 3 different colors and make crosses with each one. That way you have all threee and can grow out the seeds to find the one cross you like the best

I agree with Ozzy. You can selectively pollinate just 1 bud each with different pollen and end up with tons of seeds.

i only have 2 g13's and due to my lack of a veg room they are not very big. so I do not want to waste 3 of the 4 buds on her. and her sister is way to pretty to get pregers. its a toughie and thats why im asking.

Maybe you are not understanding--First, you are not going to ruin a plant. Second, you can take the "pretty" plant and selectively pollinate just a very small portion of it. Third, but the most important, if you are making seeds, you should pollinate your very best plant--not one with only 4 buds on it.

lol im not new to this. ive been breeding for years and years. I have one bud on one g13 and i am willing to sacrifice to make a cross and keep some of the g13 genetics. its very simple i have 3 pollens and one mom. Just looking for advice on what would make a better cross. if i could cross the whole thing i would. but i cant. and im a purist so pure sensimilla cant be seeded at all. so my pretty g13 can not be touched by any dirty harrys. i simply wont allow it. and by 4 buds i mean 4 branches. i am going to use one branch all bud sites.

If you are not new to breeding then why ask a newbie question?

its not a newbie question. its a poll. there are simply 3 options i have. id like advice on it. maybe someone else has tried a similiar cross. with good or bad results. its not a how to cross question, its a what to do question. i get one shot and im having issues making a decision on my own.

she is going to run 9-10 weeks. very light green and very close to a citrus sour diesel smell. I think im going to go heavy Indica. The dad looks great and hes busy making fresh pollen so thats my main reason why. plus i have a ton of AI and SSH crosses already going. Im thinking of doing a cheese cross too. super silver cheese sounds interesting to me. just dont want to loose that cheese smell.

My wife be saying she cant stand the cheeze smells everytime I come to bed with me socks on! Oh well what to do :(

Yankin ankle pilgrem enjoyin yur fire.

BWD

its not what I want. Its what they want:) If it was up to me id hash everything every grow. but it is what it is.

Sorry friend just be jokin for the most part. We will do what we can to helps yual out!

BWD

like 10 replies and not a single one of you gave me any thing close to an answer. well Dan K gave me a half answer. but honestly isnt that sad to any of you? such a simple question with a simple pick one of 3 answer and no one could manage that. simply a shame.

We gave you answer just not what you wanted to hear. You can cross any of the 3 and you might get the next great hybrid or get junk thats just the way making seeds go.

If you want a poll then add one to your thread. just click on the "Go Advanced" button and whenthe screen loads find the button for adding a poll. that is the only way you will get a poll answer

seem to be alot this kinda stuff goin on in these here threads? Folk be getti there britches in a bunch over the silly, must be shift in moon or planets guess. Folk be a little wrapped tighter these past couple days. Hope everyone gets to pipe little and just go with the flow. It will turn in time guess.

BWD

no its just something ive noticed over the last 4 years here. Its seems like every question anyone asks is answered the same way. with alot of opinions on how they would do a thing with little knowledge of specifics. each grower has his own thing. and simple questions seem to get answered in a way that rarely seems to mach the actual question. ive read countless threads where newbies ask questions and get a ton of garbage thrown at them and eventually they do what most do and just learn on the fly. its like pulling teeth in a way. And this is not everyone. there are plenty of people who do know what their saying and do give great answers and help. just a thought.some times less is more.

Latest posts

Back