Jock Horror auto did not auto.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jericho

Reaction score
So the title says it all.

I have 3 of them, nice and bushy and healthy but they just have not gone into flowering, they are 33 days old, My MI5 showed flowering at about 21 days or less.

Should i try swiching to 12/12, i can see they are all female just no hairs, They have not been pollinated either.

Any ideas anyone? Has anyone grown these before, I know that niteshft is having the same problem with seeds bought from the same dispensary.

I have a MI5 and himalaya blue diesel auto in the same tent.

My problem is room with a 12/12 strain. Something will have to go, Have a look on last page of my GJ to get an idea of the room and plants.

Thanks in advanced guys.

i wish i knew more about autos to be helpful...

good luck buddy!!

Jericho its time brother you will soon enter the world of 12/12 only thing i can say is clone her now, veg them wilst you flower you autos then flip them how long do your autos have left, say if they have 6 weeks, cloning will take 2/3weeks plus 3/4 weeks veg thats a nice little harvest plus you dont need to buy any seeds
peace fruity
the choice is your

Thanks fruity.

My MI5 has about 5 weeks left give or take depending on trichs, I only just started the HBD, its about 12 days old only so it will suffer.

So you think i should take some cuttings from the JH, and start them off and get rid of the plants i take the cuttings from.

I will have to set up a bubble cloner today then and try get some roots showing up.

Edited to make easier to understand.

My wifes cat at my jock horrors. They didnt auto either. When I got home, I saw 5 stems poking about 12 inches out of the soil. Not a single leaf left.

I've got 3 batches of autos from nirvana. The jocks didn't auto, and the blue mystics I've got flowering now didn't auto either. I'm just running as photoperiod.

Good luck Jericho. Heard the jock is decent smoke. There was another grower here who took clones from a non-auto'ing auto. I saved a few clippings from the mystics in case it ends up being good smoke. They are currently in the fridge until I find out how she smokes.

man that sucks. seems like i've been reading alot of auto's that didn't auto threads lately.

Soo where would be best to take a cutting from?

Is it the newest of the branches forming off the bigger branches? or one of the branches off the main stem?

Jericho said:
....So you think i should take some clones from the JH, and start them off and get rid of the "mothers" the clones came from?

I'm confused....what mothers did you get clones from?

The Hemp Goddess said:
I'm confused....what mothers did you get clones from?

I apologise for the bad terminology. When i said mother i meant the JH that did not auto that i was advised to take cuttings from

Should i take cuttings from the 3 JH that did not auto and then get rid of the plant i took cuttings from.

That is what i meant. That is what i think i shall have to do due to lack of space and now having auto's and non auto strains in same tent.

OOO...I know THIS one...

Take the cuttings from the newest growth (you can afford).

benamucc said:
OOO...I know THIS one...

Take the cuttings from the newest growth (you can afford).

Hehe, thanks ben, How many nodes do you usually leave above the cut?

haha...well...it depends...i've taken some really small ones (2 nodes) out of necessity before, but i really think the bigger the better IMO. i've had friends who love to make MONSTER clones, but that's off of a dedicated mother plant.

like i said it's what you can afford to take off the plant you're planning to flower!! IMO ;)

i take cuts from the bottom. if you plan to flower the mother the lowest branches will most likely produce less bud anyway. i normally trim lower branches off before i flower a plant weather it was for clones on not.

slowmo is absolutely right too! :yeahthat:

my personal experience is that the lower branches that i've taken for clones can be up to 2 weeks behind the upper branches in terms of rooting, and new growth. i get nervous about any clones that take longer than 2 weeks to show some vigor...

This is hard hehe. These seem to be my options

1. I can either Flower the Jh's that did not auto buy switching to 12/12 but then my MI5 & HBD Auto will lack a good yield.

2. Take cuttings off the JH's and then get rid of the plants i took the cuttings off, prep them and veg while the MI5 & HBD finishes its run in about 5 weeks then put the clones i would have taken into flower after.

you could just let the non auto's veg while your auto's finish up then flower the non auto's under 12/12. if the height is gonna be an issue trim the top and/or LST to meet your height needs.

Ya Ben it does take a few more days sometimes for the older branches to root. i scraped the stem on a couple i just took to see if it helps but im really in no rush. just figured i'd try something new.

Hmm, hight is not a problem because my tent is 7ft. They just seem to be getting really bushy. They are already nearly 5 weeks old. If i left them till the MI5 finishes they would veg for nearly 10 weeks.

I am being forced into the 12/12 life of growing without a choice hehe.

You can also store some of the cuttings in ziplock bags in the fridge for months. I've never personally done it, but someone had started a thread before the crash about storing cuttings. JAAM or maybe hamster started it. I don't have room for the clones I took, so in labeled bags in the fridge incase it's good. I'll root them and veg them out with my next grow if it's good smile. If not, dumpster here they come.

just keep them trimmed so they don't block light from your auto's and let them go.. then when all the auto's are done let'em rip on 12/12.

Latest posts

Back