Mycorrhizal fungi and Black Strap Molasses.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puasurfs

da kine brah
Reaction score
:ciao: Aloha Fellow MPer's~

I apologize here... I didn't know where to post this MJ-Nutrition query and I am heading to the store tomorrow so...

I am 6 days into flowering a few strains that will go btwn. 55-75 days. I was wondering if it was too late to use that Great White Shark (Mycorrhizal fungi)? I just wanted to maybe use it a time or two and see if it made any difference, if its not too late. :confused2:

Also, I was wondering when (or even IF) I should use Black Strap Molasses as a nutritional supplement? Wasn't sure if it was towards the end or...

:evil: Mahalo~

Question on the BSM...are you organic? If not organic, molasses will do little if any good for your grow. Molasses is cal/mag (and some other goodies, I'm sure) but it is broken down in the soil by the beneficial stuff in the soil (not too tech savvy, but that's the basic jist I get from what I've read). If not organic, no stuff to break down the molasses.

The GWS...not sure, but I think it adds to organic soil and helps the soil feed the gal. IF this is the case, and if organic, I can't see it hurting, not sure it'll help. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will jump in and help on this.

When growing organically I use Mycorrhizal Beneficial Bacteria when I plant seed, transplant from one container to another and maybe once during veg but that is all I use it.

Molasses feeds the soil/beneficial bacteria and I use this once a week when watering and in my teas.

I am not an organic grower but it is my understanding that the beneficials will not be of much help at all if added past the last 4-5 weeks as they don't have time to do their job of chelating nutrients from the soil, and if you are in a limited amount of soil then it will probably be mostly depleted anyway. If you are running organic then you should already have a good microherd. The best thing to add would be organic tea, or if you suspect for some reason that the microbes are wiped out then add in some already chelated bloom nutrients. Just my semi-educated opinion :)

here's a very thorough explanation if you really want to know. lookout ...it's a read...

hXXp://cropsoil.psu.edu/sylvia/mycorrhiza

:ciao: Thanks everyone~

I am not organic, per se' however, my soil does contain "organic" matter, ie., bat and sea bird guano, kelp, fish emulsification, blood and bone meal, alfalfa, and other stuff too, so... I do have "stuff" workin in there plenny.

Anyway, thanks for the input and the links. I read that (long essay/paper) from the 3LB yesterday. Excellent read!

:smoke1: Mahalo~

I use the Mycro stuff when putting the clones outside. Makes the roots grow like crazy. I think I use almost a quarter cup at planting, mixing it in around the clone roots and lots below the roots.

tcbud said:
I use the Mycro stuff when putting the clones outside. Makes the roots grow like crazy. I think I use almost a quarter cup at planting, mixing it in around the clone roots and lots below the roots.

:ciao: thanks tc~

I guess the general consensus is it's too late to use it so I will tuck away this info and use it for the next time.

Appreciate ya stoppin by~

puasurfs said:
:ciao: thanks tc~

I guess the general consensus is it's too late to use it so I will tuck away this info and use it for the next time.

Appreciate ya stoppin by~

I am very much an amateur (hence the name) but my two cents worth is go ahead and find and use some unsulphered blackstrap molasses. I have used it regularly my last 3 grows, starting about 2 to 3 weeks into flower, and I am a firm believer. I have no scientific evidence to quote but I truly believe I am getting bigger buds due to the molasses. I AM totally organic though.

AG

Latest posts

Back