Lst With Auto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipsngravy

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experiance doing lst with autos.........

I currently am growing lowryder which should be finished in a few weeks, I'm having difficulty getting more of the lowryder seeds, I don't have room for anything bigger than lowryder really but I was considering getting another auto strain and trying lst. anyone have any experiance with this or could recommend any strains.

I'm thinking auto because I'm pretty new and space is a difficulty + I have experiance growing an auto already.

chipsngravy said:
Does anyone have any experiance doing lst with autos.........

I currently am growing lowryder which should be finished in a few weeks, I'm having difficulty getting more of the lowryder seeds, I don't have room for anything bigger than lowryder really but I was considering getting another auto strain and trying lst. anyone have any experiance with this or could recommend any strains.

I'm thinking auto because I'm pretty new and space is a difficulty + I have experiance growing an auto already.
I'm also wondering about this... My strain is il diavolo and from what I can tell, is going to be short and compact... Was thinking about eventually using LST to spread her out a bit!?

I could be mistaken, but LSTon an already short auto wouldn't be much good? Again, I am only thinking aloud here and could be mistaken. If you're wanting to go LST, why not try a short non-auto plant and see how that works out? Pineapple Express is a shorty IME, and great taste and high. I can't imagine an auto being much easier to grow than a regular plant, aside from light schedule.

Gixxerman, I don't think LST will spread her much, just slow her overall progress....my opinion and remember, I have no experience with autos.

im growing RRF right now and it stayed real short. it's 55 days old today and is under 12in tall and should yeild nearly an oz.

this is my first auto grow so im not sure about the LST with auto's. i don't see why you couldn't give it a try if you see your gonna run short on height. if you do decide to try do a journal so others can see how your doing it.. thanks and good luck

Well i had to tie up my Mi5 as it was just shooting upwards and not spreading out at all, Only did it to make sure the lower buds got some light.

I think its a good idea to do, My Mi5 is working well now its in bud and compared to last time i grew it the lower buds are getting much more light.

Roddy said:
I could be mistaken, but LSTon an already short auto wouldn't be much good? Again, I am only thinking aloud here and could be mistaken. If you're wanting to go LST, why not try a short non-auto plant and see how that works out? Pineapple Express is a shorty IME, and great taste and high. I can't imagine an auto being much easier to grow than a regular plant, aside from light schedule.

Gixxerman, I don't think LST will spread her much, just slow her overall progress....my opinion and remember, I have no experience with autos.
I was thinking along these lines as well, especially with their already short life span, pretty sure I'll just leave her alone... Thx:D

Jericho said:
Well i had to tie up my Mi5 as it was just shooting upwards and not spreading out at all, Only did it to make sure the lower buds got some light.

I think its a good idea to do, My Mi5 is working well now its in bud and compared to last time i grew it the lower buds are getting much more light.
Is mi5 an auto strain? Notice any slowing of growth?

Jericho said:
Well i had to tie up my Mi5 as it was just shooting upwards and not spreading out at all...

My RRFs are doing the same thing at day 35. I looked at slomo's pics and his are bushier than mine. I'm not sure that tying them would do me much good in that they're only about 7 inches at this point.

I think it depends if you get a tall pheno, The Mi5 i have grown tend to get rather tall about 24 inches buy chop (They stretch in flower), so lower buds tend to get a little less light if you dont spread them out.
The RRF i never needed to as the were shorted but bushier so was already rather level.

I wouldnt say its worth it for all autos.

LST with an auto???

I am gonna qualify this response in advance..... I have NEVER grown autos....

That being said.... I would NOT do it.... Autos are bred down to grow for a month or so.... Flower and die.....Male or female.... doesn't matter.... Extra stress with LST or trying to screw with the preprogrammed schedule of the genetics of the plant. will most likely end badly....

BUT I might be wrong....

I used to try and avoid doing anything that wld slow growth down in any way shape or form with autos....I think some gentle lst if needed wld not hurt but I certainly wld never top/fim them. Jmo

Hamster Lewis said:
I used to try and avoid doing anything that wld slow growth down in any way shape or form with autos....I think some gentle lst if needed wld not hurt but I certainly wld never top/fim them. Jmo
I second that! :yeahthat:

Latest posts

Back