Question about autoflowering plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuy103

Praying for a female!
Reaction score
Sup everyone. Quick question. What's the longest you've let your auto plant go?

I got some diesel ryders at 56 days which means I got 7 days until the recommended harvest time(65days). But I want the 60%amber:40%milky ratio. My trichs are mostly cloudy with some clear. I would say I have a 85%cloudy:15%clear ratio. And if i'm lucky I'll see a light brown, amber, or a cloudy trich turning amber. So I'm guessing I should harvest at 77+ days?

Stop worrying about the days,,,use your Trich color to decide on your Harvest time. The days mean nothing if your Triches arnt where ya want them.;)
You answered your own question right here..
I want the 60%amber:40%milky ratio
I will say that 60% amber may be more Couch Lock then ya like. Then again,,if thats what yur after,,go for it. I would say the other way around would be better. Remember,,,Amber means the THC is degrading. If yur looking for a Heady High,,Ya want more Cloudy and less Amber. For a Body high ya want more Amber.

the 65 is just a recomendation, as plant growth will vary depending on numerous variables. Sounds like you've got a handle on the Trichs though, and thats what I would go by for best results. I never actually keep a recorded calender of my grows....I just let the plant tell me when its ready to flower via node growth, and when its ready to harvest via the Trichs.

CowboyBudsky said:
Stop worrying about the days,,,use your Trich color to decide on your Harvest time. The days mean nothing if your Triches arnt where ya want them.;)
You answered your own question right here.. I will say that 60% amber may be more Couch Lock then ya like. Then again,,if thats what yur after,,go for it. I would say the other way around would be better. Remember,,,Amber means the THC is degrading. If yur looking for a Heady High,,Ya want more Cloudy and less Amber. For a Body high ya want more Amber.

LOL. Thanks. But I do have patience. I mean, I've been patient this long. I think I can wait a couple more days. :D

I have four plants, so I'm going to harvest one at 9 weeks. I like the heady high because I can still do stuff. But I love that couch-lock stuff. :hubba: Maybe I'll go 50:50.

I was just wondering how long it takes to reach that 60:40 point(generally speaking). What has been the experience of other auto growers?

UKgirl420 said:
hi cuy103 i found with my autos i never got more than 40 % amber on any of them ,,,maybe it was me :rolleyes:

the longest i let one go was 11.5 weeks

I have a feeling I might have the same experience as you. I have a feeling mine wont get real amber, maybe that's how auto's are. Maybe I'll let one of them go for 12+ weeks.

How was the smoke on the 11.5 week?

I'm gonna have to try an autoflower.....my ultimate indica has been in veg for what seems like 11 weeks now...lol

Latest posts

Back